Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Compiling multiple cpp files (abstract factory pattern) Post 302203296 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 7th of June 2008 08:17:02 PM
Old 06-07-2008
let's start with this:
Code:
g++  file1.cpp file2.cpp file3.cpp -o myprogram

The order may be important in terms of external symbols being defined. ld works from left to right. SO -- if an external symbol in file1 also needs symbols in file2, you have a problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Compiling kernel mnodule spanning multiple files

Hello i guys i have a kernel module which has a list.c library I have one file mod.c (the main kernel module) and one list.c (which is the library) Could you please help me with the following questions .. 1) Is a header file needed (list.h) to be included in the mod.c ? 2) do we need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling multiple ".c" files starting with xxx

Hello, I am trying to figure out how I can write a bashscript that compiles several ".c" files that start with xxx (example: xxx_try.c and xxx_that.c) So I want to compile all these files with a bash script. Anyone can help pls? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freak79
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert all *. c files to *.cpp files in a directory

Hiiiii.... how to convert all *. c files to *.cpp files , in a directory given using shell script. :pThnaking u.:p (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnampkkm
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching across multiple files if pattern is available in all files searched

I have a list of pattern in a file, I want each of these pattern been searched from 4 files. I was wondering this can be done in SED / AWK. say my 4 files to be searched are > cat f1 abc/x(12) 1 abc/x 3 cde 2 zzz 3 fdf 4 > cat f2 fdf 4 cde 3 abc 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice_man
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling multiple files

Hey there,hope you are all well. Actually i am trying to compile two .c files with gcc in unix and i also have one .txt and one .h..How do i compine them alltogether in order for my program to run? I will have to do gcc -o myprog myprog1.c myprog2.c and then how i will use myprog with the .txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aeria Gloris
1 Replies

6. Web Development

<Apache>error when compiling CPP modules

Hi, I am working on Linux Platform. I am just trying to port a CPP module to apache as a module. When I try to build the Apache , it throws an error as follows libtool: unrecognized option `-DLINUX=2' Later I did some search and changed the config_vars.mk file under the "build" directory of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashabb
0 Replies

7. Programming

C++ abstract (singleton) factory implementation...

I want to create an abstract factory template which will allow me to pass in an "ID" for a subclass and return the singleton instance of that class stored in the factory. It'd be easy to adapt for "multi-ton", but for its present use this isn't necessary. The requirements are: - I don't want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
2 Replies

8. Programming

Error with shared lIBMpi.so.1 when compiling CPP program

Hello, Met a problem when compiling a C++ program from source code without error, but when ran it there was always an error message: ./Ray: error while loading shared libraries: libmpi_cxx.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directoryAs the error points to openmpi which was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error in compiling .cpp file

I get this error, defaults.cpp: In member function ‘int Defaults::GetIntDefault(const std::string&)’: defaults.cpp:68: error: ‘atoi’ was not declared in this scope defaults.cpp: In member function ‘real_t Defaults::GetRealDefault(const std::string&)’: defaults.cpp:76: error: ‘atof’ was not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bstephens
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern search multiple files

#!/usr/bin/ksh a="Run successfully" cd $APPS ls -l *.txt | while read $txt do if then cp $APPS/$txt cp $hist/$txt else rm $APPS/$txt echo "Files has been removed" fi done New in shell script please help me out Around 100 txt files in $APPS dir i want to search pattern from... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalia
8 Replies
MERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MERGE(1)

NAME
merge - three-way file merge SYNOPSIS
merge [ options ] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
merge incorporates all changes that lead from file2 to file3 into file1. The result ordinarily goes into file1. merge is useful for com- bining separate changes to an original. Suppose file2 is the original, and both file1 and file3 are modifications of file2. Then merge combines both changes. A conflict occurs if both file1 and file3 have changes in a common segment of lines. If a conflict is found, merge normally outputs a warning and brackets the conflict with and lines. A typical conflict will look like this: file A lines in file A ======= lines in file B file B If there are conflicts, the user should edit the result and delete one of the alternatives. OPTIONS
-A Output conflicts using the -A style of diff3(1), if supported by diff3. This merges all changes leading from file2 to file3 into file1, and generates the most verbose output. -E, -e These options specify conflict styles that generate less information than -A. See diff3(1) for details. The default is -E. With -e, merge does not warn about conflicts. -L label This option may be given up to three times, and specifies labels to be used in place of the corresponding file names in conflict reports. That is, merge -L x -L y -L z a b c generates output that looks like it came from files x, y and z instead of from files a, b and c. -p Send results to standard output instead of overwriting file1. -q Quiet; do not warn about conflicts. -V Print version number. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is 0 for no conflicts, 1 for some conflicts, 2 for trouble. IDENTIFICATION
Author: Walter F. Tichy. Manual Page Revision: ; Release Date: . Copyright (C) 1982, 1988, 1989 Walter F. Tichy. Copyright (C) 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 Paul Eggert. SEE ALSO
diff3(1), diff(1), rcsmerge(1), co(1). BUGS
It normally does not make sense to merge binary files as if they were text, but merge tries to do it anyway. GNU MERGE(1)