Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting extraction of perfect text from file. Post 302207528 by Franklin52 on Friday 20th of June 2008 07:19:31 AM
Old 06-20-2008
Code:
awk -F"\"" '$3 ~ "password="{print $4}' file

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for text extraction from a file

Hi All, I am new to Shell Scripting. I have a file consisting of XML messages.Each message is associated with a timestamp value(it is not a xml field).I need to extract\copy all messages in a particular time interval and put in another new file using Shell Scripting. My XML looks like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extraction of data from a text file which follows certain pattern

hi everybody, i have a file, in it I need to extract some data that follows a particular pattern.. For example: my file contains like now running Speak225 sep 22 mon 16:34:05 2008 -------------------------------- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohkris
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

String extraction from a text file

The following script code works great for extracting 'postmaster' from a line of text stored in a variable named string: string="PenaltyError:=554 5.7.1 Error, send your mail to postmaster@LOCALDOMAIN" stuff=$( echo $string | cut -d@ -f1 | awk '{ print $NF }' ) echo $stuff However, I need to be... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleanden
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction of data from multiple text files, and creation of a chart

Hello dear friends, My problem as explained below seems really basic. Fact is that I'm totally new to programming, and have only a week to produce a script ( CShell or Perl ? ) to perform this action. While searching on the forums, I found a command that could help me, but I don't know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ackheron
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction of text using sed or awk command

Hi All, I need to extract 543 from the command below : # pvscan PV /dev/sdb1 VG vg0 lvm2 Total: 1 543.88 GB] / in use: 1 / in no VG: 0 I have the following command which does the job, but I think this could be achieved in a more simple way using sed or awk. Any help is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - horizontal and vertical text extraction

Hi, I need some help in getting extracting the specific horizontal and vertical texts in a single line. I am trying to extract few of the parameters from a config file. Your help is appreciated. Desired Output ---------------- Pool members members ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratheeshp
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed text extraction between 2 patterns using variables

Hi everyone! I'm writting a function in .bashrc to extract some text from a file. The file looks like this: " random text Begin CG step 1 random text Begin CG step 2 ... Begin CG step 100 random text" For a given number, let's say 70, I want all the text between "Begin CG... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radudownload
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text extraction

Dear All, I am trying to extract text from a file containing cron entries. cat /var/tmp/cron_backups/debmed_tmp < * * * * * /bell > * * * * * /belly what I am trying to do is create two text files containing all entries that begin with < and another text files containing entries with > .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solution which is works perfect if all headers match from file b

HI Guys, I have file A.txt Code: ID,L1,L2,L3,L4 1A,2a,33a,44b,55c 2A,10a,14a,15b,16c File B.txt Code: ID L1 L4 L5 Output:- Code: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huuanh2811
3 Replies
DP(8)								     [nmh-1.5]								     DP(8)

NAME
dp - parse dates 822-style SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/dp [-form formatfile] [-format string] [-width columns] [-version] [-help] dates ... DESCRIPTION
Dp is a program that parses dates according to the ARPA Internet standard. It also understands many non-standard formats, such as those produced by TOPS-20 sites and some UNIX sites using ctime(3). It is useful for seeing how nmh will interpret a date. The dp program treats each argument as a single date, and prints the date out in the official 822-format. Hence, it is usually best to enclose each argument in quotes for the shell. To override the output format used by dp, the -format string or -format file switches are used. This permits individual fields of the address to be extracted with ease. The string is simply a format string and the file is simply a format file. See mh-format(5) for the details. Here is the default format string used by dp: %<(nodate{text})error: %{text}%|%(putstr(pretty{text}))%> which says that if an error was detected, print the error, a `:', and the date in error. Otherwise, output the 822-proper format of the date. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
None SEE ALSO
ap(8), Standard for the Format of ARPA Internet Text Messages (RFC-822) DEFAULTS
`-format' default as described above `-width' default to the width of the terminal CONTEXT
None BUGS
The argument to the -format switch must be interpreted as a single token by the shell that invokes dp. Therefore, one must usually place the argument to this switch inside quotes. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 DP(8)