Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Access variables from profile file Post 302204213 by nua7 on Wednesday 11th of June 2008 02:31:38 AM
Old 06-11-2008
Can you post your .profile file here..?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read variables from Access table

Hi! I've just started learning shell scripting, and have been somewhat 'thrown in at the deep-end and told to swim' so excuse my complete lack of knowledge and ignorance, but here goes... I've been given a unix script to 'tidy up'. Basically the script consists of the few lines of code being... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sn33R
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Access Awk Variables Outside Scope

Sorry in the wrong forum. Moving this to right forum. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to access variables across scripts

Hi All, I have declared a variable in script1 and assign a value for it. In script2 i'll call script1 and then I want the value of variables set in script1. I have tried with export, but in vain. How can I achive this? Below is the two scripts. --script1 #!/usr/bin/ksh echo $1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javaDev
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access Awk Variables Outside Scope

My awk script searches for specified patterns in a text file and stores these values into mem variables. Once this is done I want to Insert these values into a table. How can I avail of the variable values outside the scope of awk script.... One method that I have tried is to write the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access variables in a config file inside a shell script

I'm writing a shell script. I want to put the variables in a separate config files and use those inside my script. e.g. the config file (temp.conf)will have the values like mapping=123 file_name=xyz.txt I want to access these variables in temp.conf(i.e. mapping and file_name) from inside the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrimohanty
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in access in array variables

hi all, its me again!!! i've requirement like this: i want to create a file & an array with its name having the filename as its substring. here is the test script!! #!/bin/bash touch $1 declare -a $1_rec; echo -n "$1_rec: " read $1_rec; echo $]; now see output: this is when i enter... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tprayush
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab jobs don't see variables defined in /etc/profile

Is it true that Crontab jobs don't see variables defined in /etc/profile? How to get around that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

8. Programming

Regarding the protected variables access

Hello forum, I am siva working as programmer .I was blocked with the below issue so please help any of the forum memebers. testve.h class cv { protected : struct state; state& m_state; }; testVe.cpp struct state { m_size; } the above are 2 files which have the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
3 Replies

9. AIX

Profile environment variables lost after mksysb restore

Hello. I restore an mksysb image (AIX 5.3 TL 11) from one model to another model of Power (power 5 to power 7). Everything seems good, but I lost environment variables of at least one of a user profile. The result of the "env" command show me great differences between two servers, first of them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to access the bash variables in csh

Hi, I am having a primary script which is Bash based. I am calling a csh script from it. Now, their are some variables defined in my bash script which i need in csh. I am unable to do so. Is it possible ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
2 Replies
AA-AUTODEP(8)							     AppArmor							     AA-AUTODEP(8)

NAME
aa-autodep - guess basic AppArmor profile requirements SYNOPSIS
aa-autodep <executable> [<executable> ...] DESCRIPTION
aa-autodep is used to generate a minimal AppArmor profile for a set of executables. This program will generate a profile for binary executable as well as interpreted script programs. At a minimum aa-autodep will provide a base profile containing a base include directive which includes basic profile entries needed by most programs. The profile is generated by recursively calling ldd(1) on the executables listed on the command line. BUGS
This program does not perform full static analysis of executables, so the profiles generated are necessarily incomplete. If you find any bugs, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), apparmor.d(5), aa-complain(1), aa-enforce(1), aa-disable(1), aa_change_hat(2), and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 AA-AUTODEP(8)