Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: previous posts
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems previous posts Post 302206172 by james6 on Tuesday 17th of June 2008 06:31:29 AM
Old 06-17-2008
previous posts

Thanks for your response joeyg. I could see how to view questions from other users but not my own, I tripped up it later in the day. For anyone else it's Quick Links > My Profile > Find all posts by james6

Cheers, Simon.Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Previous Command

We have a Solaris Server and I am acessing it through telnet to run various commands for my data validation like GREP, SED, AWK etc. My requirement is how do i use the previous command that was executed. I tried the option 'ESC' and then 'k'. It displays the characters like '^[[A' etc. How do I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Previous Command

We have a Solaris Server and I am acessing it through telnet to run various commands for my data validation like GREP, SED, AWK etc. My requirement is how do i use the previous command that was executed. I tried the option 'ESC' and then 'k'. It displays the characters like '^[[A' etc. How do I... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Previous Command

We have a Solaris Server and I am acessing it through telnet to run various commands for my data validation like GREP, SED, AWK etc. My requirement is how do i use the previous command that was executed. I tried the option 'ESC' and then 'k'. It displays the characters like '^[[A' etc. How do I... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get the previous 5 minutes

Hi I need to get the previous 5 minutes from the currnet time as given below. Please help. Current time : date +%d-%m-%Y_%H-%M output : 16-05-2012_15-05 I need the previous 5 minutes of the above output , Required output: 16-05-2012_15-04 16-05-2012_15-03... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanchana
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove previous line if next & previous lines have same 4th character.

I want to remove commands having no output. In below text file. bash-3.2$ cat abc_do_it.txt grpg10so>show trunk group all status grpg11so>show trunk group all status grpg12so>show trunk group all status GCPKNYAIGT73IMO 1440 1345 0 0 94 0 0 INSERVICE 93% 0%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with getting last date of previous month and first date of previous 4th month from current date

I have requirment to get last date of previous month and the first date of previous 4th month: Example: Current date: 20130320 (yyyymmdd) Last date of previous month: 20130228 (yyyymmdd) First date of previous 4th month: 20121101 (yyyymmdd) In my shell --date, -d, -v switches are not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies
ptree_post_event(3PICLTREE)				  PICL Plug-In Library Functions			       ptree_post_event(3PICLTREE)

NAME
ptree_post_event - post a PICL event SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lpicltree [ library... ] #include <picltree.h> int ptree_post_event(const char *ename, const void *earg, size_t size, void (*completion_handler)(char *ename, void *earg, size_t size)); DESCRIPTION
The ptree_post_event() function posts the specified event and its arguments to the PICL framework. The argument ename specifies a pointer to a string containing the name of the PICL event. The arguments earg and size specify a pointer to a buffer containing the event arguments and size of that buffer, respectively. The argument completion_handler specifies the completion handler to be called after the event has been dispatched to all handlers. A NULL value for a completion handler indicates that no handler should be called. The PICL framework invokes the completion handler of an event with the ename, earg, and size arguments specified at the time of the posting of the event. PICL events are dispatched in the order in which they were posted. They are dispatched by executing the handlers registered for that event. The handlers are invoked in the order in which they were registered. New events will not begin execution until all previous events have finished execution. Specifically, an event posted from an event handler will not begin execution until the current event has finished execution. The caller may not reuse or reclaim the resources associated with the event name and arguments until the invocation of the completion han- dler. The completion handlers are normally used to reclaim any resources allocated for the posting of an event. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, 0 is returned. On failure, a non-negative integer is returned to indicate an error, the event is not posted, and the completion handler is not invoked. ERRORS
PICL_INVALIDARG Invalid argument PICL_FAILURE General system failure ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ptree_register_handler(3PICLTREE), ptree_unregister_handler(3PICLTREE), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 1 Aug 2000 ptree_post_event(3PICLTREE)