Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to debug with wdb debugger a cobol program? Post 302206229 by vovan on Tuesday 17th of June 2008 09:05:46 AM
Old 06-17-2008
Thanks for answering.

Actually my cobol programs are .cbl Smilie

The compiler's name is "cobol".

thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

wdb debugger

Hi all, is it possible to skip a function with the wdb debugger ? could be helpful instead of compiling the whole bunch again does someone know how to do this ? thx Sven (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sven28
4 Replies

2. Programming

How to debug a C program?

Hi, I need to fix a C program someone wrote 10 years ago and I have very limited knowledge on C. Does someone know how to debug a C program? I am so used to VB debuger. The C program is on Unix SunOs Thanks for your help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
1 Replies

3. Programming

How to debug C source file using GVD debugger

Anyone pls. help !!! I want to debug C source file using GVD debugger. However, I am unable to find the way to debug source files. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: argupta
2 Replies

4. Linux

Where to set program arguments in DDD debugger?

In DDD debugger, where to set the the arguments for main program? For example: ./myExe "argv1" "argv2" -> where to set "argv1" & "argv2" ? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
2 Replies

5. Programming

cobol crn programme run on express cobol as .gnt

can i run .crn programme in express cobol which support to .gnt programme .... Plz tell me solution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibi
2 Replies

6. Programming

Seg Fault Running AIX COBOL program

Hi some help read............ I'm getting a segmentation fault when I run an AIX COBOL/Db2 program. I initiate the program from the command line, but it hangs, and then when I press enter it generates a segmantation fault and produces a core dump. The box is running AIX software level ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve_f
5 Replies

7. AIX

Which debugger can i use to debug XL CC compiler build

Hi , I want to know which debugger can I use to debug application built using Xl CC compiler .I know dbx,gdb debuggers just want to find out whether I can use for debugging XL CC compiler generated build. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
1 Replies

8. Programming

How to use a debugger a piped program ?

Hi, I have 1 program that writes in to the STDIN of another program as shown below. Both programs contain 4 or 5 lines & would terminate in under a second. $ driver.exe | program.exe How is that I can attach the debugger (gdb) to program.exe ? so that I can step through and see what all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RipClaw
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a shell variable be called in a cobol program

Hi All, I have a file which sets all the variables on unix , based on the hostname. Currently these variables are hardcoded in the cobol programs.I was wondering if unix variables can be used in Cobol programs ? Example : I have a variable $SHTEMP which is set based on the following : Prod... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
2 Replies
KDBG(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   KDBG(1)

NAME
kdbg - a graphical debugger interface SYNOPSIS
kdbg [ generic-options ] [ -t file ] [ -r device ] [ -l language ] [ -p pid ] [ program ] [ core ] DESCRIPTION
KDbg is a graphical user interface to gdb, the GNU debugger. It provides an intuitive interface for setting breakpoints, inspecting vari- ables, stepping through code and much more. KDbg requires KDE but you can of course debug any program. KDbg can also debug XSLT (XML stylesheet translation) scripts by interfacing with xsldbg. Debian users must install the kxsldbg package to make use of this feature. You can pass KDbg the path of the executable to debug (program) or a core dump to debug (core). Features of KDbg include: Inspection of variable values in a tree structure. Direct member: For certain compound data types the most important member values are displayed next to the variable name, so that it is not necessary to expand the subtree of that variable in order to see the member value. KDbg can also display Qt's QString val- ues, which are Unicode strings. Debugger at your finger tips: The basic debugger functions (step, next, run, finish, until, set/clear/enable/disable breakpoint) are bound to function keys F5 through F10. Quick and easy. View source code, search text, set program arguments and environment variables, display arbitrary expressions. Debugging of core dumps, attaching to running processes is possible. Conditional breakpoints. OPTIONS
Below are the kdbg-specific options. For a full summary of options, run kdbg --help. -t file Write a transcript of the conversation with the debugger to the given file. -r device Use remote debugging via the given device. -l language Specify the language of the program/script to debug. This must be either C (for a C/C++ program) or XSL (for an XSLT script). If this option is not passed then KDbg will try to deduce the language from the given filename. -p pid Attach to the process with the given process ID. SEE ALSO
gdb(1), xsldbg(1). Full user documentation is available through the KDE Help Centre. Alternatively the HTML documentation can be viewed directly from /usr/share/doc/kdbg/html/. AUTHOR
KDbg was written by Johannes Sixt <Johannes.Sixt@telecom.at>. This manual page was prepared by Ben Burton <bab@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). March 25, 2005 KDBG(1)