Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script that Redirect SSH output via cron Post 302205370 by ripat on Saturday 14th of June 2008 02:44:03 PM
Old 06-14-2008
And loging as root through ssh is bad! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect bg process output to within the script

Hi, I have a process running in the background, which throws up some output to the terminal when I run my script. How can I read this output from my script? Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Theju
5 Replies

2. Programming

Redirect input and output to a shell script?

Dear All: I am trying to do something that (I thought) was relatively straightforward, but my code snippet does not seem to work. Any suggestions? Thank you Sincerely yours Misha Koshelev #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <errno.h> #include... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: misha680
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

stdout redirect is working buy direct script exec but not in cron

Hi @ all :) i made a very little shell script witch is working well when i'm launching it directly like with ./script but when i'm launching it by cron tab it work at half only. the part of the script witch are not working are: #!/bin/sh apt-get updade apt-get -s upgrade >>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: calibal
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

Cron task output is 0, script output is OK

I have the following cron task set to run every 15 minutes to ascertain how many users are in the system and append the result to the log. /home/pronto/cus/whoisinc >> /home/pronto/cus/whoisin.log This is the whoisinc script date +"%d-%m-%Y,%k:%M,Pronto Users,`prowho -s | grep -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect the output in shell script for tftp

I've been using tftp in one of my file #!/bin/bash filename1="config1h.txt" filename2="config15.txt" hostname="test.com" tftp $hostname <</dev/null get $filename1 get $filename2 quit EOF My output looks like this # ./test3.sh tftp> Received 1262 bytes in 0.0 seconds tftp> Received... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Script redirect command output failed, why?

Hi, I put a for loop in a script to eject backup tapes from the robot. The command echo' output goes to the log file without problem, but command vmchange's output does not go to the log file although it's working fine. It still displays on the screen. I've tried '2>&1 1>$log', but nothing changed.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

8. Programming

How to redirect the output of a shell script to a file?

hi, i have a html form which call a perl program, this perl program calls a shell script. <html> <head> <title>demo</title> </head> <body> <form name="frm1" action="/cgi-bin/perl_script.pl" method="post"> <input type="text" name="fname"> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to a file and mail the output

Hi Guys, I want to redirect the output of 3 scripts to a file and then mail the output of those three scripts. I used below but it is not working: OFILE=/home/home1/report1 echo "report1 details" > $OFILE =/home/home1/1.sh > $OFILE echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect script output to file after grep

i have simple program that generate log file 1 line every sec, i need to do grep for specific record then redirect to another file. #!/bin/bash for i in `seq 1 20`; do echo $i sleep 1 done ./test.sh |egrep "5|10|15" 5 10 15 r ./test.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies
ssh-keysign(1M)                                                                                                                    ssh-keysign(1M)

NAME
ssh-keysign - ssh helper program for host-based authentication SYNOPSIS
ssh-keysign ssh-keysign is used by ssh(1) to access the local host keys and generate the digital signature required during host-based authentication with SSH protocol version 2. This signature is of data that includes, among other items, the name of the client host and the name of the client user. ssh-keysign is disabled by default and can be enabled only in the global client configuration file /etc/ssh/ssh_config by setting Host- basedAuthentication to yes. ssh-keysign is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from ssh. See ssh(1) and sshd(1M) for more information about host-based authen- tication. /etc/ssh/ssh_config Controls whether ssh-keysign is enabled. /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key These files contain the private parts of the host keys used to generate the digital signature. They should be owned by root, readable only by root, and not accessible to others. Because they are readable only by root, ssh-keysign must be set-uid root if host-based authentication is used. ssh-keysign will not sign host-based authentication data under the following conditions: o If the HostbasedAuthentication client configuration parameter is not set to yes in /etc/ssh/ssh_config. This setting cannot be overri- den in users' ~/.ssh/ssh_config files. o If the client hostname and username in /etc/ssh/ssh_config do not match the canonical hostname of the client where ssh-keysign is invoked and the name of the user invoking ssh-keysign. In spite of ssh-keysign's restrictions on the contents of the host-based authentication data, there remains the ability of users to use it as an avenue for obtaining the client's private host keys. For this reason host-based authentication is turned off by default. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsshu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ssh(1), sshd(1M), ssh_config(4), attributes(5) AUTHORS
Markus Friedl, markus@openbsd.org HISTORY
ssh-keysign first appeared in Ox 3.2. 9 Jun 2004 ssh-keysign(1M)