Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: urgent request!!!!!!!
Operating Systems Solaris urgent request!!!!!!! Post 302206527 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 18th of June 2008 02:12:48 AM
Old 06-18-2008
Haasini,

Please don't hijack onother ones thread but start your own one instead.
Thanks.

The moderator team.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

URGENT HELP REQUEST!!!!Connection problem between HP3000 and HP9000

Hi, I am facing some problem in connecting the database(allbase) present on HP3000 through pro c programmin language that is being executed from HP 9000 machine could any one of you please help me!!! when i run the code on HP9000 machine it is connecting to database(access the local host)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

urgent request

While executing a ksh file with a input parameter in background like the following bash-2.03$nohup fil.ksh 4 & the nohup session is stopped. The same ksh file while executed like bash-2.03$fil.ksh 4 works fine. I am trying the above in Solaris 5.8 in bash shell. Please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkna
2 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Urgent request "remove all packages with dpkg"

Hi, this might sound somewhat weird, but I need a command to remove all packages on my machine with dpkg. I know dpkg -l will list all packages, but the troublemaker isn't on the list, and the problems started as I updated the program :wall:. Thanks in advance, I REALLY appreciate it :b: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent request to consider:Search specific name in a file and fetch specific entries

Hi all, I have 2 files, One file contain data like this FHIT CS CHRM1 PDE3A PDE3B HSP90AA1 PTK2 HTR1A ESR1 PARP1 PLA2G1B These names are mentioned in the second file(Please see attached second file) as # Drug_Target_X_Gene_Name:(Where X can be any number (1-1000) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT Reading a file and assessing the syntax shell script URGENT

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
1 Replies
kernel_thread_w_arg(9r) 												   kernel_thread_w_arg(9r)

NAME
kernel_thread_w_arg - General: Starts a kernel thread with a calling argument passed in SYNOPSIS
thread_t kernel_thread_w_arg( task_t task, void (*start) (void), void* argument ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies a pointer to a task structure. This pointer identifies the task in which the kernel_thread_w_arg routine starts the newly cre- ated kernel thread. Specifies a pointer to a routine that is the entry point for the newly created kernel thread. Specifies the argument that kernel_thread_w_arg passes to the entry point specified in start. DESCRIPTION
The kernel_thread_w_arg routine creates and starts a kernel thread in the specified task at the specified entry point with a specified argument. The kernel_thread_w_arg routine passes the specified argument to the newly created kernel thread. The kernel_thread_w_arg rou- tine creates and starts a kernel thread with timeshare scheduling. A kernel thread created with timeshare scheduling means that its prior- ity degrades if it consumes an inordinate amount of CPU resources. A kernel module should call kernel_thread_w_arg only for long-running tasks. A kernel module should always attach a kernel thread to the ``first task.'' NOTES
This routine is actually a convenience wrapper for the thread_create routine (which creates the kernel thread) and the thread_start routine (which starts the newly created kernel thread). The kernel_thread_w_arg routine behaves identically to kernel_isrthread except that with kernel_thread_w_arg you can pass an argument to the entry point for the newly created kernel thread. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, kernel_thread_w_arg returns a pointer to the thread structure associated with the kernel thread started at the specified entry point. Kernel modules can use this pointer as a handle to a specific kernel thread in calls to other kernel threads-related routines. SEE ALSO
Routines: kernel_isrthread(9r), thread_create(9r), thread_start(9r) Data Structures: task(9s), thread(9s) kernel_thread_w_arg(9r)