Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 5.2 Maksysb Image backup/restore Post 302205147 by shockneck on Friday 13th of June 2008 03:51:27 PM
Old 06-13-2008
That reminds me of a bug I encountered some years ago when certain 5.2 modification levels "complained" about bootimage size. I am not sure that this is exactly the problem you describe but if you happen to use no current 5.2 ML you could update to the current 5.2 ML or try to install these APARs: IBM - IY56839: SYSTEM BOOT HANGS WHEN BOOT IMAGE EXCEEDS 12M 04/06/10 PTF PECHANGE
and/or probably IBM - IY64689: BOOT FAILS WITH LARGE BOOT IMAGE.

If that APAR does not apply or if updating the os is not an option you could uninstall some of the device drivers that you don't really use on the particular server. Compare the output of lsdev -C to lslpp -l |grep devices. There might be drivers for Graphics adapters, Token Ring, ATM adapters and CryptoCard for instance. Delete those unnecessary drivers with installp -u to shrink the bootimage size and run mksysb again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX backup --> Linux Restore

Hi all, I have a large number of backup tapes which were originally written with the AIX "backup" command. I now need to convert these to "tar" format, but unfortunately I no longer have access to an AIX machine. I have been able to connect the old tape drive (3590) to a Linux box and it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jauru
2 Replies

2. AIX

AIX backup and restore

Hello, Some background so you can see what I'm trying to do on AIX: In Windows its possible to partition a single hard drive into 2 separate logical paritions which may appear as a C and a D drive. It is then possible to to use 3rd party software such as Power Quest Drive Image to create a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quickfirststep
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Boot Sequence changed After Image Restore

Hello All, I backed up my RHEL 4 as an image. Then I restored the image on my machine. Everything went fine but I dont get the normal boot sequence as it used to come when I freshly installed RHEL4. The messages that are shown when the system boots are something like- " ..... EXT3-fs:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamik
2 Replies

4. Solaris

flar restore with svm mirrors failing to create boot image

In a Solaris9 environment I'm trying to restore flash archive (flar) with SVM mirrored devices to same server via jumpstart server and it is failing to create boot file and drops down to a command prompt in single user mode, metastat -i and metastat -p output looks good when compared to the ones... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Tivoli Image Restore

Dear Team: I am new to this Forum and I need your help for my AIX restoration problem its very urgent my problem as follow failure I have a Tivoli Storage Manger was installed on that server. I created backup image using Tivoli and it created a set of files each file is around 2GB so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Firas_Abed
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Backup / Restore

Hi, I need to back up a RH file system (96G). The files are oracle .dbf format some of which are 5G in size. I know that tar has got a size restriction of 2G so I cannot use this. Can anyone recommend an alternative way of backuping up this FS? I have been looking at dump but this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
6 Replies

7. AIX

[Tip] Backup and restore on AIX

Pretty penny's. Just remember that mksysb and savevg are just front-ends for backup. In other words, backups on AIX are organized by volume groups. mksysb is specialized for rootvg and savevg is used for other volume groups. Ignoring that rootvg also creates files needed to boot a system... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MichaelFelt
1 Replies

8. AIX

Restore mksysb image on cloned LPAR

Hi Folks, How to restore mksysb image on LPAR which is already having cloned AIX OS installed on hdisk0 (nothing configured, only full partition image is sitting on hdisk0) Let me know. Thank a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 Restore from flar image

Hi! I want to migrate Sun Fire v240 server (sun4u) with Solaris 10 update 6 to LDOM virtual host (sun4v). I was mount NFS directory from another server in /mnt and did this steps on v240 1) I add to the /var/sadm/system/admin/.platform PLATFORM_GROUP=sun4v # cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbubentsov
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 7.2 MKSYSB Backup and Restore Best Practices?

Hello, Running AIX 7.2 on Power9 bare-metal (no LPAR and no NIM server), in the process of creating a guide on MKSYSB process. I understand that MKSYSB is a backup of the rootvg and we can exclude stuff via exclude.rootvg file, the rest of the data volumes are mapped to the system as LUNs via... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
7 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)