Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: URL to ASCII
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting URL to ASCII Post 302204073 by imagiro1 on Tuesday 10th of June 2008 12:56:21 PM
Old 06-10-2008
URL to ASCII

I am writing a small script to help me clean out my music (itunes) that has somehow doubled every song. Using the itunes.xml file, I have been able to create a simple list of all the files. The problem is itunes uses URL style formatting, ex. %20 for spaces. I used sed to convert %20 to a space only to find out every special character(!, ?, etc.) is like this. Is there a quick way to convert all URL (hexadecimal I believe) to regular ASCII? Thanks for the help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ascii

a silly question but is there a way to display individual ascii values say if i type 65 it will display the letter instead? thanks fo any help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melkor
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

url calling and parameter passing to url in script

Hi all, I need to write a unix script in which need to call a url. Then need to pass parameters to that url. please help. Regards, gander_ss (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

url calling and parameter passing to url in script

Hi all, I need to write a unix script in which need to call a url. Then need to pass parameters to that url. please help. Regards, gander_ss (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ReDirecting a URL to another URL - Linux

Hello, I need to redirect an existing URL, how can i do that? There's a current web address to a GUI that I have to redirect to another webaddress. Does anyone know how to do this? This is on Unix boxes Linux. example: https://m45.testing.address.net/host.php make it so the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert ascii values into ascii characters

Hi gurus, I have a file in unix with ascii values. I need to convert all the ascii values in the file to ascii characters. File contains nearly 20000 records with ascii values. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeeppvk
10 Replies

6. Programming

ascii to hex

Hello guys, i want to convert a text file to hex and have written this code : int main(int argc, char **argv) { ifstream file; string fileName = "CODEZ"; file.open(fileName.c_str()); // oeffen im Text-Modus if(file) {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingbruce
5 Replies

7. Web Development

Regex to rewrite URL to another URL based on HTTP_HOST?

I am trying to find a way to test some code, but I need to rewrite a specific URL only from a specific HTTP_HOST The call goes out to http://SUB.DOMAIN.COM/showAssignment/7bde10b45efdd7a97629ef2fe01f7303/jsmodule/Nevow.Athena The ID in the middle is always random due to the cookie. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EXT3FSCK
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk: print all URL addresses between iframe tags without repeating an already printed URL

Here is what I have so far: find . -name "*php*" -or -name "*htm*" | xargs grep -i iframe | awk -F'"' '/<iframe*/{gsub(/.\*iframe>/,"\"");print $2}' Here is an example content of a PHP or HTM(HTML) file: <iframe src="http://ADDRESS_1/?click=5BBB08\" width=1 height=1... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: striker4o
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading URL using Mechanize and dump all the contents of the URL to a file

Hello, Am very new to perl , please help me here !! I need help in reading a URL from command line using PERL:: Mechanize and needs all the contents from the URL to get into a file. below is the script which i have written so far , #!/usr/bin/perl use LWP::UserAgent; use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex to Ascii in a Ascii file

Hi All, I have an ascii file in which few columns are having hex values which i need to convert into ascii. Kindly suggest me what command can be used in unix shell scripting? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies
LASTFM(1)						      General Commands Manual							 LASTFM(1)

NAME
lastfm - Audio player for last.fm streams SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/lastfm [options] [URL] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the lastfm command. LASTFM is the flagship product from the team that designed the Audioscrobbler system, a music engine based on a massive collection of Music Profiles. Each music profile belongs to one person, and describes their taste in music. Last.fm uses these music profiles to make person- alized recommendations, match you up with people who like similar music, and generate custom radio stations for each person. This program will allow you to play your personalized radio station streams from the last.fm website. OPTIONS
Arguments: URL A station url beginning with lastfm:// Options: --sanity Show the number of listeners instead of the number of plays scrobbled. -tray Start the program minimized as a tray icon. FILES
~/.config/Last.fm/Last.fm.conf Application config file. ~/.local/share/Last.fm/cache/* Cache files for album artwork and artist descriptions. ~/.local/share/Last.fm/IpodDevice.db SQLite database of songs played on the iPod. ~/.local/share/Last.fm/Last.fm.log Application log file. ~/.local/share/Last.fm/*_mediadevice.xml Submission cache of songs played on the iPod. ~/.local/share/Last.fm/*_submissions.xml Submission cache of songs played with the client. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Paul Telford <pxt@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). It has been updated by John Stamp <jstamp@users.sourceforge.net>. 2007-12-06 LASTFM(1)