Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Script Not waiting....plz help Post 302205911 by joeyg on Monday 16th of June 2008 01:13:13 PM
Old 06-16-2008
Question Can this be looked at differently?

A couple of thoughts based on what you provided:
(a) Can you issue those two commands manually? Does the connect "time-out" anyway during the dump?
(b) How big is the dump? Is it possible that the dump is error'ing, perhaps by filling available space or exceeding some quota? This could give the impression that the connect is timing-out; but in fact the dump would be causing the problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not waiting for user responce

hi all, Im fairly new to scripting and am having a noobish issue. Ive got a script that checks for certain directories and if they dont exist, prompts the user to do a mkdir. heres trouble spot in the script: cat dirlsttemp.dat | while read dir; do echo "$dir does not exist, would you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdudejr
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script help plz

Hi, im trying to make a script which will look up every .c file in the current directory for the strings printf or fprintf. if found, the script adds the statement #include <stdio.h> at the beginning of the file but only if it doesnt alrdy have it included. How do i do that ?i know firstly, i need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lohan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect script hangs while waiting for the flag...

I am writing a script to check whether the root password is set to a special string on some solaris servers. Normally, the manually ssh login session is as below: $ ssh root@host1 Password: Last login: Wed Sep 16 13:53:28 2009 from 10.1.102.13 Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.10 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL PLUS Command 'ACCEPT' is not waiting for user input with sh shell script

Dear All, The sqlplus 'Accept' command is not waiting for user input when I include the command within a shell script. Note: The 'Accept' command is working fine if I execute it in a SQLPLUS Prompt. Please fins the below sample script which i tried. SCRIPT: -------- #!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script plz help

hi please help i need script to merger columns input file a,bb,1234345234 a,bb,sdfsdfsdf a,bb,xxxxxxxx b,cc,12335353 b,cc,fdgfdghht b,cc,yyyyyyy c,22,sdfgsdfg . . . . output file a,bb,1234345234a,bb,sdfsdfsdfa,bb,xxxxxxxx (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragu.selvaraj
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do this Script PLZ?

HI all , i want to make an automatic script using if / while to search for files in folder and get the least by date and gzip them ( last 70 file ) /file/home/logs 30 files in 11/2012 45 files in 10/2012 30 files in 9/2012 10 files in 8/2012 so it get 10 + 30 + 30 ( from 10 )... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: teefa
5 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

AutoSys Job not waiting for script to complete

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this issue...but here goes... I am converting a set of windows jobs from Control-M to AutoSys r11.3. The same command line is being executed in both systems. The Control-M job runs to compltion in about 1.5 hours, waiting for the entire batch... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajomarquez
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Waiting for a process to complete in shell script

Hi, I need to initiate a process script which will start and do some processing and then shuts down. Then i need to other verifications. But the the process takes around 25 to 3o minutes. One thing i can monitor the nohup.out file for this process where i can wait for shutting down statement to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashanth19
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to break out of hung or waiting telnet session in shell script?

I have to put together telnet instructions for 100s of hosts for verifying basic connectivity and get output in a neat format. Problem- If a telnet is hung with message "Trying .... <hostname" due to firewall or routing issue the commands waits for a very long time before it times out and my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: desiphantom
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Locale::Codes::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::Script(3)