Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Creating space in root folder Post 302207333 by Browser on Thursday 19th of June 2008 02:48:52 PM
Old 06-19-2008
Creating space in root folder

Hi , I was wondering if anyone knows any great ways for creating space in your Root Folder.
My root folder was created with only 247.7MB & I found out that its now full & I was initially wondering how important the "thumbnails Folder" was & if it was alright to delete their contenses as I noticed a lot of files in them.
Thanks anyone who may know of other options or if deleting thumbnails matters much as I am not sure where they exactly get used from the root folder.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically creating a folder

Hi How can i create a date folder inside my logs folder everday when a script is run ?? eg : ./logs/20060803/pkm.log where only variable is 20060803 and all other folder name should remain same. Thanks in advance Pankaj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
1 Replies

2. SCO

Root Folder Space Maintenance (SCO)

We have SCO Unix (realease 5.0.5b), Please advise which files can be safely deleted on the system root folder / to create space? These are mainly spool/message/history etc log files. Where they located and can they be deleted using rm? The server has been operational for the past 4 years. ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: othman
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating folder when the string matches

hi :confused:sorry last time , b4 im drafting the thread i was unexpectedly posted the thread see here is the program wat it will do is .. i have to create folder at the run time when the string matches ... what to do is im havin text file which carry the file name like ( EngCVer1pg1j01.TOP,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

space in folder name

hi my folder name is below FTP_DIR="/DATA/TEMP/PA Mthly and Qrty files" But when i am using the varaible in my ftp shel script i am getting the error '/DATA/TEMP/VA: The system cannot find the path specified please advice. thanks in advance sam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the folder with space in name.

A solaris server with SAMBA share folder. The PC users created many folders with space on it, I want to find them out, but not list its subfolders. For example, I have below folders Copy of ABC/efg/xy sa/Test again/xyt If I use command: find . -type d |grep " " I will list 6 folders, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdcwayx
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Which Folder occupies more space?

Hi, What are the correct parameters to list folders size in MBs under a particular directory in HP-UX ? I know and commands but cannot get the output of folder sizes in MBs. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files from Space Folder to other folder

I want to move a folder with spaces from one folder to another. I have two folders like this, 1).RT_032-222 -4444-01/ 2). RT_032-555 -7777-01/ I want to move files from 2 to 1 through shell script.Here I want to assign this like a user defined variable like as Source branch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a sub-folder in multiple folders

Hi I've been trying to find an answer to this question and was hoping someone would be able to help me. I want to add a sub-folder to to an existing structure: for example /toys/toy_1/new /toys/toy_2/new /toys/toy_3/new There are humdreds of theses folders - what i want to do is add a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LouSan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a ksh script to copy a folder

Hi Folks, I need help in creating a ksh script to copy a folder from one server to multiple other servers using ssh and sftp. The thing is the folder name changes daily. So is there a way we could specify the folder name during the execution of script.? I would appreciate a quicker help.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lena07
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating dated folder name in SMB share

I can't seen to figure this out. Let's say I want to create a folder with the name "August2017". In regular terminal prompt I can type mkdir `date +%B%Y` But when I'm connected to a SMB share (at the smb: prompt), the command doesn't translate properly. A folder gets created but the name is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdch1000
4 Replies