Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions What is Your Favorite Anti-Virus Software for Windows at Home? Post 302207786 by cbkihong on Friday 20th of June 2008 10:19:44 PM
Old 06-20-2008
I use Norton 360 v2. In the DOS era I sort of admired the Norton brand but as someone pointed out that is gradually eroding with the Symantec brand. My experience is that N360v2 is not quite resource intensive and I did not notice significant slowdown, but I'm not too much impressed either.

But it did corrupt the jscript.dll on my Vista and causes IE7 and Vista sidebar widgets to malfunction. I needed to do a system file checking manually to fix but that was not a great deal so long that can be fixed.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

anti-spam virus package for Unix

:( Is there anyone know the anti-spam and anti- virus package software list for Unix !!?? Where can I find that, I have no idea in searching through the internet! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwayne
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anti Virus sw

Can anyone recommend Anti Virus sw for a ten user small business environment running Unix... ver? Thanks for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

anti virus caller

Hi all. Iam using AVG antivirus personel edition, and i can only set it to run at one time only. Iam running it on a Win98 machine. is it possilbe to write a Perl script or c++ script to set it up to run at 12pm and 3pm and 6pm ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

What anti-virus to use with Ubuntu

Greetings I just installed Ubuntu 9 on my computer and need to know what anti-virus software to use. I have been using Avast anti-virus on my other comps for years and really like it. I have not tried it with Ubuntu yet but it says for Windows based systems. Any ideas are appreciated Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N5TDA
5 Replies

5. Linux

Linux Anti Virus

Can anyone tell the best free antivirus for Linux? I'm using RED HAT 9.0 & want to install antivirus for it. So if anyone has any suggestions of where to get that antivirus, that would be great! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
2 Replies

6. Linux

Anti-virus Software Question For Linux

Greetings To All! I am new in supporting Linux and recently I was tasked to find out the following information and am not sure how to find the answers, hence this posting... I am running Redhat Enterprise Server 5.4 I realize this is a Redhat specific question, but it pertains to all of our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
7 Replies
plaintov(1Vi)															     plaintov(1Vi)

NAME
plaintov - convert image from Vista plain file format to Vista data file SYNOPSIS
plaintov [-option ...] [infile] [outfile] DESCRIPTION
plaintov reads an image in Vista plain file format and writes is as a Vista data file. Plain file format, defined in Vplain(5Vi), allows a small image to be created entirely using a text editor because it represents pixel val- ues in ASCII. In a Vista data file, those pixel values are encoded in binary. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
plaintov accepts the following options: -help Prints a message describing options. -in infile Specifies the input file, which is in Vista plain file format. -out outfile Specifies the output file, which will be a Vista data file. -name name Specifies the name to be given the converted image. Default: ``image''. Input and output files can be specified on the command line or allowed to default to the standard input and output streams. SEE ALSO
VImage(3Vi), Vplain(5Vi), Vfile(5Vi), Vista(7Vi) AUTHOR
Daniel Ko <ko@cs.ubc.ca> Vista Version 1.12 3 March 1994 plaintov(1Vi)