Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Simple cp command giving problem..HELP !!! Post 302203993 by anishshahnew83 on Tuesday 10th of June 2008 10:41:13 AM
Old 06-10-2008
Simple cp command giving problem..HELP !!!

i am new user to unix. just started today. i have a task on my hand. please help me out.this may be the most simplest question to you guys.

i have to upload a file ABC in some directory for example lib..i am already at the promt where i want to load that directory

now my destination directory i.e. the directory i want to copy is in home/username/Desktop/XYZ

i try giving this command:
$ cp /home/username/Desktop/XYZ .

but it doesnt work ...please help...
thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

^p not giving command line history.

I am used to using "set -o emacs" and then using "CNTL-P" for getting previous commands in solaris but on one host it does not work and instead just makes a DONG!! # ksh # set -o emacs # ls # ^p Can anyone offer guidance as to why this is? Thank you my friends. akbar (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last Command not giving year

Hi All, i want the last login details along with year. i tried below command but not giving me the year of last login. last <$Userid> | head -1 i heard that if it is current year then it wont display the year else it will display the year. is it so? if yes then , is there any way of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ani_rvce
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Last Command not giving year

Hi All, i want the last login details along with year. i tried below command but not giving me the year of last login. last <$Userid> | head -1 i heard that if it is current year then it wont display the year else it will display the year. is it so? if yes then , is there any way of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ani_rvce
1 Replies

4. Linux

acroread command giving error

Hi, When I run the command acroread it is giving error ERROR: Cannot find installation directory. When I look at /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/bin/ an exicutable file named acroread is there. When i run ./acroread from that directory it is working . What can i do so that I can give... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
3 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

uuencode for attachment giving problem

Hi All, I am using unix's sendmail utility to send mails with attacments. I am using the uuencode command for attachments (zip). When i send the mails to some account which is configured in the MS outook it opens/unzip the attachments with no problem. But the same attachments seems to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojram
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

simulation of wc command giving problems

Hello, i am developing a simple shell script for simulation of wc command but it's not working.Please tell me what is the problem. I have commented the problematic line if then echo "<Improper Usage>" echo "wcassg <options> file" else eval file=\$$# if then chars=0 words=0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: salman4u
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tr command giving wrong output

Hi All, i have a file which have many fields delimited by ,(comma) now i have to show only few fields and not all. the sample text file looks like this: TYPE=SERVICEEVENT, TIMESTAMP=05/06/2009 11:01:40 PM, HOST=sppwa634, APPLICATION=ASComp, FUNCTION=LimitsService, SOU... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters giving problem

Hi All, I have a CSV file in which some fields contains special character for ex:- my file is file 1 cat file1 abcd,bgfht,ngbht,abvc **** hdlld,hsgdt,bhfy,knht **** whenever i am trying to put a 4th feild in a variable its giving me list of all the files i have in current... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam25
6 Replies

9. AIX

Lsof command giving while loop

Hello, There is a process in AIX which is actually a oracle database user session but is running very slow When I use lsof it give below output lsof /proc/21955180 In while loop:256 In while loop:256 In while loop:256 In while loop:256 Value of I :183 np:1024 Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command giving different result for different users for same command

Hello, I am running below command as root user #nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch count" Memtable switch count: 12 Where as when I try to run same command as another user it gives different result. #su -l zabbix -s /bin/bash -c "nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pushpraj
10 Replies
UDPCLI(1)							  BP executables							 UDPCLI(1)

NAME
udpcli - UDP-based BP convergence layer input task SYNOPSIS
udpcli local_hostname[:local_port_nbr] DESCRIPTION
udpcli is a background "daemon" task that receives UDP datagrams via a UDP socket bound to local_hostname and local_port_nbr, extracts bundles from those datagrams, and passes them to the bundle protocol agent on the local ION node. If not specified, port number defaults to 4556. The convergence layer input task is spawned automatically by bpadmin in response to the 's' (START) command that starts operation of the Bundle Protocol; the text of the command that is used to spawn the task must be provided at the time the "udp" convergence layer protocol is added to the BP database. The convergence layer input task is terminated by bpadmin in response to an 'x' (STOP) command. udpcli can also be spawned and terminated in response to START and STOP commands that pertain specifically to the UDP convergence layer protocol. EXIT STATUS
0 udpcli terminated normally, for reasons noted in the ion.log file. If this termination was not commanded, investigate and solve the problem identified in the log file and use bpadmin to restart udpcli. 1 udpcli terminated abnormally, for reasons noted in the ion.log file. Investigate and solve the problem identified in the log file, then use bpadmin to restart udpcli. FILES
No configuration files are needed. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables apply. DIAGNOSTICS
The following diagnostics may be issued to the ion.log log file: udpcli can't attach to BP. bpadmin has not yet initialized Bundle Protocol operations. No such udp duct. No UDP induct matching local_hostname and local_port_nbr has been added to the BP database. Use bpadmin to stop the UDP convergence- layer protocol, add the induct, and then restart the UDP protocol. CLI task is already started for this duct. Redundant initiation of udpcli. Can't get IP address for host Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart UDP. Can't open UDP socket Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart UDP. Can't initialize socket Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart UDP. udpcli can't create receiver thread Operating system error. Check errtext, correct problem, and restart UDP. BUGS
Report bugs to <ion-bugs@korgano.eecs.ohiou.edu> SEE ALSO
bpadmin(1), bprc(5), udpclo(1) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 UDPCLI(1)