Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX P520 AIX com port (tty0) settings Post 302203753 by dukessd on Monday 9th of June 2008 07:55:36 PM
Old 06-09-2008
Thanks for posting back ayman metwally.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

console access via serial port - settings

looking for the answer to console port access via 25pin serial. Can i tip in from another unix box for access? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplimarvelous
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RMI Port settings for different users

I have installed an application on AIX 5.3, however when i log in as the application owner i cannot open the RMI Port 1099. If i log in as root i can open the RMI port. Is there a specific setting that determines if a user can open the RMI port? I cannot add this user as part of SYS Admin group. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: speedo
2 Replies

3. AIX

installing aix 5.2 on p520

hello everybody. Has anyone tried to install aix 5.2 on p520 machines. I've been trying but in the installation menu it says, "no disk found". I've used the same CD on a different 520 server and its working fine on it. Can anyone help, please? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: soahel
5 Replies

4. Linux

tty0 keymaps error

Hey. I am trying to upgrade my kernel to 2.6.21.1 and I am having issues. Everything is fine apart from a keymaps issue, and this is stopping me from running X. During startup, I get the error messages: /dev/md0 failed to open crond: failed /dev/tty0 No such file or directory Then, when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie sarah
0 Replies

5. Solaris

ALOM NETMGT port settings (sc/rsc)

Hi, Is it possible to manually set the sc/rsc netmgt port speed and duplex settings, rather than have it auto-negotiate? How do you see what speed the port is currently connected at, from the host side (not from switch or router)? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melias
2 Replies

6. AIX

default settings of security password in AIX

Hi Guy's Just I want to know the default settings of security password in AIX there is some changes happened in my machine when I try to change my password I'm getting this message Changing password for "root" root's New password: a minimum of 1 elapsed week between changes.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
1 Replies

7. AIX

Settings change in aix

Hi Can any one tell the procedure to change the maxpout and minpout settings on AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal emulation settings help rlogin AIX to SCO

I use a program called TinyTerm to access our AIX machine. It works fine except for when I rlogin into our SCO unix server. Backspace doesn't delete, ctrl-c doesn't work (delete key does same thing), and the most annoying thing is vi acts very wierd. I have to press the down arrow like 3 times to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
11 Replies

9. AIX

What are the ideal ulimit settings for root user in AIX?

Hi, what are the ideal/best/recommended ulimit settings for a root user in AIX? I understand that it depends on our environment. But I would like to know...what are settings you guys use in your environment for best performance. default: fsize = 2097151 core = 2097151 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
8 Replies

10. AIX

Is there virc or exrc for saving vi configuration settings in AIX?

There's no Vim in AIX (6 and 7), but Vi is natively available. I want to save my configuration for Vi like `set nu` to number lines in files. I couldn't find configuration related to Vi in /etc/ or /usr/etc/ folders. Please help me with that. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinggis6
4 Replies
emux_stty(1)						      General Commands Manual						      emux_stty(1)

