Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: G++ Linker Error
Operating Systems Linux G++ Linker Error Post 302203483 by ASRRAJ on Monday 9th of June 2008 02:54:35 AM
Old 06-09-2008
G++ Linker Error

Hi All,

I m new to this group.
I m facing one problem during my linking of CPP code at Linux env.
after compliation i m getting error

"undefined reference to ....."

Please anyone help me to resolve this error.

Regards,
ASR

make[1]: Leaving directory /fwk'
echo g++ -o server Main.o -L. -L./lib -lfwk -L/opt/ACE_wrappers/lib -lACE -L/opt/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao -lTAO -lTAO_PortableServer -L/opt/ACE_wrappers/TAO/orbsvcs/orbsvcs -lTAO_CosNaming -lpthread
g++ -o server Main.o -L. -L./lib -lfwk -L/opt/ACE_wrappers/lib -lACE -L/opt/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao -lTAO -lTAO_PortableServer -L/opt/ACE_wrappers/TAO/orbsvcs/orbsvcs -lTAO_CosNaming -lpthread
g++ -o server Main.o -L. -L./lib -lfwk -L/opt/ACE_wrappers/lib -lACE -L/opt/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao -lTAO -lTAO_PortableServer -L/opt/ACE_wrappers/TAO/orbsvcs/orbsvcs -lTAO_CosNaming -lpthread
./lib/libfwk.a(ComChannel.o): In function `ComChannel::getRemoteAddr(MibCommAddress&)':
/home/wolf/Server/RMS-working/fwk/ComChannel.cpp:156: undefined reference to `ComChannelStream<ACE_SOCK_Stream, ACE_INET_Addr>:Smilieeer()'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linker (ld)

hai I have installed Linux 7.0 on my system and i have an doubt the linker i ran simple hello.c program with gcc compiler gcc -c hello.c i want linker to produce the output so i put on the command line as ld first.o -lc but it is not running ver properly but there is an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
1 Replies

2. Programming

CC LInker Error UNIX Sun Solaris

Hi Together, while compiling my program with CC I get the following Error message from the Linker: Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nik
2 Replies

3. Programming

Linker error when using vector's

using SUN C++ I have a problem when I do a push_back on a vector. The linker gives me a undefined symbol error on __cxa_end_catch. Any ideas, is there a library to include? Thanks Chris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CDurkin
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

dynamic linker error

Hi All Could anyone help in giving a little background to the following runtime error. /usr/lib/pa20_64/dld.sl: Mmap failed due to errno: 13. Seen when executing a 64-bit ELF executable. Thanks Ed (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: C3000
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LD linker define symbol

Hi, I want to define a symbol in my code as: extern int Address; and then I'd like to define the symbol value in linker (ld) script file, so each time I change the hardware, I don't need to redefine the value in code, just use different linker script. I've gone through ld reference and didn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lzwierko
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Hp-ux linker option -c

Hi, The necessary symbols in a shared library can be exported to the application using linker option --version-script in Linux. The same can be done in Hp-ux using linker option +e. This can also be done by listing all the global symbols with +e in a file with linker option ld -c filename in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopa_v
0 Replies

7. Programming

gcc linker address

Hai, I have two (Pgm1.c and Pgm2.c) simple programs, which is compiled using gcc. Now we have two exe's (Pgm1 and Pgm2). When i executed the nm Pgm1 and nm Pgm2, in the listed symbols the address of main is same for both programs (08048344 T main) at run time also. Doubt: 1) What is this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajamohan
3 Replies

8. Solaris

runtime linker errors

Hey guys I have a solaris 10 OS, with a zone configured. In that zone, I am trying to install an Oracle Client. However, when I run the oracle installer, I get the following error: ld.so.1: java: fatal: libexpat.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory ld.so.1: java: fatal:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodvikings
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Runtime Linker Problems ld.so.1

Hello all, I am releatively new to Solaris and I am the System administrator for my branch at the FAA. This is the first time I can say I have really messed something up thankfully. My issue came up after installing and uninstalling Oracle Secure Backup which i felt I needed to do a clean... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbirkes
7 Replies
PLBIN(3plplot)							    PLplot API							    PLBIN(3plplot)

NAME
plbin - Plot a histogram from binned data SYNOPSIS
plbin(nbin, x, y, opt) DESCRIPTION
Plots a histogram consisting of nbin bins. The value associated with the i'th bin is placed in x[i], and the number of points in the bin is placed in y[i]. For proper operation, the values in x[i] must form a strictly increasing sequence. By default, x[i] is the left-hand edge of the i'th bin. If opt=PL_BIN_CENTRED is used, the bin boundaries are placed midway between the values in the x array. Also see plhist(3plplot) for drawing histograms from unbinned data. Redacted form: General: plbin(x, y, opt) Perl/PDL: plbin(nbin, x, y, opt) Python: plbin(nbin, x, y, opt) This function is not used in any examples. ARGUMENTS
nbin (PLINT, input) Number of bins (i.e., number of values in x and y arrays.) x (PLFLT *, input) Pointer to array containing values associated with bins. These must form a strictly increasing sequence. y (PLFLT *, input) Pointer to array containing number of points in bin. This is a PLFLT (instead of PLINT) array so as to allow histograms of proba- bilities, etc. opt (PLINT, input) Is a combination of several flags: opt=PL_BIN_DEFAULT: The x represent the lower bin boundaries, the outer bins are expanded to fill up the entire x-axis and bins of zero height are simply drawn. opt=PL_BIN_CENTRED|...: The bin boundaries are to be midway between the x values. If the values in x are equally spaced, the values are the center values of the bins. opt=PL_BIN_NOEXPAND|...: The outer bins are drawn with equal size as the ones inside. opt=PL_BIN_NOEMPTY|...: Bins with zero height are not drawn (there is a gap for such bins). AUTHORS
Geoffrey Furnish and Maurice LeBrun wrote and maintain PLplot. This man page was automatically generated from the DocBook source of the PLplot documentation, maintained by Alan W. Irwin and Rafael Laboissiere. SEE ALSO
PLplot documentation at http://plplot.sourceforge.net/resources. August, 2012 PLBIN(3plplot)