Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command/script to find size of Unix Box ? Post 302204932 by fpmurphy on Friday 13th of June 2008 12:22:04 AM
Old 06-13-2008
Quote:
$ > top -d1 | grep Memory
ksh: -d1: not found.
This is not a ksh issue. It is a user issue. Do not type ">" before "top -d1 | grep Memory"

Not all systems have top installed. If you told us what version of the UNIX operating system you are using, we could give you a better more precise answer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how do I increase the character size in the Unix Box

do anybody has knowledge how do i increase the character size in the UNIX box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subir23
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find password for current user in unix box

hi all, kindly let me know the command to get password and user for current user in unix. thanks in advance. --Bali Reddy.Y (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a unix script in one box from another box

i have a unix script which is available in a box say box1 i want this script to be run in box box2 and put the output file in box2 what is the procedure to execute this script in box2 i will call the script in box1 using cybermation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX commands remotely in Windows box from Unix box – avoid entering password

I am able to run the UNIX commands in a Windows box from a UNIX box through "SSH" functionality. But whenever the SSH connection is established between UNIX and Windows, password for windows box is being asked. Is there a way to avoid asking password whenever the SSH connection is made? Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.kalpana
1 Replies

5. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script to check whether particular file exists and to find its size

I want to find the size of particular file exists in a particular directory and i wnt to zip it. In the below mentioned code it should check the MQ.log in the particular directory.Please correct my code so that it will check for particular MQ.log but i could not able to check whether the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balachandar
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need an scp command from a unix box to a windows box.

scp file="myfile.txt" todir="user@somehost:(M:drive:/somepath/)"/ Not sure I need it to go to a specific drive on the windows box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgringo
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find the file size in unix

Anybody can help HOW TO FIND THE FILE SIZE IN UNIX (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmraochodisetti
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp file starting with particular name on Windows box to Unix box using shell script

Hello all ! I'm trying to write a shell script (bash) to ftp a file starting with particular name like "Latest_" that is present on a Windows box to UNIX server. Basically I want to set this script in the cron so that daily the new build that is posted on the Windows box can be downloaded to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayb4u83
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command to copy files from Windows to UNIX box

Hi Folks, I have a file name abc.xml in my windows machine at the location c:\ytr\abc.xml which I want to place at the unix box machine inside cde directory.. at the following location that is /opt/app/cde/ now the credentials of unix box are abc345 -->(dummyid) ftyiu88--->(dummy passwd) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)