Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat SVN subversion performance issue. Post 302203738 by email-lalit on Monday 9th of June 2008 05:42:07 PM
Old 06-09-2008
Thanks Mark replying to my thread. Smilie

I used the command ttcp and here is the result

ttcp -r -s
ttcp-r: buflen=8192, nbuf=2048, align=16384/0, port=5001
ttcp-r: sockbufsndsize=16384, sockbufrcvsize=87380, sockbufsize=51882, # tcp #
ttcp-r: accept from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
ttcp-r: 16777216 bytes in 0.161 real seconds = 101806.342 KB/sec +++
ttcp-r: 2235 I/O calls, msec/call = 0.074, calls/sec = 13887.767
ttcp-r: 0.000user 0.048sys 0:00real 23% 0i+0d 0maxrss 0+2pf 30

Transmition rate looks good to me.

So how i can enable para virtualization on my presently running Xen machine??
It is a rpm package i have to install on Xen machines?

Please help.
-lalit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with Subversion SVN

Hi, I am trtying to install SVN server with Apache. I have already configured apache with SVN modulesh and the same can be seen in the modules directory. -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 34740 Jul 3 13:43 mod_authz_svn.so -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 385133 Jul 3 13:43 mod_dav_svn.so now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

integrating svn (subversion) with vi editor

hi, I have installed subversion in my debian system.and is working properly with authentication. my repository has only one workspace. and many authenticated users edit files in this. my question is simple. can we integrate svn with vi ,so that if anyone edits the file and make any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhusudankh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SVN Subversion Mac Questions

Hello all, I am the owner of a company that just lost it's programmer. Because I am not a programmer, I am trying to see if I can get some assistance setting up the following: Hey - couple questions On the SERVER SVN is kept. Is is maintained under the user USERSERVER The problem is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyoyo777
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions issue with webserver and svn

Update: Please anybody can give some help ? I've an issue with files ownerships. I have a drupal website and the "files" folder needs to be owned by "www-data" in order to let the users to upload files with php. However I'm now using svn and I need all folders and files to be owned by my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Subversion Timestamp Issue

Trying to find out the following strange subversion timestamping issue: - Used $Id$ in my source file and resulted in the following output Check date & time (issue 'date' command) on my local machine, it shows the following: Also check date & time on my subversion server, the time is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanlccc
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How to integrate SVN client to SVN server repository.

Hi, I am new to SVN configuration on Solaris 10.I have installed SVN client version 1.7. bash-3.00# ./svn --version svn, version 1.7.4 (r1295709) compiled Mar 2 2012, 12:59:36 Here my requirement is how to integrate svn client to One of the SVN server repository. My repository... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with svn update using cron job.

I want to update svn code using a nightly job using cron, i have created a job in cron as, 30 17-19 * * 1-5 /home/saprab/svnUpdate.sh <branch> <svnusername> <svnpassword> >> <logfile> 2>&1 svnUpdate.sh : =============== #!/bin/bash branch=$1 svnuser=$2 svnpass=$3 cd ${branch}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavesh.sapra
2 Replies

8. SuSE

SVN(subversion) installation on SLES 11

I had installed svn on SLES 11 using comands: zypper addrepo http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:tools:scm:svn/SLE_11/devel:tools:scm:svn.repo zypper refresh zypper install subversion But when I run svn it gives me error as: linux-uw85:~/Desktop # svn help svn: error while... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Svn export issue

Hi all, When i do "svn export <URL of the specific file in svn>" it gives me file which is of older version instead of a file which is of latest or current working version. On the other hand, "svn co <URL of the directory in svn>" It gives me latest version committed files and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnsjw702
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making post down hook script for svn regarding sending emails after an file is committed in svn

Hi Folks , I am asking this question but i apologise please if this is not the correct forum , I have to develop a shell script that i want to place in at hooks/post-commit , that is basically i have to develop a post hook script and the main functionality of that script would be lets say if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsun06060606
0 Replies
pure-authd(8)							     Pure-FTPd							     pure-authd(8)

NAME
pure-authd - External authentication agent for Pure-FTPd. SYNTAX
pure-authd [-p </path/to/pidfile>] [-u uid] [-g gid] [-B] <-s /path/to/socket> -r /program/to/run DESCRIPTION
pure-authd is a daemon that forks an authentication program, waits for an authentication reply, and feed them to an application server. pure-authd listens to a local Unix socket. A new connection to that socket should feed pure-authd the following structure : account:xxx password:xxx localhost:xxx localport:xxx peer:xxx end (replace xxx with appropriate values) . localhost, localport and peer are numeric IP addresses and ports. peer is the IP address of the remote client. These arguments are passed to the authentication program, as environment variables : AUTHD_ACCOUNT AUTHD_PASSWORD AUTHD_LOCAL_IP AUTHD_LOCAL_PORT AUTHD_REMOTE_IP AUTHD_ENCRYPTED The authentication program should take appropriate actions to fetch account info according to these arguments, and reply to the standard output a structure like the following one : auth_ok:1 uid:42 gid:21 dir:/home/j end auth_ok:xxx If xxx is 0, the user was not found (the next authentication method passed to pure-ftpd will be tried) . If xxx is -1, the user was found, but there was a fatal authentication error : user is root, password is wrong, account has expired, etc (next authentication methods will not be tried) . If xxx is 1, the user was found and successfully authenticated. uid:xxx The system uid to be assigned to that user. Must be > 0. gid:xxx The primary system gid. Must be > 0. dir:xxx The absolute path to the home directory. Can contain /./ for a chroot jail. slow_tilde_expansion:xxx (optional, default is 1) When the command 'cd ~user' is issued, it's handy to go to that user's home directory, as expected in a shell environment. But fetching account info can be an expensive operation for non-system accounts. If xxx is 0, 'cd ~user' will expand to the system user home directory. If xxx is 1, 'cd ~user' won't expand. You should use 1 in most cases with external authentication, when your FTP users don't match system users. You can also set xxx to 1 if you're using slow nss_* system authentication modules. throttling_bandwidth_ul:xxx (optional) The allocated bandwidth for uploads, in bytes per second. throttling_bandwidth_dl:xxx (optional) The allocated bandwidth for downloads, in bytes per second. user_quota_size:xxx (optional) The maximal total size for this account, in bytes. user_quota_files:xxx (optional) The maximal number of files for this account. ratio_upload:xxx (optional) radio_download:xxx (optional) The user must match a ratio_upload:ratio_download ratio. Only one authentication program is forked at a time. It must return quickly. OPTIONS
-u <uid> Have the daemon run with that uid. -g <gid> Have the daemon run with that gid. -B Fork in background (daemonization). -s </path/to/socket> Set the full path to the local Unix socket. -R </path/to/program> Set the full path to the authentication program. -h Output help information and exit. EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: pure-authd -s /var/run/ftpd.sock -r /usr/bin/my-auth-program & pure-ftpd -lextauth:/var/run/ftpd.sock & /usr/bin/my-auth-program can be as simple as : #! /bin/sh echo 'auth_ok:1' echo 'uid:42' echo 'gid:21' echo 'dir:/home/j' echo 'end' AUTHORS
Frank DENIS <j at pureftpd dot org> SEE ALSO
ftp(1), pure-ftpd(8) pure-ftpwho(8) pure-mrtginfo(8) pure-uploadscript(8) pure-statsdecode(8) pure-pw(8) pure-quotacheck(8) pure-authd(8) RFC 959, RFC 2389, RFC 2228 and RFC 2428. Pure-FTPd team 1.0.36 pure-authd(8)