Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to redirect the output of a grep command to a file inside a shell script Post 302205956 by Dave Miller on Monday 16th of June 2008 03:15:12 PM
Old 06-16-2008

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect grep output into file !!!!!

Hi, I am writing the following code in command prompt it is working fine. grep ',222,' SAPPCO_20080306.CSV_old > SAPPCO_20080306.CSV_new But the command is not working in the Shell Script... ########################################## #!/bin/sh #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get the output of a grep command to a file inside a shell script

hi, i wat to get the output of a grep command in a file. but when i am trying out the same grep command in the unix prompt its working fine.. i am getting the output properly.. but when i am writing the same command inside my shell script , its just creating a new output file with no contents... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How redirect script output from inside of script?

Is it possible to redirect a script output by command inside of that script? I mean, if I have a script 'dosome.sh' I could run it by >dosome.sh > dosome.log I would dream to get some command inside of scrip to do the same; so, running the dosome.sh would have all output redirected to a log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

4. Programming

Redirect input and output to a shell script?

Dear All: I am trying to do something that (I thought) was relatively straightforward, but my code snippet does not seem to work. Any suggestions? Thank you Sincerely yours Misha Koshelev #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <errno.h> #include... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: misha680
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to redirect grep command output to same file

Hi Everyone, Can anyone please tell me, how can I redirect the grep command output to same file. I am trying with below command but my original file contains no data after executing the command. $grep pattern file1 > file1 Kind Regards, Eswar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: picheswa
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect the output in shell script for tftp

I've been using tftp in one of my file #!/bin/bash filename1="config1h.txt" filename2="config15.txt" hostname="test.com" tftp $hostname <</dev/null get $filename1 get $filename2 quit EOF My output looks like this # ./test3.sh tftp> Received 1262 bytes in 0.0 seconds tftp> Received... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to grep output from top command.

Hello, I want a script which would grep details from top command for specific processes. I m not sure of the PID of these processes but i know the names. $ top -c top - 16:41:55 up 160 days, 5:53, 2 users, load average: 9.36, 9.18, 8.98 Tasks: 288 total, 9 running, 279 sleeping, 0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
8 Replies

8. Programming

How to redirect the output of a shell script to a file?

hi, i have a html form which call a perl program, this perl program calls a shell script. <html> <head> <title>demo</title> </head> <body> <form name="frm1" action="/cgi-bin/perl_script.pl" method="post"> <input type="text" name="fname"> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output of a command inside ftp block?

hi, i am using ftp to get files from remote server. inside the ftp i want to us ls -ltr command and send the output of it to a file. ftp -n remote_server <<_FTP quote USER username quote PASS password prompt noprompt pwd ls -ltr get s1.txt bye _FTP i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to file after grep

i have simple program that generate log file 1 line every sec, i need to do grep for specific record then redirect to another file. #!/bin/bash for i in `seq 1 20`; do echo $i sleep 1 done ./test.sh |egrep "5|10|15" 5 10 15 r ./test.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies
SETUID(1)                                                     General Commands Manual                                                    SETUID(1)

NAME
setuid - run a command with a different uid. SYNOPSIS
setuid username|uid command [ args ] DESCRIPTION
Setuid changes user id, then executes the specified command. Unlike some versions of su(1), this program doesn't ever ask for a password when executed with effective uid=root. This program doesn't change the environment; it only changes the uid and then uses execvp() to find the command in the path, and execute it. (If the command is a script, execvp() passes the command name to /bin/sh for processing.) For example, setuid some_user $SHELL can be used to start a shell running as another user. Setuid is useful inside scripts that are being run by a setuid-root user -- such as a script invoked with super, so that the script can execute some commands using the uid of the original user, instead of root. This allows unsafe commands (such as editors and pagers) to be used in a non-root mode inside a super script. For example, an operator with permission to modify a certain protected_file could use a super command that simply does: cp protected_file temp_file setuid $ORIG_USER ${EDITOR:-/bin/vi} temp_file cp temp_file protected_file (Note: don't use this example directly. If the temp_file can somehow be replaced by another user, as might be the case if it's kept in a temporary directory, there will be a race condition in the time between editing the temporary file and copying it back to the protected file.) AUTHOR
Will Deich local SETUID(1)