Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Problem installing perlcc in fedora 9 Post 302203221 by viveksnv on Saturday 7th of June 2008 01:08:55 AM
Old 06-07-2008
Problem installing perlcc in fedora 9

Hi guys

i installed fedora 9 in my system.

i installed perl-devel rpm and perl-5.10.0 rpm.

But perlcc not in /usr/bin/ directory.But perl,perldoc binaris installed.

i am new one for linux.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

installing Fedora Core 3 - is it always this hard?

Hiya all RE: My previous post on installing FC-3. on a more serious note.... Is it always this much of a pain to install? Or do I have a knackered CD drive? (When it did the Cd scan at the start of the install - all 4 scanned fine 1st time tho....) Please advise... as I'm thinking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Fedora Core 4

Hello, I am about to install Fedora on a partition on my hard drive. I got the CD from a magazine and it isnt a LiveCD so the magazine says "fedora core installer isn't a LiveCD, so it will merrily destroy your primary partition when you install on your machine", now I'm guessing the primary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArkNia
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help installing fedora core 5

Hello I'm trying to install fedora core 5 and I'm currently at this screen here: http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/fedora-install-guide-en/fc5/figs/installingpackages.png However, the bottom bar is completely gray and there's nothing telling me the "status" of the install. I also told it to format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: obeseogre
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Fedora Core 2 Problems

I am very new at learning Linux/Unix so please bear with me. I am taking a Unix course and I had to install Fedora Core 2 on my laptop PC using Microsoft Virtual PC software. After installing the virtual PC software, I installed the fedora cd's that came with the course. My problem is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newby
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

installing mrouted in fedora core

hello; i'm trying to install mrouted-3.9b3-1.i386.rpm in my fedora core 5. but, when i execute the rpm i always have an error message like "this file is no a rpm package"!!!!! can anyone help me? thanks:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalil smail
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

help with installing java EE on fedora 14

Hi Forum Im a new to fedora and was wondering ,Can anybody direct me to a site that shows me how to install Java EE 6 SDK Update 1 (with JDK 6 Update 23) for fedora 14. NOT openjdk i need oracles java to develop a web app using tomcat 7.0 Any help would be much appreciated and thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ShinTec
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

help regarding installing FEDORA on flash drive

How should i install Fedora onto flash drive .. to boot the OS from flash drive.. plz help me in that!! :( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dude_me5
4 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Installing CadenceRTLCompilerRC09.10.100 on fedora 11 32 bit

Hi guys, I want to install CadenceRTLCompilerRC09.10.100 on fedora 11 32 bit. After installing and setting license file, when I run: rc -guiit gives me this: rc: ERROR: The tool 'rc' does not seem to be available on the rc: platform 'lnx86' in your installation: rc: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Installing gcc on Fedora

I am trying to install gcc4.8.2 on fedora but have encountered problems. This is the error I got when running configure configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.2+, MPFR 2.4.0+ and MPC 0.8.0+. So I went along to install the three of them I installed gmp-4.3.2 which went ok ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
14 Replies

10. Proxy Server

Problem with Installing Perl Module in Fedora 20

Hi, I have downloaded Audio::Beep. I tried to install it through CPAN but i got YAML error. Then I have tried to install it manually. I tried all the instructions provided in README file. It worked but when i am compiling , it still gives me error: # ls acct21.pl~ imap(2).pl ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: zak100
15 Replies
MAKEDELTARPM(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKEDELTARPM(8)

NAME
makedeltarpm - create a deltarpm from two rpms SYNOPSIS
makedeltarpm [-v] [-V version] [-z compression] [-m mbytes] [-s seqfile] [-r] [-u] oldrpm newrpm deltarpm makedeltarpm [-v] [-V version] [-z compression] [-s seqfile] [-u] -p oldrpmprint oldpatchrpm oldrpm newrpm deltarpm DESCRIPTION
makedeltarpm creates a deltarpm from two rpms. The deltarpm can later be used to recreate the new rpm from either filesystem data or the old rpm. Use the -v option to make makedeltarpm more verbose about its work (use it twice to make it even more verbose). If you want to create a smaller and faster to combine "rpm-only" deltarpm which does not work with filesystem data, specify the -r option. makedeltarpm normally produces a V3 format deltarpm, use the -V option to specify a different version if desired. The -z option can be used to specify a different compression method, the default is to use the same compression method as used in the new rpm. The -s option makes makedeltarpm write out the sequence id to the specified file seqfile. If you also use patch rpms you should use the -p option to specify the rpm-print of oldrpm and the created patch rpm. This option tells makedeltarpm to exclude the files that were not included in the patch rpm but are not byteswise identical to the ones in oldrpm. makedeltarpm can also create an "identity" deltarpm by adding the -u switch. In this case only one rpm has to be specified. An identity deltarpm can be useful to just replace the signature header of a rpm or to reconstruct a rpm from the filesystem. MEMORY CONSIDERATIONS
makedeltarpm normally needs about three to four times the size of the rpm's uncompressed payload. You can use the -m option to enable a sliding block algorithm that needs mbytes megabytes of memory. This trades memory usage with the size of the created deltarpm. Furthermore, the uncompressed deltarpm payload is currently also stored in memory when this option is used, but it tends to be small in most cases. SEE ALSO
applydeltarpm(8) combinedeltarpm(8) AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Jul 2010 MAKEDELTARPM(8)