Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX SFTP Protocol: How to transfer the file in PC Format Post 302205654 by brap45 on Monday 16th of June 2008 03:32:43 AM
Old 06-16-2008
SFTP Protocol: How to transfer the file in PC Format

Hi,

We are facing issue with files transfered using SFTP in Hp-UX.

The transfered files are in Unix Format. That is, file format as UNIX (LF) instead of a PC format (CR & LF).

How can we achieve file transfers as PC format using SFTP?

Your help and input will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Ramesh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

File transfer using Zmodem protocol

can anybody guide me how do i initiate file transfer over modem using zmodem protocol... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: borntorock
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error transferring large file using sftp protocol

Hello All, I am not able to transfer large file completely (more than 60 MB) through automated SFTP script. It transfers only the partial file (approximately 55 MB) and it stops. I use "expect" command to transfer file in a automatic mode through script. The file transfer rate i get is around... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant.patel
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Secure File Transfer Protocol

Hi, Is there any protocol other than SFTP to transfer the file using secured connection SSH. ? Regards, Arthik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arthikbabu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp file transfer

hi i am trying to login to remote server using SFTP Protocol and trying to upload a file butit is asking for the password. Note: I am trying to connect to FrontEnd server sftp SFTREGUP1@14.71.26.6 Connecting to 14.71.26.6... Password Authentication Password: Please help (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i transfer file using ftp protocol in Linux.

Hi , I want to transfer file using ftp protocol . I m using following linux distribution. LSB Version: :core-3.1-ia32:core-3.1-noarch:graphics-3.1-ia32:graphics-3.1-noarch Distributor ID: OracleVMserver Description: Oracle VM server release 2.2.0 Release: 2.2.0 Codename: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Transfer files from windows to solaris with winscp (file protocol:SFTP)

Hello, I have a couple of zip files to be copied from my local drive to a folder in solaris10 residing in a VM ware. i am using WINSCP, I tried to get hold of the solaris hostname or ip using ifconfig -a , hostname|nslookup etc. when i create a new session in WINSCP using that IP and port... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
6 Replies

7. Programming

Serial file transfer protocol / checksums

Hello ppl, I'm working on a windows program simulating an existing Unix program, the program is a firmware downloader, it sends a binary firmware file through the serial port (rs232) to a Set-Top Box running under unix system too, as i'm a poor unix user and not a unix programmer i choosed the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nidal
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passwordless file transfer using sftp

Hello all, I have a requirement, in which we need to stage a package to Unix remote server in an automation (we cant use ssh key generation) , do u have any idea how we can transfer the package to remote server using sftp .if you have any script plz share it to me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramji Sundaram
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer using SFTP

Hi, I want to a transfer file from remote machine to a local machine using SFTP where both my local and remote machines are Ubuntu machines.So i wanted to write a unix bash script which uses SFTP command to transfer the file from remote to local machine. My remote server is 178.28.30.106. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP File transfer issue

Hi guys, Need a quick and urgent help on below issue. One of our application is try to transfer the file to another host thru sftp process My file is about 1 GB. Job is getting hung while transferring the file. So when I login as sftp and check the file system space is only in MB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinoth Kumar G
2 Replies
SFTP-SERVER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SFTP-SERVER(8)

NAME
sftp-server -- SFTP server subsystem SYNOPSIS
sftp-server [-ehR] [-f log_facility] [-l log_level] [-u umask] DESCRIPTION
sftp-server is a program that speaks the server side of SFTP protocol to stdout and expects client requests from stdin. sftp-server is not intended to be called directly, but from sshd(8) using the Subsystem option. Command-line flags to sftp-server should be specified in the Subsystem declaration. See sshd_config(5) for more information. Valid options are: -e Causes sftp-server to print logging information to stderr instead of syslog for debugging. -f log_facility Specifies the facility code that is used when logging messages from sftp-server. The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0, LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7. The default is AUTH. -h Displays sftp-server usage information. -l log_level Specifies which messages will be logged by sftp-server. The possible values are: QUIET, FATAL, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE, DEBUG, DEBUG1, DEBUG2, and DEBUG3. INFO and VERBOSE log transactions that sftp-server performs on behalf of the client. DEBUG and DEBUG1 are equivalent. DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 each specify higher levels of debugging output. The default is ERROR. -R Places this instance of sftp-server into a read-only mode. Attempts to open files for writing, as well as other operations that change the state of the filesystem, will be denied. -u umask Sets an explicit umask(2) to be applied to newly-created files and directories, instead of the user's default mask. For logging to work, sftp-server must be able to access /dev/log. Use of sftp-server in a chroot configuration therefore requires that syslogd(8) establish a logging socket inside the chroot directory. SEE ALSO
sftp(1), ssh(1), sshd_config(5), sshd(8) T. Ylonen and S. Lehtinen, SSH File Transfer Protocol, draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-00.txt, January 2001, work in progress material. HISTORY
sftp-server first appeared in OpenBSD 2.8. AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> BSD
January 9, 2010 BSD