Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions What is Your Favorite Anti-Virus Software for Windows at Home? Post 302207786 by cbkihong on Friday 20th of June 2008 10:19:44 PM
Old 06-20-2008
I use Norton 360 v2. In the DOS era I sort of admired the Norton brand but as someone pointed out that is gradually eroding with the Symantec brand. My experience is that N360v2 is not quite resource intensive and I did not notice significant slowdown, but I'm not too much impressed either.

But it did corrupt the jscript.dll on my Vista and causes IE7 and Vista sidebar widgets to malfunction. I needed to do a system file checking manually to fix but that was not a great deal so long that can be fixed.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

anti-spam virus package for Unix

:( Is there anyone know the anti-spam and anti- virus package software list for Unix !!?? Where can I find that, I have no idea in searching through the internet! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwayne
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anti Virus sw

Can anyone recommend Anti Virus sw for a ten user small business environment running Unix... ver? Thanks for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

anti virus caller

Hi all. Iam using AVG antivirus personel edition, and i can only set it to run at one time only. Iam running it on a Win98 machine. is it possilbe to write a Perl script or c++ script to set it up to run at 12pm and 3pm and 6pm ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

What anti-virus to use with Ubuntu

Greetings I just installed Ubuntu 9 on my computer and need to know what anti-virus software to use. I have been using Avast anti-virus on my other comps for years and really like it. I have not tried it with Ubuntu yet but it says for Windows based systems. Any ideas are appreciated Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N5TDA
5 Replies

5. Linux

Linux Anti Virus

Can anyone tell the best free antivirus for Linux? I'm using RED HAT 9.0 & want to install antivirus for it. So if anyone has any suggestions of where to get that antivirus, that would be great! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
2 Replies

6. Linux

Anti-virus Software Question For Linux

Greetings To All! I am new in supporting Linux and recently I was tasked to find out the following information and am not sure how to find the answers, hence this posting... I am running Redhat Enterprise Server 5.4 I realize this is a Redhat specific question, but it pertains to all of our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
7 Replies
GPT-UNINSTALL(8)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  GPT-UNINSTALL(8)

NAME
gpt-uninstall - Uninstall any GPT package. SYNOPSIS
gpt-uninstall [--force --help -name ] pkgname-flavor-pkgtype DESCRIPTION
gpt-uninstall will uninstall a package from the system. OPTIONS
-force This will force actions to take place. -native Use native package manager (Only works with rpm). pkgname-flavor-pkgtype Expression describing the packages that should be removed. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -man Prints the manual page and exits. -version Prints the version of GPT and exits. EXAMPLES
gpt-uninstall -name=foo removes all flavors and package types with the name "foo". gpt-uninstall foo Also removes all flavors and package types with the name "foo". gpt-uninstall 'foo-*-*' A third way of typing the same uninstall. Note the single quotes. gpt-uninstall '*-noflavor-*' Remove all of the packages with a 'noflavor' build flavor. gpt-uninstall '*-*-*' Remove all packages. Note that files generated by gpt-postinstall will not be removed BUGS
Currently the flavor check that gpt-uninstall uses only works if the flavor is installed by gpt-build. And so for example: gpt-uninstall foo-gcc32-* will not work. The work around is to uninstall the packages individually using something like: gpt-uninstall -name=foo -flavor=gcc32 -pkgtype=pgm Or use a wild card for the flavor to uninstall all flavors of the package. gpt-uninstall foo-*-* SEE ALSO
gpt-install(8) gpt-query(8) gpt-verify(8) gpt-postinstall(8) AUTHOR
Michael Bletzinger <mbletzin.ncsa.uiuc.edu> and Eric Blau <eblau.ncsa.uiuc.edu> perl v5.14.2 2012-04-30 GPT-UNINSTALL(8)