Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Recursive FTP -- here at last. Post 302206926 by diggitydanc on Wednesday 18th of June 2008 05:18:53 PM
Old 06-18-2008
Directory Recursing

I ran across this script and am hoping what I'm encountering can be easily overcome because this will be invaluable in a server migration I'm working on. I'm able to connect to my ftp server and it logs in. I'm using

Code:
ksh HardFeed -drfv <server> <user> httpdocs

to initiate the script. I get reasonable output for everything in my main directory, then it begins on the sub directories. My first subdirectory is BeTheBoss and it has a subdirectory of images, and HardFeed seems to get through those fine. The 2nd subdirectory is where I run into trouble. I get the following output:

Code:
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/HardFeed.tp.5660.3': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/HardFeed.ok.5660.3': No such file or directory
httpdocs/BeTheBoss/Binder is a remote directory that already exists
FATAL ERROR: timed out waiting for:
             BeTheBoss-AK66.html

and the script aborts. My directory tree looks something like this:

Code:
/httpdocs/BeTheBoss/images
/httpdocs/Binder

From the looks of it it's using Binder as a subdirectory of BeTheBoss, but I'm not quite sure why. I'm going to try to dig through the script and solve it myself, but I don't know if I have quite enough shell scripting background to manage it.f

Thanks in advance if you beat me to the answer; if I find the fix I'll post back to this forum. Smilie

--Dan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive FTP

I am trying to write a recursive FTP script and have come to a point where I need to test if the file is either a normal ascii file or a directory. My question is how do I test if the file is either ascii or directory. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aslamg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive effect!!

I run the following command in some of my folders... and ended up with a huge mess!! find . -type f -exec perl -e 's/blabla/zzzxxxx/gi' -p -i.bak {} \; I had to kill the process and later when I checked with one of my folders.. ls vaditerm.dt.bak vaditerm.dt.bak.bak... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl + Net::FTP::Recursive

Problem: It will not advance to the next user in the list. It always dies right after it sends the 2/2 files from the first users dir. $USERLIST="/export/home/mxdooley/perl_ftp/userlist"; $USER_DIR="/export/home/mxdooley/perl_ftp/homes";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

recursive rcp

I wrote a shell script (AIX) to extract the file "/rep1/toto" from all the hosts referred in a list and send them to one local directory named ~/$host-$file with the hostname as prefix rcp -p user@host:/rep1/$file ~/$host-$file where file = toto ==> it works ! I would do the same thing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

recursive sorting

In the ls command, -t option and -R option dont work simultaneously. ls -t ---> lists the files with sorting based on file date ls -R ---> lists the files recursively. How to make utilize both in the same command.? I want to sort the recursive files listing.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fermisoft
1 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Recursive SFTP

Hello, I need to transfer files from Serve1 to Server2. Previously I was using scp command. Now I have to use sftp (due to audit issues). The problem with sftp is (atleast to my level of knowledge) we cannot transfer dirs (and files within that dir). Is there a way to solve this? Looks like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MohanTJ
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive wc on a directory?

Hi all, I need to count the number of lines in all the files under a directory (several levels deep). I am feeling extremely dumb, but I don't know how to do that. Needless to say, I am not a shell script wiz... Any advice? thanks in advance! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bimba17
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive Permissions???

Is there anyway that I can change permissions on a directory and all its sub-directories and files using one single "chmod" command?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_red_dove
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive search and ftp

Could someone help me in recursive search and ftp'ing the files to remote server? The host machine will have /dir1/dira/list_of_files1 /dir1/dirb/list_of_files2 /dir1/dirc/list_of_files3 . . . so., I need to search from dir1 recursively (only one level down) and find all the files that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brahmi
1 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Search recursive

before posting, I have tried to find my answer elsewhere. no luck. I need to find a file buried in a folder somewhere. Master folder has 10 sub folders. each sub folder has folders too. I found this but it does nothing I am on Mac and use Applescript. do shell script "find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbrady
2 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)