Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Whe trying to start sendmail i getting following error Post 302203524 by era on Monday 9th of June 2008 04:30:31 AM
Old 06-09-2008
It complains because the permissions are insecure, not because they are too tight. You need to set them to something like 400. chmod 777 is basically never correct, anyway.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail error :-(

Hi all, My problem is on : SunOS "MY_HOSTNAME" 5.7 Generic_106541-14 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60 I get the following message on the console login screen: sendmail: MAA 23665: SYSERR: putoutmsg (NO-HOST): error on output channel sending "550 none...User unknown": I/O error. Does anyone... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail error

I have faced the following error : Feb 8 11:56:10 test sendmail: unable to qualify my own domain name (test) -- using short name I searched the forum and tested the required in the posts , but it doesn't work ... I have changed the IP and local host in /etc/hosts to be as follows : ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atiato
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting some error periodically - sendmail

Hi all, When ever i open unix, periodically after every 3 minutes(approximately) i get the below error. "Dec 29 23:56:01 "domain name" sendmail: unable to qualify my own domain name ("domain name") -- using short name". This is interrupting me while writing a program. Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshbharadwaj
2 Replies

4. Linux

Sendmail takes too long to start and the host is unable to send emails

Hello All, Sendmail takes too long to start and the host is unable to send emails, below are the steps followed, Please let me know if I'm missing anything, is there a debug mode for mailx? # time service sendmail restart Shutting down sm-client: Shutting... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

opensuse 12.1 - dual sendmail service start

Hi there! A bit of a background: I am running an opensuse 11.3 box for fetching mails, scanning them for viruses and spam with amavis and deliver them to the user mailboxes in a dual sendmail daemon configuration: fetchmail -> sendmail-1 -> amavis -> sendmail-2 -> Exchange. Everything is just... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lpacor
0 Replies

6. SuSE

Hi there! A bit of a background: I am running an opensuse 11.3 box for fetching mails, scanning them for viruses and spam with amavis and deliver them to the user mailboxes in a dual sendmail daemon configuration: fetchmail -> sendmail-1 -> amavis -> sendmail-2 -> Exchange. Everything is... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi there! A bit of a background: I am running an opensuse 11.3 box for fetching mails, scanning them for viruses and spam with amavis and deliver them to the user mailboxes in a dual sendmail daemon configuration: fetchmail -> sendmail-1 -> amavis -> sendmail-2 -> Exchange. Everything is... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

sendmail error

Hi, Need help here in sendmail error encountered # tail /var/log/maillog Aug 18 16:36:01 dot-123-my-server sendmail: q7IKa1GJ001123: to=<munin@dot-123-my-server>, ctladdr=<munin@dot-123-my-server> (101/102), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local, pri=30898, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent Aug... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: edwin rosales
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail error message

Hi i am having a probleme with my sendmail server. using it as a mta to send out email. keem on getting this error message back. ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <XXX@XXXX.co.za> (reason: 554 Denied (Mode: normal)) ----- Transcript of session... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakie
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Sendmail Error

Hello, we have a mailserver named vision.mailhost.com 192.168.10.10 ( solaris 10) We have an test server named visionway 192.168.10.5 ( solaris 10) we want to run a cron job on test server and send an email if the cronjob fails Question is how does the test server sendmail know the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nimika
1 Replies
CGCONFIGPARSER(8)						 libcgroup Manual						 CGCONFIGPARSER(8)

NAME
cgconfigparser - setup control group file system SYNOPSIS
cgconfigparser [-h] [-l <filename>] [-L <directory>] [...] OPTIONS
-h, --help Displays help. -l, --load=FILE Parses the control groups configuration file Sets up the control group file system defined by the configuration file and mounts mount points defined by the configuration file. The format of the file is described in cgconfig.conf. This option can be used mul- tiple times and can be mixed with -L option. -L, --load-directory=DIR Finds all files in given directory and parses them in alphabetical order like they were specified by -l option. This option can be used multiple times and can be mixed with -l option. -a <agid>:<auid> defines the default owner of the rest of the defined control group's files. These users are allowed to set subsystem parameters and create subgroups. The default value is the same as has the parent cgroup. -d, --dperm=mode sets the default permissions of a control groups directory. The permissions needs to be specified as octal numbers e.g. -d 775. -f, --fperm=mode sets the default permissions of the control group files. The permissions needs to be specified as octal numbers e.g. -f 775. The value is not used as given because the current owner's permissions are used as an umask (so 777 will set group and others permis- sions to the owners permissions). -s, --tperm=mode sets the default permissions of the control group tasks files. The permissions needs to be specified as octal numbers e.g. -f 775. The value is not used as given because the current owner's permissions are used as an umask (so 777 will set group and others per- missions to the owners permissions). -t <tuid>:<tgid> defines the default owner of tasks file of the defined control group. I.e. this user and members of this group have write access to the file. SEE ALSO
cgconfig.conf (5) Linux 2009-03-16 CGCONFIGPARSER(8)