Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers removing semicolon using sed in aix--urgent Post 302205773 by jamcalicut on Monday 16th of June 2008 08:40:46 AM
Old 06-16-2008
Try using cut command

Try cut command as follows

cut -f 2 -d ';'

eg:
$echo "aaabbb; xxx xxix"|cut -f 2 -d ';'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

(URGENT) Mounting JFS2 FileSystem on AIX 4.3

Hi Every body, I created Volume Group & FileSystem of type JFS2 with size 1.3 TB on AIX 5.2. I want to import this VG on another system AIX 4.3. It is imported successfully & I can varyon the VG but unfourtantly I couldn't mount the FileSystem. Is it possible to mount a JFS2 FileSystem on AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

2. AIX

URGENT: zip utility on AIX 5.x

Do you know where can I find the 'zip' binary utility for AIX 5.x ? I have the zip-2.3.0.0.bff file, but I don't have root access and I want to test the 'zip' utility. Thank you !!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: V3l0
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing commas within semicolon in a flat file

Hi , Im relatively new to unix and have to process a comma serparated flat file . I recieve some of the fields in double quotes and i want to remove it .. INPUT ==== filed1,field2,field3,"fie,ld4" OUTPUT ===== field1,field2,field3,"field4" can anyone tell me how to achieve... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing commas within semicolon in a flat file

i am recieving a flat file ( comma seperated ) with comma in between double quotes in any of the source fields . i need to remove the comma in double quotes and process the file thereafter fields in file ========= col1,col2,col3,col4 input can be any of the followng... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
31 Replies

5. AIX

Urgent!! Debugging tool for cobol in AIX

hi folks, I am a new to Aix, i worked as sys admin so no idea about software probs, my software team requires Debugging tool for cobol in AIX machine. can someone tell me the tool and also the installation procedure for the same Please drag me out from this soon :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atulgkwd
1 Replies

6. AIX

Need Help Urgent AIX Hang

hello all, I'm newbie on AIX. Can any one tell why this happen ? I have expectation this error came because paging memory. This is my error : ( I cann;t read this log and need your help) --------------------------------------------------------------------------- LABEL: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fandikurnia
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a semicolon and numbers after a semicolon

I have this: ((9:0.010,(11:0.089,13:0.004)) and I would like this: ((A9,(A11,A13)) How do I delete the semi colon and the number (i.e. 0.010) after the semi colon? Also, how can I add the letter before the number that is NOT removed? Thank you in advance! ---------- Post updated... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MDeBiasse
4 Replies

8. AIX

Python on AIX-Need urgent Help

Hi Experts, I am new to python and AIX. I am trying to install Python 2.7 or python 3.2 on AIX 7.1 but getting the bellow error. could you please let me know how to resolve this. Note: Same has been installed on Linux Redhat successfully. $ ./configure --enable-shared ##... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tamil_Arasan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace semicolon within double quotes in a file with semicolon delimiter

Hello Team, Could you please help me with the below question? I have a file with the following properties 1) File Delimiter is ; 2) Text columns are within double quotes 3) Numeric columns will not have double quotes 4) File has total 6 columns Please see a sample record from file ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
3 Replies
TXT2REGEX(1)						      General Commands Manual						      TXT2REGEX(1)

NAME
txt2regex - a Regular Expression Wizard, written with bash2 builtins SYNOPSIS
txt2regex txt2regex --nocolor|--whitebg txt2regex --all|--prog <p1,p2,...,pN> txt2regex --showmeta|--showinfo <program> txt2regex --make <target> txt2regex --history <value> DESCRIPTION
txt2regex is a Regular Expression "wizard", all written with bash2 builtins, that converts human sentences to regexes. With a simple interactive interface, you just answer to questions and build your own regex for a large variety of programs, like awk, emacs, grep, perl, php, procmail, python, sed and vim. There are more than 20 supported programs. It's bash so download and run, no compilation needed. Please visit the program homepage at http://txt2regex.sf.net. OPTIONS
--all works with all registered programs --help prints the help message and quit --history <value> prints to STDOUT a regex from a history data --make <target> prints a ready regex for a common pattern --nocolor self-explanatory --prog <p1,p2,...> choose which programs to use (separated by commas) --showinfo <program> prints regex info about the program --showmeta prints a complete metachar table for all programs --version prints the program version and quit --whitebg colors adjusted to white background terminals By default, all options are turned OFF. Just call it with no options to launch the default interactive interface. DETAILS
--all is cool but requires lots of lines (~35) --nocolor is strong, so it kills --whitebg --showmeta rules, try it --showinfo uses reverse video output, --nocolor turns it off --history is getting useful, stay tunned --make is a remedy for headaches --prog is nice to use your favorite programs, mix it with --make and --history EXAMPLES
Calling the program on the default interactive interface $ txt2regex Calling the program on a white terminal $ xterm -fg black -bg white ; txt2regex --whitebg Getting information $ txt2regex --showmeta Getting specific information $ txt2regex --showinfo sed Calling it for specific programs $ txt2regex --prog vim,sed,grep,python Applying a history data $ txt2regex --history '16421x:01x:' Getting ready regexes! $ txt2regex --make hour $ txt2regex --make number3 --prog perl $ txt2regex --make date2 --all INTERFACE
The program interface is simple and easy to use. This is its contents: +---------------------------------------+ | -> Top menu | | -> Group menu | | | | -> Regexes of the programs selected | | ... | | ... | | | | -> History | | -> Your prompt | | | | -> The question | | -> The answers | | ... | | ... | +---------------------------------------+ All the basic commands can be used on the numeric pad on the keyboard, but remember to turn ON the NumLock key. Command Description . Quit the program (with confirmation) 0 Reset the Regular Expression 1-9 Answers the questions * Toggles color ON/OFF / Add/remove programs on/from the list | Insert an alternation (where allowed) ( Open a new group (where allowed) ) Close the opened group (if any) BUGS
Bug reports and contributions are VERY welcome! Please send them to the author. AUTHOR
Written and maintained by Aurelio Marinho Jargas <verde@aurelio.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Aurelio Marinho Jargas This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. September, 28th - 2004 TXT2REGEX(1)