NAME
- set the options for a port on the HP PCI/EISA Mux. SYNOPSIS
options] DESCRIPTION
The command options are used to turn on and off a number of special flags used for controlling driver I/O processing on a PCI/EISA Multi- plexer (Mux) port. These commands are enhancements to the standard commands, and will affect the operation of the port. Several options address problems encountered with software flow control when trying to run at high speeds. This type of problem typically occurs when the application fails to properly initialize the tty port using software flow control. At low speeds (i.e., 9600 baud or less) the problems are not evident because flow control is not typically invoked by the terminal. The HP PCI/EISA Mux card has the ability to output sustained high-speed data without degradation. This will sometimes break programs that may operate properly at low speeds or with lower performance multiplexer cards. Many of the output modes are implemented in the PCI/EISA Mux hardware. This allows greater throughput with less CPU processing overhead than other serial I/O devices. There are some features which are still handled by the line discipline and the use of these features results in traditional CPU overheads and throughput. If is not enabled then maximum output performance will be achieved. Even if is enabled, the following settings are handled in the hardware and maximum output performance will still be maintained. The use of other settings will result in additional software overhead on output characters. Use of "raw" mode on input will also maximize throughput and reduce CPU processing overheads. However, even in raw mode some and settings require line discipline intervention. Applications that want maximum throughput and/or minimal CPU overhead should avoid the following settings: The line discipline also supports the "block mode" feature. When a device is in "block mode", software overhead is introduced to handle the device protocol and the benefits of the PCI/EISA Mux hardware are also mitigated. By default, the PCI/EISA mux driver automatically bypasses the line discipline whenever possible to maximize performance. However, the user can disable this automatic bypass of the line discipline using the and options described later. This may be needed for applications that rely on certain behaviors of the line discipline. The special options permit programs with this problem to be run at high speeds without requiring the application to be modified. The use of these features is transparent to the user. The commands are usually enabled at the terminal using the format: emux_stty [+(-) option] or, they may be entered from the console, and redirected to the port in which they are to take effect. For example, emux_stty [+(-) option] < /dev/tty2a1 See below for the new naming conventions used for HP PCI/EISA Mux ports. DISPLAY OPTIONS
To see the complete list of available options and syntax for the command, enter without options. The commands are: Report the current settings of the emux_stty options. Display the HP PCI/EISA Mux hardware configuration, including the logical card number, ID, slot, and type of the cards that are installed and configured. Use emux_stty dtr 1 to force the DTR control signal high, regardless of the application. (dtr 0 causes a return to the default DTR behav- ior). Ignore (do not ignore) the option, which permits any character to act as an XON character for resuming output. A number of applications enable the feature in the standard profile. This destroys the integrity of software flow control because any user type ahead is erroneously interpreted as an XON after the terminal sends an XOFF. The command is provided to correct the most common application-related problems experienced when running terminals at high speed. NOTE: is transparent to users. It should always be set for terminal speeds above 9600bps when hardware flow con- trol is not used. Ignore (do not ignore) the option, which is used by some applications to disable XON/XOFF software flow control. Setting this option forces the driver to apply XON/XOFF flow control to the port, regardless of whether or not the application has set Enter (exit) physical loopback mode. This is a good test for the wiring and hardware because characters typed at the terminal are echoed back to the terminal. If no characters show up back at the terminal, this may indicate a wiring problem. Do not enter the command directly from a termi- nal. When the terminal is placed in the loopback mode, you are not able to enter any more commands! Powering the terminal off and on does not help. Always redirect the command from the console to the port in question, e.g., entering Lock (unlock) a port's parameters (speed, character size, etc.), so that subsequent commands to the port are ignored (can be executed). Bypass (do not bypass) standard line discipline processing, on either input ( or output ( respectively. These options are provided to support applications which rely on special code embedded in the line discipline, and may have trouble running with the line discipline being bypassed. Force a printer port to stay open even if the application attempts to close it. (-lp returns the port to normal operation). This is useful because the spooler does not always reset the parameters correctly when the port is closed at the end of a print job. After this command is entered any attempts to close the port will be ignored. Display the current status of the RS-232 modem control signals (RTS, CTS, DSR, DCD, DTR, and RI) for a port. Resume output on flow controlled ports. If a port is flow controlled (i.e., it receives an XOFF), the process is put to sleep until an XON is received to unblock the process and permits it to be killed. This option can only be executed by a user with root capability, since it accesses a privileged file. To restart port /dev/tty2a1, enter the command NOTE: The device file name must contain only the instance number, port module and port number when used with the option. Display the hardware status registers of a port. This option can only be executed by a user with root capability, since it accesses a privileged file. To display the hardware status registers for port /dev/tty2a1, enter the command NOTE: The device file name must contain only the instance number, port module and port number. Forces a port to honor and pass (not pass) XON/XOFF software flow control, until the port is closed, or the option is disabled. This is useful for applications that need to see XON/XOFF characters. NAMING CONVENTION
HP PCI/EISA Mux ports use the following syntax for naming device files: where categoties are: tty = direct connect ttyd = modem dial-in cul = modem dial-out cua = modem dial-out with automatic caller; refers to a device instance number; refers to a port module whose legal range is 'a' to 'h'; and refers to a port number whose legal range is 1 to 16. SEE ALSO
emux_diag(1M), stty(1), termio(7), modem(7). emux_stty(1)