Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help needed on cron job
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems Help needed on cron job Post 302206630 by nua7 on Wednesday 18th of June 2008 06:04:46 AM
Old 06-18-2008
Check if the script is getting executed at the first place.It may be a the case, that the script is not running at all..

Easiest way to do this would be, to built certain empty files in the script and check if the files are created.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron job

I believe that crob invokes command under bash. But most of our work are carried out using c shell. So what do I need to be aware of (or what precautions should I be taking) when I use cron. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharanbr
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON usage for CRON job

can anybody explain the usage of CRON for adding a cron job. please provide an example also for better understanding !!! Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron job

I created a php script i want to run as a cronjob. Where or how can I locate the cronjob file to add my script ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannyd
3 Replies

4. Linux

cron job

In my var/log/cron file Im getting this error: Mar 6 11:57:01 intranet crond: (tmp.XXXXGHJVjz) ORPHAN (no passwd entry) Mar 6 11:57:01 intranet crond: (root) RELOAD (cron/root) Mar 6 11:57:01 intranet crond: (tmp.XXXXFqiL6E) ORPHAN (no passwd entry) Im not a pro bu I think the cronjob... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannyd
4 Replies

5. Solaris

cron job starts new cron proccess

I run cron in solaris 10 zone. One cron job which syncing files to nfs mounted on container, creates after finishing another cron proccess(/usr/sbin/cron), and after 100 existing cron proccesses next cron job will not start. It's too weird for me, I'm not able to solve this problem. Theoretically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron76
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Job help

I need to write the cron job for the following scenario, Please help me out The CRON job runs sometime at night on Saturday and checks if there are more than eight files in the /PROCESSED folder. Any files over and above eight are deleted based on ascending order of date (eight most recent... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.dwivedi
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed regarding cron job scheduler with CyberArk Password security

Hi All, I have a script which will restart some web server and bring it up again. For that I need to retrieve 3 password from CyberArk (Cyber-Ark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) vault. My question is: Is this possible to schedule the script through cron and automatic password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Cron job running even after cron is removed

Hi , I have removed a cron for particular user , but cron job seems to be running even after the cron entry is removed. The purpose of the cron was to sendmail to user ( it uses mailx utility ) I have restarted cron and sendmail service still user is getting mail alerts from the cron job. And... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commented cron job -- cron monitoring

Hi I have a requirement to write a shell script,that will check the all commented job in cron job.Please help !! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
Exporter::Easiest(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Exporter::Easiest(3pm)

NAME
Exporter::Easiest - Takes even more drudgery out of Exporting symbols SYNOPSIS
In module YourModule.pm: package YourModule; use Exporter::Easiest q( EXPORT => :tag1 OK => munge frobnicate :tag1 => a b c :tag2 => :tag1 d e f FAIL => f g h ); In other files which wish to use YourModule: use ModuleName qw(frobnicate); # import listed symbols frobnicate ($left, $right) # calls YourModule::frobnicate DESCRIPTION
The Exporter::Easiest module is a wrapper around Exporter::Easy. It allows you to pass the arguments into Exporter::Easy without all those tiresome []s and qw()s. You pass arguments in as a string or an array of strings. You no longer need to bracket lists or take references. If want, you can also leave out the TAGS key and just put tag definitions along with the other keys. The important thing to remember is that tags should be preceded by ':' everywhere, including to the left of the '=>', otherwise it'll get confused. And don't worry I haven't done something horribly pythonesque, whitespace is not significant, all the parsing logic revolves around the use of ':'s and '=>'s SEE ALSO
For the real details on exporting symbols see Exporter and Exporter::Easy AUTHOR
Written by Fergal Daly <fergal@esatclear.ie>. LICENSE
Under the same license as Perl itself perl v5.12.4 2004-07-24 Exporter::Easiest(3pm)