Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Process limit on OS level
Operating Systems AIX Process limit on OS level Post 302205630 by giriplug on Monday 16th of June 2008 01:19:19 AM
Old 06-16-2008
Process limit on OS level

Hi,

Would like to know where do i find these process limit on OS level as my MQ is prompting this error...

An attempt to create an MQ process was rejected by the operating system due to a process limit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

process nice level command line vs cron

Under, Solaris 10 I have the following problem: A script executed at command line runs with nice level 0, as expected. Same script started under (user) crontab runs with nice level 2. I would prefer it run at 0. Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: henrydark
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Nice the process on user level

Hi there, I was wandering, if it is possible to nice set of process on user level. Say, I have user1,user2 if user1 spawns 12 process and user2 spwans 15 process, Is there a way can I change the priority of any process started by user1 to 5 and viz-a-viz user2 to 20 Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

upper limit of accessible memory space for a single process in Unix/Linux

Hellp all, if there is 3G memory in my Unix server I want to know if all the 3G space can be used by ong sigle process. As i know, in Windows, one process can only access at most 1G memory despite there is probably more than 1G memory is equipped. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alert When a Process Exceeds a CPU Utilization Limit...

Hi EveryOne We run CICS Sofware on our AIX Machine... When ever some Process or Transaction loops it Takes heavy process Usage.. Is there a way that i can Get a alert message or a Message Thrown on to screen when ever a process named "cicsas" uses more that 20%... fo CPU.. I was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

smtpd process limit

I'm having a problem increasing the Postfix 2.5 smtpd process limit to 200. Here's what I have tried so far: 1) /etc/postfix/main.cf: default_process_limit = 2002) /etc/postfix/master.cf: smtp inet n - - - 200 smtpd3) /etc/postfix/master.cf: smtp ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonash
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Difference between run level & init level

what are the major Difference Between run level & init level (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Limit: stacksize: Can't remove limit

Hi all, I'm using to Solaris machine. When I run a simple script this messenger come out:"limit: stacksize: Can't remove limit". Any one know the way to resolve this problem without reboot the machine? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diabolist9
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit process number in TOP command outupt

Linux top command prints more than 40 processes. top -b -n 1 > Top_Output.txt Is there a straight-forward option/way to limit only till the top 5 processes. ( Instead of using head, tail or other unix commands together) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

SSL certificate generation on OS level or application level

We have a RHEL 5.8 server at the production level and we have a Java application on this server. I know of the SSL certificate generation at the OS (RHEL) level but it is implemented on the Java application by our development team using the Java keytool. My doubt is that is the SSL generation can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Run level process when Physical server goes down

Need inputs when physical server is coming down (ex- init 0) . We have a physical server in that there are couple of LDOM's and in LDOM's there are couple of Zones . In zones there are applications running . Physical Server (T4 Server) -> LDOM -> ZONES -> applications There are scripts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
1 Replies
ulimit(2)							System Calls Manual							 ulimit(2)

NAME
ulimit() - get and set user limits SYNOPSIS
Remarks The ANSI C "" construct denotes a variable length argument list whose optional [or required] members are given in the associated comment DESCRIPTION
provides for control over process limits. Available values for cmd are: Get the file size limit of the process. The limit is in units of 512-byte blocks and is inherited by child processes. Files of any size can be read. The optional second argument is not used. Set the file size limit of the process to the value of the optional second argument which is taken as a long. Any process can decrease this limit, but only a process with the privilege can increase the limit. Note that the limit must be specified in units of 512-byte blocks. Get the maximum possible break value (see brk(2)). Depending on system resources such as swap space, this maximum might not be attainable at a given time. The optional second argument is not used. Security Restrictions Some or all of the actions associated with this system call require the privilege. Processes owned by the superuser have this privilege. Processes owned by other users may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, a non-negative value is returned. Errors return a -1, with set to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails if one or more of the following conditions is true. cmd is not in the correct range. fails and the limit is unchanged if a process without the privilege attempts to increase its file size limit. SEE ALSO
brk(2), write(2), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
ulimit(2)