Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to redirect the output of a grep command to a file inside a shell script Post 302205956 by Dave Miller on Monday 16th of June 2008 03:15:12 PM
Old 06-16-2008

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect grep output into file !!!!!

Hi, I am writing the following code in command prompt it is working fine. grep ',222,' SAPPCO_20080306.CSV_old > SAPPCO_20080306.CSV_new But the command is not working in the Shell Script... ########################################## #!/bin/sh #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get the output of a grep command to a file inside a shell script

hi, i wat to get the output of a grep command in a file. but when i am trying out the same grep command in the unix prompt its working fine.. i am getting the output properly.. but when i am writing the same command inside my shell script , its just creating a new output file with no contents... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kripssmart
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How redirect script output from inside of script?

Is it possible to redirect a script output by command inside of that script? I mean, if I have a script 'dosome.sh' I could run it by >dosome.sh > dosome.log I would dream to get some command inside of scrip to do the same; so, running the dosome.sh would have all output redirected to a log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

4. Programming

Redirect input and output to a shell script?

Dear All: I am trying to do something that (I thought) was relatively straightforward, but my code snippet does not seem to work. Any suggestions? Thank you Sincerely yours Misha Koshelev #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <errno.h> #include... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: misha680
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to redirect grep command output to same file

Hi Everyone, Can anyone please tell me, how can I redirect the grep command output to same file. I am trying with below command but my original file contains no data after executing the command. $grep pattern file1 > file1 Kind Regards, Eswar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: picheswa
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect the output in shell script for tftp

I've been using tftp in one of my file #!/bin/bash filename1="config1h.txt" filename2="config15.txt" hostname="test.com" tftp $hostname <</dev/null get $filename1 get $filename2 quit EOF My output looks like this # ./test3.sh tftp> Received 1262 bytes in 0.0 seconds tftp> Received... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to grep output from top command.

Hello, I want a script which would grep details from top command for specific processes. I m not sure of the PID of these processes but i know the names. $ top -c top - 16:41:55 up 160 days, 5:53, 2 users, load average: 9.36, 9.18, 8.98 Tasks: 288 total, 9 running, 279 sleeping, 0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
8 Replies

8. Programming

How to redirect the output of a shell script to a file?

hi, i have a html form which call a perl program, this perl program calls a shell script. <html> <head> <title>demo</title> </head> <body> <form name="frm1" action="/cgi-bin/perl_script.pl" method="post"> <input type="text" name="fname"> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output of a command inside ftp block?

hi, i am using ftp to get files from remote server. inside the ftp i want to us ls -ltr command and send the output of it to a file. ftp -n remote_server <<_FTP quote USER username quote PASS password prompt noprompt pwd ls -ltr get s1.txt bye _FTP i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to file after grep

i have simple program that generate log file 1 line every sec, i need to do grep for specific record then redirect to another file. #!/bin/bash for i in `seq 1 20`; do echo $i sleep 1 done ./test.sh |egrep "5|10|15" 5 10 15 r ./test.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies
FIREFOX(1)                                                      Linux User's Manual                                                     FIREFOX(1)

NAME
firefox - a Web browser for X11 derived from the Mozilla browser SYNOPSIS
firefox [OPTIONS] [URL] DESCRIPTION
Mozilla Firefox is an open-source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance and portability. USAGE
firefox is a simple shell script that will set up the environment for the actual executable. OPTIONS
A summary of the options supported by firefox is included below. GTK options --gdk-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to set --gdk-no-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to unset --gtk-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to set --gtk-no-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to unset --gtk-module=MODULE Load an additional Gtk module X11 options --display=DISPLAY X display to use --sync Make X calls synchronous --no-xshm Don't use X shared memory extension --xim-preedit=STYLE --xim-status=STYLE --g-fatal-warnings Make all warnings fatal Firefox options -h, -help Show summary of options. -height value Set height of startup window to value. -width value Set width of startup window to value. -v, -version Print /usr/bin/firefox-bin version. -CreateProfile profile Create profile. -P profile Start with profile. -ProfileManager Start with profile manager. -UILocale lang-region Start with lang-region resources. -contentLocale lang-region Start with lang-region resources. -remote command Execute command in an already running Firefox process. For more info, see: http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html -no-remote Don't try to control an already running instance. -jsconsole Start with Javascript Console -chrome url Load the specified chrome. -new-window url Open URL in a new window if Firefox is already running. -new-tab url Open URL in a new tab if Firefox is already running. -preferences Open Firefox preferences menu. -safe-mode Disables extensions and themes for this session. FILES /usr/bin/firefox - shell script wrapping firefox /usr/lib/firefox/firefox - firefox executable VERSION
3.0 BUGS
To report a bug, please visit http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ SEE ALSO
mozilla(1) AUTHORS
The Mozilla Organization http://www.mozilla.org/about.html firefox January 04, 2006 FIREFOX(1)