Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Strange KSH behaviour - any comments? Post 302207261 by gfca on Thursday 19th of June 2008 01:10:09 PM
Old 06-19-2008
Hi!

I have tried what u did in AIX5.3, that uses ksh and it worked well.

Code:
root@bbb:/> ./teste.sh ola
#parameters 1
$1 ola
$2
root@bbb:/> ./teste.sh ola bla
#parameters 2
$1 ola
$2 bla
root@bbb:/> ./teste.sh ola bla edas
#parameters 3
$1 ola
$2 bla
root@bbb:/> ./teste.sh
#parameters 0
$1
$2
root@bbb:/>

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

/etc/passwd strange behaviour!

Hi there, first of all, here is my conf of a uname -a Linux SAMBA 2.4.18-4GB #1 Wed Mar 27 13:57:05 UTC 2002 i686 unknown on a fedora machine. Here is my problem: every once in a while, the line containing root disappears in the /etc/passwd, disabling all logging on my server. Any one have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: penguin-friend
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Strange Behaviour!!!

Can some-one give me a view to this : I have a directory in an unix server, having permissions r-xr-xr-x .This directory is basically a source directory. Now there is another directory basically the destination directory which has all the permissions. Note:I log in as not the owner,but user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navojit dutta
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange sed behaviour

$ echo a.bc | sed -e "s/\|/\\|/g" |a|.|b|c| $ Is the behavior of the sed statement expected ? Or is this a bug in sed ? OS details Linux 2.6.9-55.0.0.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed May 2 14:59:56 PDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Longer commands and strange behaviour on ksh

Hi, I was trying to customize this archaic HP-UX box. only shell available is ksh and that too seems to be pretty old and doesn't completely conform to what I read on the web about ksh. Anyway here are my issues: - I wanted to have a dynamic title on xterm or dtterm. I put the following lines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurags
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Program behaviour

Had a strange thing going on with my code. It's ok I figured it out for myself.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrpugster
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange behaviour from sed???

Hi all, I want to do a very simple thing with sed. I want to print out the line number of a disk I have defined in /etc/exports, so I do: It's all good, but here's the problem. When I define md0 in a variable, I get nothing from sed: Why is that? can anybody please help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange behaviour with perl i/o?

Hi All, I got a strange problem here. I have a perl script which is fetching data from a database table and writing a file with that data. If i run that script from linux command line, the file it creates is a normal ascii text file without any binary character in it.But... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
9 Replies

8. HP-UX

Strange login behaviour

Hi all, I am using HP-UX and I have just noticed that when I log into the network it seems to save the previous windows that were subsequently closed on previous occasions. Does anyone know when I log in, it seems to display these previous windows, e.g. nedit windows open again? Does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Crontab strange behaviour

Hi all, I'm having this scenario which for the moment I cannot resolve. :( I wrote a script to make a dump/export of the oracle database. and then put this entry on crontab to be executed daily for example. The script is like below: cat /home/oracle/scripts/db_backup.sh #!/bin/ksh ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enux
3 Replies
Config::Model::Dumper(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Config::Model::Dumper(3pm)

NAME
Config::Model::Dumper - Serialize data of config tree VERSION
version 2.021 SYNOPSIS
use Config::Model ; use Log::Log4perl qw(:easy) ; Log::Log4perl->easy_init($WARN); # define configuration tree object my $model = Config::Model->new ; $model ->create_config_class ( name => "MyClass", element => [ [qw/foo bar/] => { type => 'leaf', value_type => 'string' }, baz => { type => 'hash', index_type => 'string' , cargo => { type => 'leaf', value_type => 'string', }, }, ], ) ; my $inst = $model->instance(root_class_name => 'MyClass' ); my $root = $inst->config_root ; # put some data in config tree the hard way $root->fetch_element('foo')->store('yada') ; $root->fetch_element('bar')->store('bla bla') ; $root->fetch_element('baz')->fetch_with_id('en')->store('hello') ; # put more data the easy way my $step = 'baz:fr=bonjour baz:hr="dobar dan"'; $root->load( step => $step ) ; # dump only customized data print $root->dump_tree; DESCRIPTION
This module is used directly by Config::Model::Node to serialize configuration data in a compact (but readable) string. The serialization can be done in standard mode where only customized values are dumped in the string. I.e. only data modified by the user are dumped. The other mode is "full_dump" mode where all all data, including default values, are dumped. The serialized string can be used by Config::Model::Walker to store the data back into a configuration tree. Note that undefined values are skipped for list element. I.e. if a list element contains "('a',undef,'b')", the dump will contain 'a','b'. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( ) No parameter. The constructor should be used only by Config::Model::Node. Methods dump_tree Return a string that contains a dump of the object tree with all the values. This string follows the convention defined by Config::Model::Walker. The serialized string can be used by Config::Model::Walker to store the data back into a configuration tree. Parameters are: mode ( full | preset | custom ) "full" will dump all configuration data including default values. "preset" will dump only value entered in preset mode. By default, the dump contains only data modified by the user (i.e. "custom" data that differ from default or preset values). node Reference to the Config::Model::Node object that is dumped. All nodes and leaves attached to this node are also dumped. skip_auto_write ( <backend_name> ) Skip node that have a write capability matching "backend_name" in their model. See Config::Model::AutoRead. auto_vivify Scan and create data for nodes elements even if no actual data was stored in them. This may be useful to trap missing mandatory values. (default: 0) experience ( ... ) Restrict dump to "beginner" or "intermediate" parameters. Default is to dump all parameters ("master" level) check Check value before dumping. Valid check are 'yes', 'no' and 'skip'. AUTHOR
Dominique Dumont, (ddumont at cpan dot org) SEE ALSO
Config::Model,Config::Model::Node,Config::Model::Walker perl v5.14.2 2012-11-09 Config::Model::Dumper(3pm)