Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat SVN subversion performance issue. Post 302203755 by email-lalit on Monday 9th of June 2008 08:02:44 PM
Old 06-09-2008
Thanks reborg for replying.

I will try paravirtualization on one of xen machine and see how it goes?

I found out how to install them.
http://et.redhat.com/~jmh/pv_drivers/PV-Drivers-GDE.pdf

Meanwhile, if anyone have some more way to make SVN performace faster on xen machines.

Please help

I will let you guys know how para-virtualization is working for me or not.

Thanks,
-lalit
Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with Subversion SVN

Hi, I am trtying to install SVN server with Apache. I have already configured apache with SVN modulesh and the same can be seen in the modules directory. -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 34740 Jul 3 13:43 mod_authz_svn.so -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 385133 Jul 3 13:43 mod_dav_svn.so now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

integrating svn (subversion) with vi editor

hi, I have installed subversion in my debian system.and is working properly with authentication. my repository has only one workspace. and many authenticated users edit files in this. my question is simple. can we integrate svn with vi ,so that if anyone edits the file and make any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhusudankh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SVN Subversion Mac Questions

Hello all, I am the owner of a company that just lost it's programmer. Because I am not a programmer, I am trying to see if I can get some assistance setting up the following: Hey - couple questions On the SERVER SVN is kept. Is is maintained under the user USERSERVER The problem is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyoyo777
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions issue with webserver and svn

Update: Please anybody can give some help ? I've an issue with files ownerships. I have a drupal website and the "files" folder needs to be owned by "www-data" in order to let the users to upload files with php. However I'm now using svn and I need all folders and files to be owned by my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Subversion Timestamp Issue

Trying to find out the following strange subversion timestamping issue: - Used $Id$ in my source file and resulted in the following output Check date & time (issue 'date' command) on my local machine, it shows the following: Also check date & time on my subversion server, the time is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanlccc
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How to integrate SVN client to SVN server repository.

Hi, I am new to SVN configuration on Solaris 10.I have installed SVN client version 1.7. bash-3.00# ./svn --version svn, version 1.7.4 (r1295709) compiled Mar 2 2012, 12:59:36 Here my requirement is how to integrate svn client to One of the SVN server repository. My repository... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with svn update using cron job.

I want to update svn code using a nightly job using cron, i have created a job in cron as, 30 17-19 * * 1-5 /home/saprab/svnUpdate.sh <branch> <svnusername> <svnpassword> >> <logfile> 2>&1 svnUpdate.sh : =============== #!/bin/bash branch=$1 svnuser=$2 svnpass=$3 cd ${branch}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavesh.sapra
2 Replies

8. SuSE

SVN(subversion) installation on SLES 11

I had installed svn on SLES 11 using comands: zypper addrepo http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:tools:scm:svn/SLE_11/devel:tools:scm:svn.repo zypper refresh zypper install subversion But when I run svn it gives me error as: linux-uw85:~/Desktop # svn help svn: error while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Svn export issue

Hi all, When i do "svn export <URL of the specific file in svn>" it gives me file which is of older version instead of a file which is of latest or current working version. On the other hand, "svn co <URL of the directory in svn>" It gives me latest version committed files and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnsjw702
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making post down hook script for svn regarding sending emails after an file is committed in svn

Hi Folks , I am asking this question but i apologise please if this is not the correct forum , I have to develop a shell script that i want to place in at hooks/post-commit , that is basically i have to develop a post hook script and the main functionality of that script would be lets say if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsun06060606
0 Replies
UPDATE-BOOTLOADER(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      UPDATE-BOOTLOADER(1)

NAME
update-bootloader - update/change bootloader configuration using Bootloader::Tools perl module SYNOPSIS
update-bootloader [operation] [options] operation is one of --add, --remove or --refresh. valid options are --help, --man, --image <file>, --initrd <file>, --xen-kernel <file>, --xen, --default, --previous, --name <string>, --force, --force-default. DESCRIPTION
update-bootloader will let you modify your bootloader configuration using Bootloader::Tools perl module. OPERATIONS
--add add an new image section. Needs a call to --refresh to take effect. --remove remove the specified image section. Needs a call to --refresh to take effect. --refresh activate the new config e.g. write boot loader to disk PARAMETER
--help Print a brief help message and exits. --man Prints the manual page and exits. --image file specify path to kernel image --initrd file specify path to initrd file --xen specify that you what to add a xen and not a regular image section --xen-kernel file specify that you what to add a xen section with a specific image. Implies --xen option. --default let the new section to be added be the default section if appropriate. Only allowed together with --add operation --previous set some usuable defaults for image, initrd and name when --name string specify the name of the section to be added/removed --force dont complain, just do the right thing --force-default force the new section to be added to be the default section. Only allowed together with --add operation perl v5.12.1 2010-04-22 UPDATE-BOOTLOADER(1)