Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting csh failing to call an 2 embedded csh script Post 302203275 by pollsizer on Saturday 7th of June 2008 01:22:28 PM
Old 06-07-2008
Update:

So, it turns out that the executable that was failing is a symbolic link to the real executable located on another disk on our cluster. This symbolic link and the real exe still had full read,write and exec permissions so I'm not sure why this didn't work.

However, end of story - copying the exe to the disk that I was calling it from fixes the problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling C from within a csh script

After I compile a C program, when I run it from a C shell script, it does not print out the results. e.g: myCFile.c: main(){printf("Hey");} myCshScript: myCFile This does not output "Hey" to the terminal window. I am not even sure if it is executed or not. What should I do to see the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: barisgultekin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call awk in a csh Program

Hi Friends, Could you pleas help me out.. I have an awk program which works fine while running it in the command prompt. The awk program is =============== awk 'BEGIN { format="head -%d M2_Sales_N01.txt |tail -%d >M2_Sales_N01_%02d.txt\n" n=0 m=0 } { if (n==0) { tmp=$1 n=1 }... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikas_jena
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with csh script

Hi All, I have the following script. #!/bin/csh # # createDATfile.sh # cd /export/home/fastserv/bin source /export/home/fastserv/bin/dbenv.sh echo `date` >> /export/home/fastserv/bin/log.txt echo "%INF% Starting send of current FASTSERVICE batch" >>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple CSH script

Hi everyone, I have never wrote script in csh before, but I need to add only few lines to an existing one. I tried to use the bash standard syntax, and it did not work. So, I attempted to use csh syntax, and it is not working. Can someone help please: switch ( $Return_Code ) case 0:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple csh script

Hi This little script is giving me error: Syntax error at line xxx : `(' is not expected. Wgat did I miss? RC=0 switch ( $RC ) case 0: echo Done breaksw case -1: echo not done breaksw default: echo "Hello" endsw (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with csh script

Ok I asked something similar earlier with no response, so maybe I didn't word it correctly. I'm new at this, so thank you for your help. Here's what I have right now. ---------------------------- > cat MySourceFile #!/bin/csh echo "Please Enter Value For My_Env_Var:" set answer = $< ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MMorrison
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh script help

Hey I am brand new to this forum and scripting. I have several documents (1000+) all formated exactly the same. Each document contains 97 lines. I want to pull 3 lines from the documents to populate a file. These 3 lines are line number 9, 24, and 58. Ok my questions: Instead of using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: david6789
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Csh script

Hey all, I've only just started using UNIX coding on my Masters project, so am still learning!! The script I've been writing is literally just for me to get used to writing it and seeing what I can do with some data I've been given. I'm trying to write a script, where the penultimate line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: southernlight
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Understanding someone else's csh script...

Hello all. I suspect this will be a simple case for an experienced csh scripter, but google is getting me nowhere on this one. I'm trying to get someone else's set of scripts to work for me, and it's choking when the following script gets called: #! /bin/csh if (x$1 == x) then echo ' you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EinsteinMcfly
1 Replies

10. Programming

Csh script and tcl

I have csh script and call tck command but it do nothing. can you help me? I only can see it echo #!/bin/csh -f set mypath = `pwd` echo $mypath if ($mypath =~ *PLL*) then echo "source ../PreBoot.qel" else if ($mypath !~ *PLL*) then echo "source ../hdfuse.qel" endif if i remove... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabercats
1 Replies
LNDIR(1)						      General Commands Manual							  LNDIR(1)

NAME
lndir - create a shadow directory of symbolic links to another directory tree SYNOPSIS
lndir [ -silent ] [ -ignorelinks ] [ -withrevinfo ] fromdir [ todir ] DESCRIPTION
The lndir program makes a shadow copy todir of a directory tree fromdir, except that the shadow is not populated with real files but instead with symbolic links pointing at the real files in the fromdir directory tree. This is usually useful for maintaining source code for different machine architectures. You create a shadow directory containing links to the real source, which you will have usually mounted from a remote machine. You can build in the shadow tree, and the object files will be in the shadow directory, while the source files in the shadow directory are just symlinks to the real files. This scheme has the advantage that if you update the source, you need not propagate the change to the other architectures by hand, since all source in all shadow directories are symlinks to the real thing: just cd to the shadow directory and recompile away. The todir argument is optional and defaults to the current directory. The fromdir argument may be relative (e.g., ../src) and is relative to todir (not the current directory). Note that BitKeeper, RCS, SCCS, .svn, CVS and CVS.adm directories are shadowed only if the -withrevinfo flag is specified. If you add files, simply run lndir again. New files will be silently added. Old files will be checked that they have the correct link. Deleting files is a more painful problem; the symlinks will just point into never never land. If a file in fromdir is a symbolic link, lndir will make the same link in todir rather than making a link back to the (symbolic link) entry in fromdir. The -ignorelinks flag changes this behavior. OPTIONS
-silent Normally lndir outputs the name of each subdirectory as it descends into it. The -silent option suppresses these status messages. -ignorelinks Causes the program to not treat symbolic links in fromdir specially. The link created in todir will point back to the corresponding (symbolic link) file in fromdir. If the link is to a directory, this is almost certainly the wrong thing. This option exists mostly to emulate the behavior the C version of lndir had in X11R6. Its use is not recommended. -withrevinfo Causes any BitKeeper, RCS, SCCS, .svn, CVS and CVS.adm subdirectories to be treated as any other directory, rather than ignored. DIAGNOSTICS
The program displays the name of each subdirectory it enters, followed by a colon. The -silent option suppresses these messages. A warning message is displayed if the symbolic link cannot be created. The usual problem is that a regular file of the same name already exists. If the link already exists but doesn't point to the correct file, the program prints the link name and the location where it does point. X Version 11 lndir 1.0.1 LNDIR(1)