Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity How to know when you've been hacked Post 302204556 by era on Thursday 12th of June 2008 02:43:34 AM
Old 06-12-2008
If at all feasible, the best thing would be if you could wipe and reinstall the servers. Stay informed on PHP security (now there's an oxymoron) and make sure you aren't running any known exploits in PHP itself or in the application you are using. If it was developed in-house, fire the developer, unless you have reason to believe that teaching her/him secure coding practices is less likely to fail than finding a qualified replacement (which is also almost certain to fail, I'm afraid).

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

pc hacked

Hi, i think someone has hacked my server, the following rules used to come which i haven't put. Please help me i couldnt find out how this rules are apply, i think someone has put an script which generates enables the rules. But after restarting the iptables everything seems to be working... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naik_mit
0 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Server hacked on known port

Hi, There is a recent case whereby it was reported that one of the production servers was hacked on port 1521. However, I am not sure how this was possible, as I checked that the OS firewall (iptables) is on : # /etc/init.d/iptables status Table: nat Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT) num ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
7 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Our system was hacked

Someone made a mistake, and left our router wide open, pointing all ports to a SCO 6.0.0 system. Within 24 hours, the following happened. The contents of all the files (except tar files) in three directories, one directory on each of three different file systems, were replaced with nulls. None... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies
HIGHLIGHT_FILE(3)							 1							 HIGHLIGHT_FILE(3)

highlight_file - Syntax highlighting of a file

SYNOPSIS
mixed highlight_file (string $filename, [bool $return = false]) DESCRIPTION
Prints out or returns a syntax highlighted version of the code contained in $filename using the colors defined in the built-in syntax highlighter for PHP. Many servers are configured to automatically highlight files with a phps extension. For example, example.phps when viewed will show the syntax highlighted source of the file. To enable this, add this line to the httpd.conf: AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the PHP file to be highlighted. o $return - Set this parameter to TRUE to make this function return the highlighted code. RETURN VALUES
If $return is set to TRUE, returns the highlighted code as a string instead of printing it out. Otherwise, it will return TRUE on success, FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 4.2.1 | | | | | | | This function is now also affected by safe_mode | | | and open_basedir. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ NOTES
Caution Care should be taken when using the highlight_file(3) function to make sure that you do not inadvertently reveal sensitive informa- tion such as passwords or any other type of information that might create a potential security risk. Note When the $return parameter is used, this function uses internal output buffering so it cannot be used inside an ob_start(3) callback function. SEE ALSO
highlight_string(3), Highlighting INI directives. PHP Documentation Group HIGHLIGHT_FILE(3)