Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers converting a tabular format data to comma seperated data in KSH Post 302205667 by devineda on Monday 16th of June 2008 04:23:32 AM
Old 06-16-2008
Hi,
try the following simple solution:

cat filename | sed 's/ /,/g'

the example above looks for 2 spaces and subtitutes it with a comma

Hope this helps,

Don

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert the result of the select query to comma seperated data - urgent pls

how to convert the result of the select query to comma seperated data and put in a .csv file using korn shell. Pls help me as its very urgent. Thanks, Hema. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hemamalini
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated file.

Hi, I want to remove empty/blank lines from comma seperated and space seperated files Thanks all for help (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Converting data from one format to the other

Hi All, I need to convert an exel spreadsheet into a SAS dataset, and the following format change is needed. Please help, this is too complex for a biologist. Let me describe the input. 1st row is generation.1st column in keyword 'generation', starting 2nd column there are 5... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie83
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate tabular data based on a column value from an existing data file

Hi, I have a data file with : 01/28/2012,1,1,98995 01/28/2012,1,2,7195 01/29/2012,1,1,98995 01/29/2012,1,2,7195 01/30/2012,1,1,98896 01/30/2012,1,2,7083 01/31/2012,1,1,98896 01/31/2012,1,2,7083 02/01/2012,1,1,98896 02/01/2012,1,2,7083 02/02/2012,1,1,98899 02/02/2012,1,2,7083 I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: himanish
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data in tabular format from multiple files

Hi, I have directory with multiple files from which i need to extract portion of specif lines and insert it in a new file, the new file will contain a separate columns for each file data. Example: I need to extract Value_1 & Value_3 from all files and insert in output file as below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: belalr
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert data to a tabular format

How can i convert the below data to a simpler format :- cat tabular.txt User 1 Details :- First Name = Tom Middle Name = Last Name = Hanks Age = 40 Address = User 2 details :- First Name = Mike Middle Name = Last Name = Tyson Age = 50 Address = (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazydev
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting text files to xls through awk script for specific data format

Dear Friends, I am in urgent need for awk/sed/sh script for converting a specific data format (.txt) to .xls. The input is as follows: >gi|1234|ref| Query = 1 - 65, Target = 1677 - 1733 Score = 8.38, E = 0.6529, P = 0.0001513, GC = 46 fd sdfsdfsdfsdf fsdfdsfdfdfdfdfdf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit1
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

9. Programming

Visual Basic converting a decimal data type to a label with currency format

Here is the code that I am working with. I have tried several other things. any suggestions? Lbl_Cost_Output.Text = (dDistance * dCostPerMile).ToString("C") The label is formatted correctly in terms of value 0.00 but no dollar sign appears. Please let me know if you have any questions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert listner.log to csv format with comma seperated

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting i am trying to convert the listner.log to csv which can be inturn converted to excel for easy reading. i used this command awk '/SID=/ && /HOST=/ && /PORT=/ && /USER=/ { i=match($0,"SID="); i=i+RLENGTH; h0=substr($0,i); i=match(h0,")");... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skoshekay
6 Replies
IMAGE_TO_J2K(1) 						  OPENJPEG TOOLS						   IMAGE_TO_J2K(1)

NAME
image_to_j2k - convert a PNM, PGM, PPM, PGX or BMP into a J2K or JP2 file SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
image_to_j2k converts an image into a JPEG 2000-encoded image OPTIONS
-ImgDir sourcedir Directory of PGM, PPM, PNM, PGX or BMP files to convert -OutFor extension J2K or JP2 output file format -i source PNM, PGM or PPM file to convert -o destination J2K or JP2 file to output to -h Display help information -cinema2k fps Digital Cinema 2K profile compliant codestream for 2K resolution. 24 or 48 fps. -cinema4k [fps] Digital Cinema 4K profile compliant codestream for 4K resolution. fps default is 24 -r ratios compression factor for successive layers, comma seperated -q psnr psnr for successive layers, comma seperated -n rescount number of resolutions -b blocksize width and height of code block, comma-seperated -c precintsize width and height of precinct, comma-seperated -t tilesize width and height of tile, comma-seperated -p progression progression order, one of LRCP, RLCP, RPCL, PCRL, CPRL -s subsampling subsampling factor in X and Y, comma-seperated. Values larger than 2 can produce errors -POC orders progression order change -SOP write SOP marker before each packet -EPH write EPH marker after each header packet -M modeflags Sum of the values of the modes, as follows: 1. BYPASS (LAZY) 2. RESET 4. RESTART (TERMALL) 8. VSC 16. ERTERM (SEGTERM) 32. SEGMARK (SEGSYM) -x indexfile create an index file -ROI:quantize quantization indices upshifted for component c between 0 and 2 inclusive with an upshift of U between 0 and 37 inclusive -d imageoffset X and Y offset of the origin of the image, comma-seperated -T tileoffset X and Y offset of the origin of the tiles, comma-seperated -I use the irreversible DWT 9-7 EXAMPLE
ratios: 20,10,1 Quality 1: compress 20x; Quality 2: compress 10x; Quality 3: lossless compression psnr: 30,40,50 quantize: c=0,U=25 orders: T1=0,0,1,5,3,CPRL Title 1: Resolution 0 start, component 0 start, layer 1 end, resolution 5 end, component 3 end, CPRL progression AUTHOR
Written by Paul Hampson <Paul.Hampson@Pobox.com> based on the output of image_to_j2k -h as part of the Debian packaging of OpenJPEG COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007 Paul Hampson SEE ALSO
j2k_to_image(1), <http://www.openjpeg.org/index.php?menu=doc#encoder> 1.3+dfsg 2014-04-22 IMAGE_TO_J2K(1)