Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find in HP,AIX vs Linux
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Find in HP,AIX vs Linux Post 302207424 by zaxxon on Friday 20th of June 2008 01:35:27 AM
Old 06-20-2008
How do you manage so many hosts? How do you handle updates? Don't you use a CSM for AIX? Else -> "man find" and good luck Smilie The rpm of gnu find should be very small so no much impact on network and boxes either.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find out the spec of my AIX?

Does anyone know if there are any commands that allow me to find out the spec of my AIX machine? It's RS6000. Thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: E-Quality
2 Replies

2. AIX

how to find virtual ip in aix.

hi, can some body in helping me in finding the virtual ip of the aix machine using ifconfig. I tried ifconfig -a but there could be any interface name so finding that out would be difficult. So colud anyone suggest me some option. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasi_in
2 Replies

3. AIX

Where to find printer drivers for AIX 5.x

I was wondering if somebody knew of a website where printer drivers can be downloaded for AIX 5.3. Most of our printers are HP and the driver that is installed works properly. As of lately, our users have started to get other type of printers, including Multi-purpose devices. I am struggling to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabiogilr
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command AIX

Hi all , could anyone please help with find command in AIX. I am trying to find files but there are more than 30thousand files in there.I realise I need to use xargs somehow but dunno the correct way to pull this. find /log_directory/* -prune -xdev -type f -mtime +20 | xargs ls -l the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erinlomo
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to find if AIX supports GUI

Hi Everyone I'm preparing for upgrading an application. The application upgrade documents say the following. its AIX 5.3 Server. How do I find if my AIX supports the X11 windowing environment? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocker_me2002
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to find AIX Free Memory?

All, AIX: 6.1 64 bits How to find out Free memory available on AIX 6.1 64 bits When I used : svmon -G size inuse free pin virtual mmode memory 1048576 612109 191151 215969 549824 Ded-E pg space 4325376 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a1_win
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command not working on AIX

Hello, I am running find command in an AIX Server to find last 7 days modified directories/files. >cd /usr/openv/netbackup/db/class >ls -l total 0 drwxr-xr-x 3 root system 256 May 28 2014 Catalog-Backup drwxr-xr-x 3 root system 256 Sep 18 2012 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
4 Replies

8. AIX

AIX - find command with mtime

Hello experts, I would get from a list of files, which are more ancient than 1 hour. Examples: Current date: Wed Oct 28 16:10:02 SAT 2015 using: find path -name 'file_name. *' -mtime +0 I see files with less at 00:00:00 date of the current day. /path/file_name.20151027170725... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: carlino70
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX find with Variables

I am trying to do a find with a variable but no matter which way I try it does not work. This is aix. Can I get some ideas on what I am doing wrong? for i in `cat file`; do find / -type f -name "$i" -exec ls -l {} + ; done for i in `cat file`; do find / -type f -name "\$i" -exec ls -l... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies
RPMDB(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  RPMDB(8)

NAME
rpmdb - RPM Database Tool SYNOPSIS
rpm {--initdb|--rebuilddb} DESCRIPTION
The general form of an rpm rebuild database command is rpm {--initdb|--rebuilddb} [-v] [--dbpath DIRECTORY] [--root DIRECTORY] Use --initdb to create a new database if one doesn't already exist (existing database is not overwritten), use --rebuilddb to rebuild the database indices from the installed package headers. SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmkeys(8), rpmsign(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec(8), rpm --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc 29 June 2010 RPMDB(8)