Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reg: Query in sed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reg: Query in sed Post 302203916 by patelamit009 on Tuesday 10th of June 2008 07:01:04 AM
Old 06-10-2008
Reg: Query in sed

Hi Penchal,

I would appreciate if you can provide me a brief explanation on what you are trying to do in the commnad below.

echo "6-9-2008" | sed 's/\(.\)-\(.\)-\(.*\)/\3-0\2-0\1/g'

Thanks
Amit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

query reg semaphore / processes on solaris

Our Baan application has a server process bflusher which is activated automaticaly by another server process bmanager . These processes uses shared memory to carry out it's operations . Through a baan application query command (tbase6.1 P d 3 ) , i can find the number of users (user process... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed query..

hi, I have an xml file and I need to replace the tags with different names all at a time here is what I have <cevalue> <cevalue1> <cevalue2> <cevalue3> <cevalue4> <cevalue5> and I need these like these... <cevalue> <cevalue> <cevalue> <cevalue> <cevalue> <cevalue> I tried a few but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed query

I have a series of folders /temp/a /temp/b /temp/c In folders a, b, and c, I have files a1.txt..........a20.txt b1.txt..........b40.txt & c1.txt..........c60.txt Each file has the same data format :- Line 1 AAAAA aaaa Line 2 BBB bbbbbb Line 3 CCCC cccccc Etc etc I need to write a... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: grinder182533
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage...sed/awk/reg-exp ..in shell scripting

in shell scripting there is extensive usage of i> regular expression ii>sed iii>awk can anyone tell me the suitable contexts ...i mean which one is suitable for what kind of operation. like the reg-exp and sed seems to be doing the same job..i.e pattern matching (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobydick
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg exp for sed

$ cat file.txt asd <AA>dev <LL>def <RR>sha This works for me: $ sed -r 's/^ .*<LL>def/\t<LL>my/' file.txt asd <AA>dev <LL>my <RR>sha But, this does not work for me: $ sed -r 's/^\s+<LL>def/\t<LL>my/' file.txt asd ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: demoprog
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed query

hi i had posted this earlier.. got no reply !! how to change assigned value in a file using sed suppose the file contains age = 30; how to change it to age =50; i tried sed 's/^age*./age =50;' filename but i am getting the o/p as age =50; 30; plz hlp!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopsman
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help me out reg syb15 query

When i run the below query in syb15 (with syb 12.5.X backward compatibilty) environment it runs 45min where as the same in syb12.5.1 it takes only 7-10min. But the main thing is stld_date(in the below query) does not covered in the index of that table. Also main_table is a huge table. So is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsam
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed query

I have a sed query. There is a line which has tilde and I want to separate this line using sed. The line is: ABP_ETC_ROOT=~xdmadm The query to get this line is: sed -n '/\(.*\)~\(.*\)/p' infile I want to get xdmadm from this line and I am using this sed command: sed -n... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
5 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Sed query

Hello Im fairly familiar with using the sed command for substitution, however I have been passed a script which checks the logged on username and directory type with a sed section which I cant figure out. The sed function has me baffled and I cant find out from the man page what its trying to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: costaanglais
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed for query

Hi all, I am trying to remove quite a lot of numbers for a file I have which looks something along the lines of; 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc I have a list of numbers I want removing looking like; 10000 10987 16572 etc etc and have been trying to run; for id in `cat list` ; do sed -i -e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
8 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with 'nwbpvalues -c'. See util/nwbpsecurity for an example. As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)