Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to use ${?} and system() function??? Post 302203550 by fpmurphy on Monday 9th of June 2008 06:14:44 AM
Old 06-09-2008
Quote:
Could anyone let me know the syntax of system() function and '${?}' commands??
man system

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

system() function call...

Hi, Though I should check this myself.. but I don't have a cc compiler at this time.. :( When I compile a c program containing say system(myshell.sh).. do the executable require that the actual script myshell.sh to be present whenever it executes? I guess it needs.. otherwise I can just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishnu
1 Replies

2. Programming

system function in c

Hai Friends I have used the function system() to execute a command. My requirement is that i have to list the files in a directory applying some wildcard paterns. For example if i want to list *.c files i go with the function system("ls *.c"); and the output gets printed on the monitor.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: collins
1 Replies

3. Solaris

System() and <stdlib.h> function , Pleeeeeeez Help !

Hi, guys ,, I want to know the implementation of System() function in C Unix, and its prototype definition: int system(const char * string) in the header file <stdlib.h> ??! please help me ! because that is part of my project !! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: someone33
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System() function in <stdlib.h>

Hi, guys ,, I want to know the implementation of System() function in C Unix, and its prototype definition: int system(const char * string) in the header file <stdlib.h> ??! please help me ! because that is part of my project !! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: someone33
0 Replies

5. Programming

alternatives of exec() system function

Hi , Can anybody name any System Function in C/C++ for Sun-Solaris (unix) platform which can serve the alternative of execl() system function. Actually I am calling a fork-execl() pair and then making an interprocess communication between these two(parent-child process). But the problem is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Kumar Arora
3 Replies

6. Programming

Question about the system() function in C

Hello all ! Could someone throw some light on whether there's a limit to the number of characters contained in the command string that is passed to the system() call in C. Is it OS dependent? If yes, what are the limits for each? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsanjit
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use system function in awk

Could any one tell me how to use the system function in awk? I want to use it to print the system date. I have been trying like this : yes |head -1|awk '{ system("date")}' When I execute the above it always returns back to the prompt. Your help would be much appreciated. regards,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_ksv
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using system function in C

Hi Guys , I want to use system function in C to do the following work. cp <file1> <file2> and then ><file1> e,g cp \var\log\cpm_cpmd_1.log.1 \var\log\cpm_cpmd_1.log.2 and then >\var\log\cpm_cpmd_1.log.1 1. g_config_info.cpmm_config.cpm_log_path=\var\log\ 2. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meet123321
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help using SYSTEM function in NAWK

I am scanning a file (line by line) for format errors. A line could have multiple errors. Each field in the line is evaluated for errors and sent, along w/ any error messages, to a temporary file. Finally, if any errors were detected, this temporary file is then appended to the errorFile. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aschera
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

System function in awk

Hello Friends, I have written a script like below, I aimed to move some CDR files (call data record) whose the last field is "1" (NF=1 ) from a spesific directory to a new directory Field Seperator is pipe. If the directory does not exitst i should create it. I will give the script two... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
5 Replies
GLFRAMEBUFFERRENDERB(3G)					    OpenGL 3.3						  GLFRAMEBUFFERRENDERB(3G)

NAME
glFramebufferRenderbuffer - attach a renderbuffer as a logical buffer to the currently bound framebuffer object C SPECIFICATION
GLsync glFramebufferRenderbuffer(GLenum target, GLenum attachment, GLenum renderbuffertarget, GLuint renderbuffer); PARAMETERS
target Specifies the framebuffer target. target must be GL_DRAW_FRAMEBUFFER, GL_READ_FRAMEBUFFER, or GL_FRAMEBUFFER. GL_FRAMEBUFFER is equivalent to GL_DRAW_FRAMEBUFFER. attachment Specifies the attachment point of the framebuffer. renderbuffertarget Specifies the renderbuffer target and must be GL_RENDERBUFFER. renderbuffer Specifies the name of an existing renderbuffer object of type renderbuffertarget to attach. DESCRIPTION
glFramebufferRenderbuffer attaches a renderbuffer as one of the logical buffers of the currently bound framebuffer object. renderbuffer is the name of the renderbuffer object to attach and must be either zero, or the name of an existing renderbuffer object of type renderbuffertarget. If renderbuffer is not zero and if glFramebufferRenderbuffer is successful, then the renderbuffer name renderbuffer will be used as the logical buffer identified by attachment of the framebuffer currently bound to target. The value of GL_FRAMEBUFFER_ATTACHMENT_OBJECT_TYPE for the specified attachment point is set to GL_RENDERBUFFER and the value of GL_FRAMEBUFFER_ATTACHMENT_OBJECT_NAME is set to renderbuffer. All other state values of the attachment point specified by attachment are set to their default values. No change is made to the state of the renderbuuffer object and any previous attachment to the attachment logical buffer of the framebuffer target is broken. Calling glFramebufferRenderbuffer with the renderbuffer name zero will detach the image, if any, identified by attachment, in the framebuffer currently bound to target. All state values of the attachment point specified by attachment in the object bound to target are set to their default values. Setting attachment to the value GL_DEPTH_STENCIL_ATTACHMENT is a special case causing both the depth and stencil attachments of the framebuffer object to be set to renderbuffer, which should have the base internal format GL_DEPTH_STENCIL. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if target is not one of the accepted tokens. GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if renderbuffertarget is not GL_RENDERBUFFER. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if zero is bound to target. SEE ALSO
glGenFramebuffers(), glBindFramebuffer(), glGenRenderbuffers(), glFramebufferTexture(), glFramebufferTexture1D(), glFramebufferTexture2D(), glFramebufferTexture3D() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. OpenGL 3.3 03/08/2011 GLFRAMEBUFFERRENDERB(3G)