Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can't bring E25K system controller to OK prompt Post 302204189 by sparcguy on Wednesday 11th of June 2008 12:23:55 AM
Old 06-11-2008
There is a way to bring the server down to ok prompt but is a last resort.

Switch the server key to normal "1" mode (make sure it's not pointing to padlock)

Remove the keyboard and plug it back immediately (this usually accompanied by a small *beep* sound)

Note this works with PS2 connecter keyboard but I've never had to chance to test with the newer USB keyboards.

If it works with USB keyboard pls remember to come back here to share this info.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wiping system from ok prompt

So last week I posted about my system that will not completely boot. It reports a bad trap and reboots in an endless cycle. I'm at a point where I just want to wipe the system clean, reload the software and basically start from scratch. I can interrupt the boot cycle and get to an ok prompt.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forbin24
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Specs in OK Prompt

Hello to all! In the OK prompt, which command should I use to see RAM memory, CPU, and disks partition and capacity? I have in my hands an ancient Ultra5 machine, which Im trying to install Solaris, but don't know if the configuration is the original one. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_BR
4 Replies

3. AIX

Sync AIX system time with Windows Domain Controller

Yeah so, I have setup a domain controller (windows 2003) active directory machine and it is managing couple of windows servers and workstation. I also have couple of AIX machines that need to have the same time as other windows server and workstation hanging off of that domain controller. Now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murderfly
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how do you login as sms-svc on a system controller

hi, i have got a SUN F15K DOMAIN TAKING HARDWARE CONFIGURATION DUMP. DUMP FILE: -D/VA message i wnat to logon as sms-svc on to the controller to check what's happening can you please guide me how do i login as sms-svc on the controller and check thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinix
1 Replies

5. Solaris

How to change the system prompt and BG of terminal?

Hi all, I was wondering how to change the PS1 to my liking? I tried changing it using PS1='my choice' it worked but the subsequent terminals i open will not have it as the default PS1 ,how do i change it? also i am running as super user, and i need to exec bash, to get the bash environment...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Sunfire e25k need configuration information

Hi, I need cofiguration information about the sunfire e25k. How to confirgure 5 domains in e25k server. Thanks in advance. :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumsun
2 Replies

7. Solaris

System is stuck at the OK prompt

Here is a little background. We have a V240 server that has two disks mirrored (out of 4 disks) and one of the disk complained when booting up. The system complained with /etc/inittab file is truncated or corrupted, cannot create /ar/adm/utmpx failed write of utmpx entry. Someone tried to fix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluridge
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bring prompt from a different process

Hi, while running a program one of the command is creating a sub-shell which requires user inputs. Is there a way to bring the input prompt to a parallel session or an alternate way to input the values? the outer program doesn't allow to accept the parameter value for the command run in the sub... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
8 Replies
dc(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						     dc(7)

NAME
dc - serial line/mouse/keyboard SYNOPSIS
controller dc0 at ibus0 slot 0 vector dcintr DESCRIPTION
The dc serial line controller provides DECstation 2100, DECstation 3100, DECstation 5000, and DECstation 5100 computer systems with key- board, mouse, and serial communications interfaces. The serial communications interfaces on the DECstation 2100 and DECstation 3100 provide partial modem control. The serial communications interfaces on the DECstation 5000 provide full modem control. The device special file /dev/tty01 on a DECstation 5100 provides full modem control, while the remaining ports provide no modem control at all. All serial commu- nications interfaces operate at baud rates from B50 to B9600, excluding B200. The dc ports are used as follows: Usage Graphics device keyboard at 4800 BPS Mouse or tablet at 4800 BPS Communications port 1 (w/modem control)/local terminal Communications port 2 (w/modem control)/local terminal On all systems except the DECstation 5100, serial port 2 is used for the system console port in server (that is, non-graphics) configura- tions. On DECstation 5100s, the serial port labeled 3 on the back of the system is always the system console port. The serial system con- sole port always operates at 9600 BPS, 8-bits, no parity; modem control is not supported. RESTRICTIONS
Data communications equipment attached to the console serial port in server configurations must be set to 9600 BPS, 8-bits, no parity. The scc driver enforces this restriction. FILES
console terminal local terminal local terminal local terminal (DECstation 5100 only) RELATED INFORMATION
console(7), devio(7), tty(7), MAKEDEV(8) delim off dc(7)