Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions What is Your Favorite Anti-Virus Software for Windows at Home? Post 302207789 by Neo on Saturday 21st of June 2008 12:06:19 AM
Old 06-21-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparcguy
seems like a number of folks use avast. zonealarm is free too, well sort of.

but avast sounds a lot like zonealarm i don't wanna get something that works like zone. I don't mind to pay but it must be worth the money.
Why do you say that Avast and Zonealarm are "a lot alike"?

I have used both Avast and Zonealarm for AV and they seem quite different to me. (I don't like ZoneAlarm but really like Avast).

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

anti-spam virus package for Unix

:( Is there anyone know the anti-spam and anti- virus package software list for Unix !!?? Where can I find that, I have no idea in searching through the internet! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwayne
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anti Virus sw

Can anyone recommend Anti Virus sw for a ten user small business environment running Unix... ver? Thanks for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

anti virus caller

Hi all. Iam using AVG antivirus personel edition, and i can only set it to run at one time only. Iam running it on a Win98 machine. is it possilbe to write a Perl script or c++ script to set it up to run at 12pm and 3pm and 6pm ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

What anti-virus to use with Ubuntu

Greetings I just installed Ubuntu 9 on my computer and need to know what anti-virus software to use. I have been using Avast anti-virus on my other comps for years and really like it. I have not tried it with Ubuntu yet but it says for Windows based systems. Any ideas are appreciated Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N5TDA
5 Replies

5. Linux

Linux Anti Virus

Can anyone tell the best free antivirus for Linux? I'm using RED HAT 9.0 & want to install antivirus for it. So if anyone has any suggestions of where to get that antivirus, that would be great! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
2 Replies

6. Linux

Anti-virus Software Question For Linux

Greetings To All! I am new in supporting Linux and recently I was tasked to find out the following information and am not sure how to find the answers, hence this posting... I am running Redhat Enterprise Server 5.4 I realize this is a Redhat specific question, but it pertains to all of our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
7 Replies
SNAKE(6)							 BSD Games Manual							  SNAKE(6)

NAME
snake, snscore -- display chase game SYNOPSIS
snake [-w width] [-l length] [-t] snscore DESCRIPTION
snake is a display-based game which must be played on a CRT terminal. The object of the game is to make as much money as possible without getting eaten by the snake. The -l and -w options allow you to specify the length and width of the field. By default the entire screen is used. The -t option makes the game assume you are on a slow terminal. You are represented on the screen by an I. The snake is 6 squares long and is represented by s's with an S at its head. The money is $, and an exit is #. Your score is posted in the upper left hand corner. You can move around using the same conventions as vi(1), the h, j, k, and l keys work, as do the arrow keys. Other possibilities include: sefc These keys are like hjkl but form a directed pad around the d key. HJKL These keys move you all the way in the indicated direction to the same row or column as the money. This does not let you jump away from the snake, but rather saves you from having to type a key repeatedly. The snake still gets all his turns. SEFC Likewise for the upper case versions on the left. ATPB These keys move you to the four edges of the screen. Their position on the keyboard is the mnemonic, e.g. P is at the far right of the keyboard. x This lets you quit the game at any time. p Points in a direction you might want to go. w Space warp to get out of tight squeezes, at a price. To earn money, move to the same square the money is on. A new $ will appear when you earn the current one. As you get richer, the snake gets hungrier. To leave the game, move to the exit (#). A record is kept of the personal best score of each player. Scores are only counted if you leave at the exit, getting eaten by the snake is worth nothing. As in pinball, matching the last digit of your score to the number which appears after the game is worth a bonus. To see who wastes time playing snake, run snscore. FILES
/var/games/snakerawscores database of personal bests /var/games/snake.log log of games played BUGS
When playing on a small screen, it's hard to tell when you hit the edge of the screen. The scoring function takes into account the size of the screen. A perfect function to do this equitably has not been devised. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD