Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Beginner for Perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Beginner for Perl Post 302207074 by Franklin52 on Thursday 19th of June 2008 05:10:25 AM
Old 06-19-2008
And one of our moderator cbkihong:

http://www.cbkihong.com/index.pl?op=perltut〈=e

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help. I am a beginner.

Alrigt, I need to write a shell script where it counts the number of folders and files and dispays "My home directory has 'x' files and 'y' directories." So, I was thinking of doing this. set x = `ls | wc` so, if I have 8 files and folders in my home directory, x is not 8. now, I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lykathea Aflame
1 Replies

2. Programming

Beginner C

Anyone know where I can get started in C++ programming in unix? Any good free tutorials or websites to start at? I am okay in unix scripting but have never done c programming of any sort... What are the main advantages of using C++ ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Beginner Help

hi guys, i have a DEl xps laptop cor 2 duo 2.2 i have vista installed on it i want to install a dual Boot UNIX on it.. can some one guide me ...cause i m tottaly new to UNIX i want to install unix on that laptop along with Vista.... thx any help would be deeply appreciated (sorry if i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Farhan082
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner Help

I need to write a script to test a nsort c program. I have written 8 .txt files with different cases. Also 8 .txt files with expected outcome. The shell I have written always "test pass" for the first case but always "fail" for the rest... Here is a portion of my code (as I still don't know how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodeau
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Beginner - What Should I Do First?

Hi people.... I have just started to learn unix.I want to know which version of Unix to install plus how to install it.I need to practise and make myself aware of how unix works.My thread is from an educational point of view.Also please feel free to give your suggestions as I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.kanade1983
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner looking for help

Hello, I am trying to write a script that reads names from a file called input, removes names if they have the same letter next to each other and prints the others. e.g. Colin & John would be printed Garry & Lynn would be removed My thinking is that I read in each name and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: colinireland
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Beginner needs help

how do i implement a script that asks user to input a word. it should ask for input a word continuously until the word is longer than 5 characters then stop. this is what i have so far #!/bin/bash read -p "enter word" word1 while ; do echo "continue" done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcusstar10
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner Perl help Please

Hi I am trying to generate random names using perl script. First let me post my code #!/usr/bin/perl my $name; my @charset = (('A'..'Z'), ('a'..'z')); my $range = $#charset + 1; print "Enter the limit\n"; $lim = <STDIN>; until ($lim == 0){ for (1..8) { $name .=... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srijith
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner Need Help on perl input

Hi, I am beginner perl input I just want to know if I want to make a program that let user input a function such as input " < value " List all files that are less than value The current directory is used. eg input " < 5" list all file that less than 5 in current directory until user input "quit" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Help me please i am beginner

i have windows 8 host on Dell Laptop vmware 9 redhat 7.2 iso downloaded through redhat official site after installation on vm it only boots into text dont show graphics Please guide:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hananabbas
1 Replies
wml::std::lang(3)						     EN Tools							 wml::std::lang(3)

NAME
wml::std::lang - Multi-Lingual Support SYNOPSIS
#use wml::std::lang <lang:new id=xx [short]> <lang:area> (xx) ... (yy) ... </lang:area> <lang:set-wildcard ...> <lang:star: ...*..> <lang:star:href: index.*.html|index.html> <lang:star:slice: index.*.html> <lang:xx>...</lang:xx> <lang:xx: ...> <xx>...</xx> <xx: ...> <lang:current> <lang:list> DESCRIPTION
This include file provides high-level multi-lingual support via Slices. Its purpose is to define the slices ``"LANG_XX"'' according to the multi-lingual selection tags. The general intend of this slice-based approach is to use the defined slices in Pass 9 (Slice) via WMLs -o option. A typical shebang-line example for the use with a webserver's content negotiation feature is: #!wml -o (ALL-LANG_*)+LANG_EN:index.html.en -o (ALL-LANG_*)+LANG_DE:index.html.de Since WML 1.7.0, the "<lang:star:slice:>" tag is an alternative to this shebang-line. Before you can use a language, you have to define the corresponding tags via "<lang:new>". For instance when you want to use the languages english and german, use: <lang:new id=en> <lang:new id=de> Then the following tags are defined: <lang:en>...</lang:en> <lang:de>...</lang:de> <lang:en: ...> <lang:de: ...> i.e. for both languages a container tag and a simple tag is defined. The container tag is more readable while the simple tag is nicer for short variants. When the names "lang:xx" are still to large for you, you can use the "short" attribute to "<lang:new>" <lang:new id=en short> <lang:new id=de short> when then leads to the defintion of the shortcut variants: <en>...</en> <de>...</de> <en: ...> <de: ...> Additionally you always have the "<lang:area>"..."</lang:area>" container tag available which provides an alternative way of selecting the language in its body. It automatically surrounds the data between `"(xx)"' start tags with the corresponding "LANG_XX" slice. The following are equal: <lang:xx: Foo><lang:yy Bar> <lang:xx>Foo</lang:xx><lang:yy>Bar</lang:yy> <lang:area>(xx)Foo(yy)Bar</lang:area> Because these three lines internally get expanded to [LANG_XX:Foo:][LANG_YY:Bar:] [LANG_XX:Foo:][LANG_YY:Bar:] [LANG_XX:Foo:][LANG_YY:Bar:] There is one additional special tag: "<lang:star:>". This tag expands its attribute line like the "<lang:xx:>" tags but multiple times. Actually as much as defined languages exists ("<lang:new>"!). And in each expansion the asterisks (=stars) in the data gets replaced by the language identifier. Is is sometimes convenient to use another wildcard, e.g. when defining navigation bars. The "<lang:set-wildcard>" tag does the job. The attribute becomes the wildcard used in future substitutions. Without attribute, the default value is restored. You may specify any regular expression, and do not forget to escape special characters (the astersisk is in fact ``\*''). <lang:set-wildcard "%"> <lang:star: index.%.html> <lang:set-wildcard> There is a more specialized variant named "<lang:star:href:>" which is similar to "<lang:star:>" but treats its attribute value as a URL part and tries to check if it already exists. If it doesn't exist the tag expands the value without the star or an alternative value which can be appended with ``|alt-value''. The "<lang:star:slice:>" is another variant to help writing multi-lingual files quickly. It must come after all occurences of "<lang:new>" tags. <lang:star:slice: index.html.*> The `%BASE' form is recognized (see wml(1)) and an empty argument is equivalent to the string `"%BASE.*.html"'. But note that the use of this tag instead of the WML shebang line prevents WMk from doing its job, because WMk can not guess output filenames in this case. For complex multi-lingual documents, you may want to know in which language text is currently processed. This is achieved with <lang:current> which always returns current language (as defined in "<lang:new>" or an empty string when outside of any language portion. The macro <lang:list> prints the newline separated list of defined languages. EXAMPLE
The following is an example of a webpage "index.wml" with a multi-lingual header and hyperlink: #use wml::std::lang #use wml::std::href <lang:new id=en short> <lang:new id=de short> <lang:star:slice: index.html.*> <h1><en: Welcome><de: Willkommen></h1> <href name="The Hyperlink" url="<lang:star: index.*.html>"> <href name="The Hyperlink" url="<lang:star:href: index2.*.html|index2.html>"> When processed via $ wml index.wml The following two output files are generated (assuming that index2.html and only index2.de.html exists): index.html.en: <h1>Welcome</h1> <a href="index.en.html">The Hyperlink</a> <a href="index2.html">The Hyperlink</a> index.html.de: <h1>Willkommen</h1> <a href="index.de.html">The Hyperlink</a> <a href="index2.de.html">The Hyperlink</a> AUTHOR
Ralf S. Engelschall rse@engelschall.com www.engelschall.com Denis Barbier barbier@engelschall.com REQUIRES
Internal: P1, P2, P6, P9 External: -- SEE ALSO
slice(1) EN Tools 2014-04-16 wml::std::lang(3)