Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users NIS server setup on redhat 4 AS4 Post 302206030 by sumitpandya on Tuesday 17th of June 2008 12:21:58 AM
Old 06-17-2008
I followed
The Linux NIS(YP)/NYS/NIS+ HOWTO
by Thorsten Kukuk
v1.3, 1 July 2003
Everything works flawlessly!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris NIS+ and RedHat NIS+

Hello all, I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I would like to know if Redhat running NIS ( not NIS +) would have conflict with Solaris running NIS+. Currently I am running NIS+ on Solaris but will be adding RedHat to the network. I seem to be unable to find and information regarding... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nis plus on linux redhat

Hello all, I wanted to know if any one had successfully install nis+ utils and use nis+ client on a linux (redhat) and have a Solaris nis+ server. I am able to install the client software on the linux and am able to see the nis+ tables. The passwd tables' works file but the auto_master and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
10 Replies

3. Linux

configure NIS in RedHat 9.0

Hi All i want to configure NIS on RedHat 9.0. pls help me i need the configure file pls mail this configure files with regards sudeendra (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeendra
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SUSE 9 and 10 NIS clients with RedHat 8.0 NIS server not working

We have a RedHat 8.0 NIS master, with a RedHat 8.0 NIS Slave. We also have a small number of SUSE 9.1 and SUSE 10 machines here for evaluation. However, no matter what i do, the SUSE machines will not talk to the NIS Servers. If i broadcast for NIS Servers for the specified NIS domain, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a DNS server for my redhat server

Using Redhat Linux Enterprise AS 4 can someone teach me how to setup a dns server for my webserver? i've registered a domainname at mydomain.com but when i type in the domain i register i cannot enter to my webserver. someone told me that it is related with the DNS setting on my server. i've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaixiang88
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to setup Chinese envirenment on RedHat Server 5

I installed RedHat Server 5 today. I had one problem that was the web page contained Chinese characters could not be shown correctly. What I saw was white squares. How to setup Chinese envirenment on RedHat Server 5? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: huyuhui
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to configure a NIS client bound to the NIS server in another subnet?

Hi, all. I have a Solaris client here needs to bind to NIS server in another subnet. Following is the configuration i made on the client, 1) edit /etc/inet/hosts to add an entry of the NIS server -- nserver01 2) execute `domainname` to set local NIS domain to the domain of the NIS server.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sn_wukong
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

RedHat AS4 on PowerPC

I'm trying to install RedHat AS4 on a pSeries 615 6C3. The install ran fine with no warnings, but when it tries to boot, I get !20EE000B! on the screen and 9411 on the LCD. The box is on the latest firmware. Any ideas? A google search turned up random AIX APAR info which doesn't help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setup a push script from NIS

Hi guys, can we get a pushed script for every NIS client like a policy.? I need to set a symbolic links for for every client. Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pianz
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Inquiry: NIS configuration setup

Hello, Good day. I would like to ask for your inputs on this scenario. Currently, we have a NIS virtual machine with a Solaris 10 (32-bit) OS. And also we have another virtual machine with the same OS. And I am asked to set-up a secondary NIS on this another VM, bring down the primary NIS and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SystemAddict
0 Replies
REVNETGROUP(8)						       NIS Reference Manual						    REVNETGROUP(8)

NAME
revnetgroup - generate reverse netgroup data SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/yp/revnetgroup [-u | -h] DESCRIPTION
Revnetgroup processes the standard input in netgroup(5) format into what is called reverse netgroup form. That is, where the original file shows netgroup memberships in terms of which members reside in a particular group, the reverse netgroup format specifies what groups are associated with a particular member. This information is used to generate the netgroup.byuser and netgroup.byhosts NIS maps. These reverse netgroup maps are used to help speed up netgroup lookups, particularly for the innetgr() library function. The revnetgroup command prints its results on the standard output. It is usually called only by /var/yp/Makefile when rebuilding the NIS netgroup maps. OPTIONS
-u Generate netgroup.byuser output; only username information in the original netgroup file is processed. -h Generate netgroup.byhost output; only hostname information in the original netgroup file is processed. FILES
/var/yp/Makefile The Makefile to build the NIS databases. /etc/netgroup The default netgroup database file. This file is most often found only on the NIS master server. SEE ALSO
getnetgrent(3), netgroup(5), AUTHOR
revnetgroup was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@linux-nis.org>. NIS Reference Manual 09/26/2007 REVNETGROUP(8)