Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove the text (*@yahoo.com, hotmail.com) from one file Post 302205434 by ripat on Sunday 15th of June 2008 03:53:21 AM
Old 06-15-2008
Wel, I just noticed my sed solution was not working for two consecutive banned email addresses. See first line of output. Give it a try with awk:

Code:
awk -F":" -v OFS=": " '{print $1, gensub(/[^@]+@(gmail|yahoo|hotmail)\.com,?/, "", "g", $2)}' input-file

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send mail to any user (@hotmail,@yahoo etc) from Solaris

Hi All, I am new to unix. I want to know what are the steps to do in order to configure a unix server (Solaris 8) to send mails to the outside world. I also want to send attachments in the mail. Thanks in advance Zing (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove specified text from file

I am trying to write a script that kills old sessions, I've posted here over the past few days and the script is just about perfect except I want to be given the option to exclude specified PIDs from being killed. this is the entire script: if then rm /tmp/idlepids fi if then rm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove and replace text in a file

Hello all, How would I go to a particular line in a file and remove certain text from it and replace with something that I want it to be there. like: file /etc/abc now look for line HOME="/export/xyz" in /etc/abc and then replace with HOME=/"export/xyz1" thanks in advance guys. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaix14
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

able to remove \240 from a text file

I have a file originally provided from a SQL database on a Windows platform. I transfer the file via ftp in binary format, remove the ^M's from the end of all lines. I have attempted to use tr ( cat infile | tr -d '\240' ) and sed (cat infile | sed 's/\240//g' ) to remove the occurences of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbrowne
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove chunks of text from file

All, So, I have an ldif file that contains about 6500 users worth of data. Some users have a block of text I'd like to remove, while some don't. Example (block of text in question is the block starting with "authAuthority: ;Kerberosv5"): User with text block: # username, users,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: staze
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove filename is text file

Hello, I got files full path in a text file like that /main/k/kdelibs/kdelibs4c2a_3.5.10.dfsg.1-2ubuntu7_i386.deb /main/k/kdelibs-experimental/libknotificationitem-dev_4.3.2-0ubuntu1_i386.deb /main/k/kdemultimedia/dragonplayer_4.3.2-0ubuntu1_i386.deb... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidkhan
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and remove in a text file

Need help whit a script where I have to input a name and then remove a line where that name is in a file file ex: 001op;Name;Location;date 002op;Name;Location;date and so on.... can anybody help me??? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nogame11
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut text from a file and remove

Hello Friends, I am stuck with the below problem.Any help will be appreciated. I have a file which has say 100 lines. On the second last line I have a line from which i want to remove certain characters.. e.g CAST(CAST( A as varchar(50)) || ',' || CAST(CAST( B as varchar(50)) || ',' ||... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vital_parsley
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the text between all curly brackets from text file?

Hello experts, I have a text file with lot of curly brackets (both opening { & closing } ). I need to delete them alongwith the text between opening & closing brackets' pair. For ex: Input:- 59. Rh1 Qe4 {(Qf5-e4 Qd8-g8+ Kg6-f5 Qg8-h7+ Kf5-e5 Qh7-e7+ Ke5-f5 Qe7-d7+ Qe4-e6 Qd7-h7+ Qe6-g6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)