Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: xfce like cde
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers xfce like cde Post 302205983 by fabtagon on Monday 16th of June 2008 04:56:01 PM
Old 06-16-2008
You won't get the CDE feel (would need code changes in XFce).

XFce came with a "Stelar" theme modeled after SUN CDE for a long time - has this really vanished?

If you prefer HP-UX' CDE style there's an appropriate theme on freshmeat: freshmeat.net: Project details for CDE/Motif theme for GTK 2

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Xfce?

I'm running Debian and doesn't really like gnome nor KDE and read about this XFce that ought to be a more simple X which is exactly what I'm looking for. So I re-installed the bare minimums of Debian and here I am, with nothing but Links/Lynx vim and apt-get (lovely isn't it?) trying to configure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riwa
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Webcam on xfce?

Hey guys. I'm about as new to Linux as you can get, so bear with me please. I installed Xubuntu on my old laptop to tinker with.. figured it would be a good use of an old machine. One thing I'd like to set up is some security with a webcam. Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 to be exact. I went about... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chesh
22 Replies

3. BSD

Xfce not autostarting after logging in

Xfce used to start up automatically on a FreeBSD 7.1 machine, but as of late this is not happening anymore. This means that the user has to enter "startxfce4" right after entering username and password. The .xsession file has the following contents: # cat /usr/home/user01/.xsession ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
8 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to migrate Solaris 10 CDE config to HP-UX CDE.

Hello, Do you guys by any chance know what is the best (if any ) way to move CDE configuration from a SOLARIS 10 machine to HP-UX? Just the config (actions, text files etc). Thanks in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0x01
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xfce terminal: colors

I have Xfce terminal emulator installed on most machines. The Xubuntu version has color coding that distinguishes directories (purple) from files (white or green) for instance. The terminals on non-Linux machines do not have this color coding. Where can this color option be set? Is there a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Connect to SunOS CDE from another CDE

I have two CDE desktop accounts on different server (called this CDE#1, CDE#2) on the same network. However, my current setup is connecting to the Solaris CDE#1,CDE#2 via Citrix. My plan is to connect to CD#1 and then somehow connect to CDE#2. How do I do this? I am just a regular user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthach830
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Where's the XFCE folder?

If a few of you look on FedoraForums, you'll find that a little while ago, I went on a desktop installing spree. I just have a small question about XFCE desktop. In my user directory, I see .kde, .mate, and .trinity. (all three are directories), but I have XFCE 4.8 installed along with the others.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ihatewindows
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xfce installer script

Xfce desktop installer script on Ubuntu for home, office or server computers. This script installs Xfce desktop and a set of programs according to user needs starting from an Ubuntu Server base system. It's valid for netbooks, notebooks, desktop computers and servers. For more information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesar-rgon
1 Replies

9. Debian

LM 17.3 xfce constant lagging

I'm using LM 17.3x LIVE. Have constant and sometimes, severe lagging issues. Problems started when I "upgraded" to 18.3x. I tried 5 other distros all with the same issues. Went back to 17.3 and , alas, the problem followed. Found this: sudo gedit /etc/sysctl. conf vm. swappiness = 15, but all it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 69Rixter
4 Replies
ttk::style(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::style(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::style - Manipulate style database SYNOPSIS
ttk::style option ?args? _________________________________________________________________ NOTES
See also the Tcl'2004 conference presentation, available at http://tktable.sourceforge.net/tile/tile-tcl2004.pdf DEFINITIONS
Each widget is assigned a style, which specifies the set of elements making up the widget and how they are arranged, along with dynamic and default settings for element options. By default, the style name is the same as the widget's class; this may be overridden by the -style option. A theme is a collection of elements and styles which controls the overall look and feel of an application. DESCRIPTION
The ttk::style command takes the following arguments: ttk::style configure style ?-option ?value option value...? ? Sets the default value of the specified option(s) in style. ttk::style map style ?-option { statespec value... }? Sets dynamic values of the specified option(s) in style. Each statespec / value pair is examined in order; the value corresponding to the first matching statespec is used. ttk::style lookup style -option ?state ?default?? Returns the value specified for -option in style style in state state, using the standard lookup rules for element options. state is a list of state names; if omitted, it defaults to all bits off (the "normal" state). If the default argument is present, it is used as a fallback value in case no specification for -option is found. ttk::style layout style ?layoutSpec? Define the widget layout for style style. See LAYOUTS below for the format of layoutSpec. If layoutSpec is omitted, return the layout specification for style style. ttk::style element create elementName type ?args...? Creates a new element in the current theme of type type. The only built-in element type is image (see ttk_image(n)), although themes may define other element types (see Ttk_RegisterElementFactory). ttk::style element names Returns the list of elements defined in the current theme. ttk::style element options element Returns the list of element's options. ttk::style theme create themeName ?-parent basedon? ?-settings script... ? Creates a new theme. It is an error if themeName already exists. If -parent is specified, the new theme will inherit styles, ele- ments, and layouts from the parent theme basedon. If -settings is present, script is evaluated in the context of the new theme as per ttk::style theme settings. ttk::style theme settings themeName script Temporarily sets the current theme to themeName, evaluate script, then restore the previous theme. Typically script simply defines styles and elements, though arbitrary Tcl code may appear. ttk::style theme names Returns a list of all known themes. ttk::style theme use themeName Sets the current theme to themeName, and refreshes all widgets. LAYOUTS
A layout specifies a list of elements, each followed by one or more options specifying how to arrange the element. The layout mechanism uses a simplified version of the pack geometry manager: given an initial cavity, each element is allocated a parcel. Valid options are: -side side Specifies which side of the cavity to place the element; one of left, right, top, or bottom. If omitted, the element occupies the entire cavity. -sticky [nswe] Specifies where the element is placed inside its allocated parcel. -children { sublayout... } Specifies a list of elements to place inside the element. For example: ttk::style layout Horizontal.TScrollbar { Scrollbar.trough -children { Scrollbar.leftarrow -side left Scrollbar.rightarrow -side right Horizontal.Scrollbar.thumb -side left -sticky ew } } SEE ALSO
ttk::intro(n), ttk::widget(n), photo(n), ttk_image(n) KEYWORDS
style, theme, appearance Tk 8.5 ttk::style(n)