Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Is Virtualisation Right for Colo? Post 302204411 by mark54g on Wednesday 11th of June 2008 01:05:55 PM
Old 06-11-2008
You could in theory use Xen or also look at VMware Server and see if that is for you. Xen will likely give you less overhead, but possibly worse performance of guests depending on the type of work as well as if you are able to use the paravirtualization drivers.

VMware server is free now. You may also want to look at Qemu, but VMware will likely solve your problem for you. Figure on losing about <9% of your overall horsepower for the flexibility.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Virtualisation of linux/solaris

Hello, I need to build a server with both solaris and linux guest VM using full virt on x64. The guest os are solaris 10 (not opensolaris) and linux RedHat (Centos) and Suse. I really cant make run a solaris 10 domU on Linux (hang after grub loader ..... ) Dom0 neither on opensolaris 11 xvm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manifesto
0 Replies

2. Solaris

virtualisation in solaris

Is there any other virtualisation made in solaris 10 other than zones and LDOMS? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priky
3 Replies

3. Solaris

problem with virtualisation

Hi, I am using compaq t5207tu model with 60gb harddisk and 2.5gb RAM.Its dual boot-Windows XP and Solaris. I tried installing SUN xVM on solaris to make client -server architecture (32 bit processor and 32 bit OS ) -guest OS (solaris 10)on host OS(Solaris 10). But whenever i try to install... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruti_gupta
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server with OpenVZ virtualisation is not responding but VMs are OK

Server is accessible only via IPMI. SSH and web control panel is timeout. Takes several hours. Server dont have high load or suspicious processes. I checked /etc/hosts.deny and restarted ssh, but nothing :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
0 Replies
GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON.3(October 1, 1997)									     GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON.3(October 1, 1997)

NAME
GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON - copy a physical connector from an instance in the current figure SYNOPSYS
#include <genlib.h> void GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON(index, conname, insname, newname) long index; char *insname; char *conname; char *newname; ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr PARAMETERS
index Connector index in the instance conname Name of the connector in the instance model insname Name of the instance the connector belongs to newname Name to be given to the connector in the current figure DESCRIPTION
COPY_UP_CON copies a instance connector into the current layout figure, and gives to the new connector the name newname. The instance con- nector is identified by its name, conname, and index, index. Two behaviour are expected, depending on the instance connector location regarding the abutment box of the current figure. Connector on the abutment box The figure connector is place right over the instance connector. The single connector is duplicated. Connector inside the abutment box The instance connector face is computed in the figure, and then, the connector is duplicated on the given face, at the right coordinates for this face. Then a wire is drawn between the instance connector and the figure connector in the connector layer. If newname is NULL, then not connector is copied up, on the segment is drawn to the side of the abutment box. ERRORS
"GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON impossible : missing GENLIB_DEF_PHFIG" No figure has been yet specified by a call to DEF_PHFIG. So it isn't possible to place a connector inside it. you must call DEF_PHFIG before any other layout action. "*** genlib error *** GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON impossible : connector conname index index of instance insname, current figure doesn't exist" The given connector does not exist in the current figure. EXAMPLE
#include <genlib.h> main() { /* Create a figure to work on */ GENLIB_DEF_PHFIG("cell"); . . GENLIB_PLACE_LEFT("gaer0_f", "insN", SYMXY); . . GENLIB_DEF_AB(0L, 0L, 0L, 0L); /* Put a connector */ GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON("i0", 1, "insN", "inz0"); /* Save that on disk */ GENLIB_SAVE_PHFIG(); } SEE ALSO
genlib(1), GENLIB_DEF_PHFIG(3), GENLIB_SAVE_PHFIG(3), GENLIB_COPY_UP_ALL_CON(3), GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON_FACE(3), GENLIB_PHCON(3), GEN- LIB_THRU_CON_H(3), GENLIB_THRU_CON_V(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. PROCEDURAL GENERATION LANGUAGE
ASIM/LIP6 GENLIB_COPY_UP_CON.3(October 1, 1997)