Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting get the data from sybase and append to the file Post 302205048 by fabtagon on Friday 13th of June 2008 09:25:06 AM
Old 06-13-2008
isql some_creditial_parameters < input_file > output_file

input_file is something like
Quote:
SELECT filename FROM mydb WHERE condition=xyz
GO

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

append data in a file by using tab delimiter

Hi, I need to append the data in to a file by using tab delimiter. eg: echo "Data1" >> filename.txt echo "\t" >> filename.txt (its not working) echo "Data2" >> filename.txt. the result sould be like this. Data1 Data2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharmila_P
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using awk (or whatever) to pull and append data in a new file

One of the fortunate things about posting in a "Dummies" forum is you probably aren't expecting a lot of out me... I'm trying to pull fields from two lines in the same file(s), and then append them together in a new file. So...I get a nice line-by-line of the first bit of data I'm looking... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Milano_EH3
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

append data to file

i want to develop a script newdata that writes new data to a file called items the file items has the following headings columns separated by tabs: channel date time programe if i type executable file newdata on the command line with parameters, it should append it to the items files the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fletcher
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the specific data to the xml file

I have an xml file data as shown below: <impl name="Nortel" is-enabled="true"> <package-mappings> <const-mapping target-state="EndPoint" target-param="cfCNDSubscribed" constant-value="true"/> <const-mapping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi_rn
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to append line of of data to file

hai..i am new to unix..and i've currently learn shell script.. i have this small problem where i would like to save every data from log file into user directory if the data is equal to the name of the user.. i manage to do that with below script.. i would like to ask if there is any solutions so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meggae
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to append the data in one file to the another

Hi , i have two log files, i need to combine this as a one log file. i need to do this by SED , test1.log sadadadaadfsaf test2.log adadadadadada i need this in a single file from test 1 to test2.log test2.log(expected result) adadadadadada (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhdmehraj
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want to append data to same .csv file.

I have a script which has to be scheduled to run 3 times a day. My script picks the required fields from logfile and stores the data in a.csv file. Sample data. my logfile contain: 0097A,0374D,100903,1519,00000606191 0097A,C88RA,100903,0724,00000606105 So the output of first execution... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrima.pratima
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

append | to the end of each data in a file

I have a file which has data in the below format: 7810902|6783014102| || |0| |0| |0| |0|||||T|04/13/2006||9423|7421||100|2006-04-13 16:50:28|||2006-04-13 16:50:28|n|51|-1||214 1089929|||||NewSpCreateAction request successful. Activity ID = <826528>||||100|n|2006-04-13 16:50:27|2006-04-13... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankianand88
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to append data to a file

Hi I search for certain values in a file across many directories using the following awk code awk '/Sl.*thickness/ {Sl=$3;Tt=$NF}END{print Sl, Tt}' DILAT.DAT What I would like to do is write out Sl and Tt obtained from these files from many directories to a single file. So for example if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append data to first column delimited file

Hi, I have a data like Input: 12||34|56|78 Output: XYZ|12||34|56|78 I tried like this , but it puts it on another line awk -F "|" ' BEGIN {"XYZ"} {print $0} 'file Any quick suggessitons in sed/awk ? am using HP-UX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
3 Replies
GRDCUT(l)																 GRDCUT(l)

NAME
grdcut - Extract a subregion out of a .grd file SYNOPSIS
grdcut input_file.grd -Goutput_file.grd -Rwest/east/south/north[r] [ -V ] DESCRIPTION
grdcut will produce a new output_file.grd file which is a subregion of input_file.grd. The subregion is specified with -Rwest/east/south/north as in other programs; the specified range must not exceed the range of input_file.grd. If in doubt, run grdinfo to check range. Complementary to grdcut there is grdpaste, which will join together two grdfiles along a common edge. input_file.grd this is the input .grd format file. -Goutput_file.grd this is the output .grd format file. -R west, east, south, and north specify the Region of interest. To specify boundaries in degrees and minutes [and seconds], use the dd:mm[:ss] format. Append r if lower left and upper right map coordinates are given instead of wesn. This defines the subregion to be cut out. OPTIONS
-V Selects verbose mode, which will send progress reports to stderr [Default runs "silently"]. EXAMPLES
Suppose you have used surface to grid ship gravity in the region between 148E - 162E and 8N - 32N, and you do not trust the gridding near the edges, so you want to keep only the area between 150E - 160E and 10N - 30N, then: grdcut grav_148_162_8_32.grd -Ggrav_150_160_10_30.grd -R150/160/10/30 -V SEE ALSO
grdpaste(1gmt), grdinfo(1gmt), gmt(1gmt) 1 Jan 2004 GRDCUT(l)