Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Installing linux with windows vista Post 302203179 by nickdba on Friday 6th of June 2008 07:51:55 PM
Old 06-06-2008
You mean to say that connecting my ext HDD and reboot to by setting the bios to boot from the ext HDD and install linux on it.

Will windows boot automatically without any problems if I remove ext HDD and if I need to use Linux I can plugin and restart the OS and set the bios to boot from ext HDD.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Installing Linux on an existing Windows PC?

Is it possible without having to reinstall windows? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Methal
4 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need to install red hat linux on existing windows vista OS as dual boot

HI ALL, I need to install linux on already existing windows vista OS. I tried to install linux,am getting error while creating patitions, i)selected manula patition with grude option.. after that when i m selecting free space to create mount points, its giving error "could not allocate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack00423
2 Replies
UUID_COMPARE(3) 						    Libuuid API 						   UUID_COMPARE(3)

NAME
uuid_compare - compare whether two UUIDs are the same SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid/uuid.h> int uuid_compare(uuid_t uu1, uuid_t uu2) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_compare function compares the two supplied uuid variables uu1 and uu2 to each other. RETURN VALUE
Returns an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if uu1 is found, respectively, to be lexigraphically less than, equal, or greater than uu2. AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_COMPARE(3)