Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Do You Play Video Games?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Do You Play Video Games? Post 302205243 by Neo on Saturday 14th of June 2008 06:11:13 AM
Old 06-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmat
Chess, Backgammon and Poker
In case you have not noticed, we have installed Chess in the forums:

Chess Club - The UNIX Forums

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

use VM to play games in Windows (Intense Games)

I have Ubunut installed on my desktop AMD 6 Core 3.2 (will be getting the bulldozer AMD 8 Core when it releases) 16 GB of DDR3 1333 RAM SSD some HDD's Nvidia 560 ti 1GB My question is, how can I or can I even get a Win 7 VM to play games as well in a main install. Give it 10 GBs of RAM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ochieman2000
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ffmpeg (avconv) + crtmpserver Linux streaming video, no player to play it

Hello Linux experts, I'm working on live video streaming project, and my job is to create video streaming server using Ubuntu 13.04 Here is what I've done so far: 1. Installed crtmpserver from Ubuntu's repositories. 2. Installed ffmpeg To test the server i use webcam as source of video,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to play video files one after the other continously?

Hi, There are many MP4 files in a folder say 50 files . All these files are video clipping files.Instead of playing the video one by one , is it possible to play all video clipping files into single shot ? Say for example when i play one video file it gets over after sometime and to view... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies
yics(6) 							   Games Manual 							   yics(6)

NAME
yics - Yahoo! Chess client for use with FICS interfaces SYNOPSIS
yics [ -l logfile ] DESCRIPTION
YICS connects to the free Yahoo! Chess lobbies and emulates a FICS server. It can be used with most FICS interfaces (xboard(6), for exam- ple) to play on Yahoo! Chess. OPTIONS
YICS currently accepts only one option: -l logfile Saves a connection log (excluding login information) to logfile, which can be attached to a bug report if requested by the author. COMMAND REFERENCE
A reference of commands, and other useful documentation, may be found on the YICS wiki: <http://wiki.yics.org>. YICS AS A HELPER PROGRAM
YICS was designed to be used as a helper program with FICS interfaces. With xboard the use is fairly straightforward: xboard -ics -icshost Yahoo -icshelper yics Note that the parameter to -icshost has no effect, aside from setting the xboard title. eboard is a little tricky, but can be done: ln -s $(which yics) timeseal.$(uname -s) ; eboard Choose "Peer > Connect to FICS" in eboard to connect. SEE ALSO
xboard(6). AUTHOR
YICS was written by Chris Howie <chris@yics.org>. This manual page was written by Chris Howie <cdhowie@nerdshack.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 03 Feb 2006 yics(6)