Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Switching from one DNS to another Post 302206670 by sysgate on Wednesday 18th of June 2008 07:55:12 AM
Old 06-18-2008
You want to make it faster ? Consider implementing DNS load balancing solution, there are few available on the net, I believe.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching between two users

Can any one tell me : How we can switch between two users without prompting for the password. (In the SHELL SCRIPT can we fetch the USERID and PASSWORD from a specified file, without using SUDO command)? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepusunil
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

vt switching

greetings, i hope this hasn't been covered previously. has anyone heard of a .kext or daemon that would allow linux or (open)solaris-like vt switching? googling didn't help much.. i know os x allows a '>console' login from loginwindow.app, but i'm mainly interested in this because there are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bamdad
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

DNS A-Record point to another DNS

Hi, I have a question on how to point the DNS server-1's A-record to second DNS server, which is DNS server-2. So, the computer can access other domain which only listed in the DNS server-2. The scenario is as follow: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6333/12234.png How to configure this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paris Heng
4 Replies

6. Solaris

The switching in the different AP's

HI, I am using the windows 2003 server R2 in there we are using the putty as to access the different AP's now from the primary AP i want to login to several different AP's using a script what the script will do is :- input a text file in which list of different ap's and the corresponding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amiglani
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with switching the users

Hello. I am using a instance of Centos 5.5, I currently have two users root and zetaris, but when I try to switch the user from root su zetaris or su - zetaris the next command line shows bash-3.2$ and stops there. Further there is no response from instance. Please help me with this problem. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
3 Replies

9. Programming

Switching over to C++

Hi, We've been using a perl script to extract datas from several logs to generate a report. I've been asked to rewrite the code in C++. I want to know if it is wise to have a code in C++ and will it be more faster than Perl? (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ribosome
23 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					    CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS - set preferred DNS servers SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS, char *servers); DESCRIPTION
Pass a char * that is the list of DNS servers to be used instead of the system default. The format of the dns servers option is: host[:port][,host[:port]]... For example: 192.168.1.100,192.168.1.101,3.4.5.6 The application does not have to keep the string around after setting this option. DEFAULT
NULL - use system default PROTOCOLS
All EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
This option requires that libcurl was built with a resolver backend that supports this operation. The c-ares backend is the only such one. Added in 7.24.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not, CURLE_NOT_BUILT_IN if support was disabled at compile-time, CURLE_BAD_FUNCTION_ARGUMENT when given an invalid server list, or CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY if there was insufficient heap space. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_DNS_LOCAL_IP4(3), CURLOPT_DNS_CACHE_TIMEOUT(3), libcurl 7.54.0 December 21, 2016 CURLOPT_DNS_SERVERS(3)