Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris IPMP/zones config how for this case ,urgent Post 302203108 by incredible on Friday 6th of June 2008 01:59:57 PM
Old 06-06-2008
you will just need to have 2 cables. one for each IP. the zones will host the virtual IP, thus your zones should nit be configured for IPMP except for your physical box.
check this out.
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~doug/howtos/multipathing.html

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

3. Solaris

IPMP config

Hi All, I have unplumbed one interface. after that ifconfig -a shows that lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 e1000g0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

!!VERY URGENT!! Trouble in getting user input, while using under CASE statement in UNIX

i want to get user input like this please tell which option to chose 1. mango 2. tango 3. rango if user chooses mango then it should execute a set of statements and again ask like this what do you want to do 1.add 2.subtract 3.exit when i choose exit it should goto my previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s.deepak
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Can't login using ssh after IPMP config.

Dear All, After configuring IPMP in 2 fresh Servers (T5520 and T2000) I can't login in any of them using SSH, I can login by serial console then I had to enable Telnet to access. IPMP works fine. This is the error in /var/adm/messages: sshd: Failed password for lvalle from 172.28.12.95 port... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luis Valle
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Network / global zones (Solaris 10 / 8) config recommendations

I have a few non-globa zones running in a 10.10.xx.xx network on a machine that is on a 192.168.xx.xx network. My goal is to allow each of the non-global zones to communicate to each other while not communicating on the 192.168.xx.xx network. I am using the current version of Solaris 10 in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BradJM
7 Replies
zonename(1)                                                        User Commands                                                       zonename(1)

NAME
zonename - print name of current zone SYNOPSIS
zonename DESCRIPTION
The zonename utility prints the name of the current zone. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWzoneu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
zlogin(1), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), attributes(5), zones(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Jan 2004 zonename(1)