Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task Post 302206706 by madhusmita on Wednesday 18th of June 2008 09:14:54 AM
Old 06-18-2008
When I run this command from other server through ssh ...ssh is workinf fine..here X,Y,Z is used for ssh

${X} -l ${Y} ${Z} "trap '' INT;. ~/.profile >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; awk '/TASK gsnmpproxy/{f=1} f{$0="#"$0} /\}/&&f{f=0} 1' filename"

it gives error like

awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: bailing out near line 1

So please suggest above one or please write how to comment a line in a file if the that line is INDIA.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment/uncomment a cron

Hi, My requirement is to comment/uncomment a cron job through a script. 1. Redirected the output of crontab -l to a text file. crontab -l >cronoutput.txt 2. grep to find the script running and sed to place the comment (#) as the first char grep -i 'weblogicmonitor.sh'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannepalli
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and uncomment a line with Shell Script

Requirement is: 1. comment and uncomment the line with Shell Script: /opt/admin/fastpg/bin/fastpg.exe -c -=NET (using fastpg.exe as a search option) 2. display = "Commented" (when its commented) and display = "Uncommented" (when its uncommented) Its urgent, please let me asap!!! Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthonyraj75
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

uncomment or comment one specific line in a config file

Hello. I want comment or uncomment a ligne in a config file. The file name : /etc/samba/smb.conf Normaly the ligne is uncomment :so the line begin with a tab character followed by passdb backend =\tpassdb backend = In that case I should comment this line ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

task

Hi all, I'm newbie and stuck here. Thanks for any help. Input(txt file) a b X c d Y e f Z g h W Requested output: a b X Y c d Y X e f Z W g h W Z Please use code tags when posting data and code samples! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Task

Hi experts, I have a problem with the below shell task: I need to modify the file creatin a paired row , per each row which matches filter (e.g. number of nonempty columns = 5) Output should look like this: second row is original one from the input, first row(red) is pairing row, it's... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
29 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment/uncomment grep output

Hi I need help to comment/uncomment the output from grep command output within a file from command line using shell script. # grep -i -p testfs filesystem.out /TestFs: dev = /dev/TestFslv vfs = jfs2 log = /dev/hd8 mount ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a script that does a simple task on multiple unix servers.

hi guys, i need a script that does a simple task on multiple aix servers. if possible with both telnet and ssh. the simple task i wanna do is connect to a server and run "ifconfig -a" and get the output. nextweek i need to do similar jobs on like 50 servers... :( can anybody help me with making... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: curtis911
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easiest way to comment/uncomment a shell script?

cd path line1 line2 line3 line4 line5 Lets say thats the sample script...So say if i have to comment the above script, which would be the better way so that whenever i want, i cud comment or uncomment the same. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To comment/uncomment in config file

hi! I want to comment and uncomment 2 lines in my config files that goes like: CONTACT_LIST="abc@xyz.com;" #CONTACT_LIST="def@xyz.com;" I want to sawp the commnets in above lines and desired output should be: #CONTACT_LIST="abc@xyz.com;" CONTACT_LIST="def@xyz.com;" Please suggest. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptNovice
1 Replies
DBD::Gofer::Transport::stream(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  DBD::Gofer::Transport::stream(3)

NAME
DBD::Gofer::Transport::stream - DBD::Gofer transport for stdio streaming SYNOPSIS
DBI->connect('dbi:Gofer:transport=stream;url=ssh:username@host.example.com;dsn=dbi:...',...) or, enable by setting the DBI_AUTOPROXY environment variable: export DBI_AUTOPROXY='dbi:Gofer:transport=stream;url=ssh:username@host.example.com' DESCRIPTION
Without the "url=" parameter it launches a subprocess as perl -MDBI::Gofer::Transport::stream -e run_stdio_hex and feeds requests into it and reads responses from it. But that's not very useful. With a "url=ssh:username@host.example.com" parameter it uses ssh to launch the subprocess on a remote system. That's much more useful! It gives you secure remote access to DBI databases on any system you can login to. Using ssh also gives you optional compression and many other features (see the ssh manual for how to configure that and many other options via ~/.ssh/config file). The actual command invoked is something like: ssh -xq ssh:username@host.example.com bash -c $setup $run where $run is the command shown above, and $command is . .bash_profile 2>/dev/null || . .bash_login 2>/dev/null || . .profile 2>/dev/null; exec "$@" which is trying (in a limited and fairly unportable way) to setup the environment (PATH, PERL5LIB etc) as it would be if you had logged in to that system. The ""perl"" used in the command will default to the value of $^X when not using ssh. On most systems that's the full path to the perl that's currently executing. PERSISTENCE
Currently gofer stream connections persist (remain connected) after all database handles have been disconnected. This makes later connections in the same process very fast. Currently up to 5 different gofer stream connections (based on url) can persist. If more than 5 are in the cache when a new connection is made then the cache is cleared before adding the new connection. Simple but effective. TO DO
Document go_perl attribute Automatically reconnect (within reason) if there's a transport error. Decide on default for persistent connection - on or off? limits? ttl? AUTHOR
Tim Bunce, <http://www.tim.bunce.name> LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007, Tim Bunce, Ireland. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. SEE ALSO
DBD::Gofer::Transport::Base DBD::Gofer perl v5.18.2 2013-06-24 DBD::Gofer::Transport::stream(3)