Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions What is Your Favorite Anti-Virus Software for Windows at Home? Post 302203086 by robotronic on Friday 6th of June 2008 01:04:48 PM
Old 06-06-2008
I use Avast Free and sometimes I run a scan with Spybot - Search & Destroy, a free spyware detector.

It's incredible how many threats can be found on a Windows machine!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

anti-spam virus package for Unix

:( Is there anyone know the anti-spam and anti- virus package software list for Unix !!?? Where can I find that, I have no idea in searching through the internet! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwayne
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anti Virus sw

Can anyone recommend Anti Virus sw for a ten user small business environment running Unix... ver? Thanks for the help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

anti virus caller

Hi all. Iam using AVG antivirus personel edition, and i can only set it to run at one time only. Iam running it on a Win98 machine. is it possilbe to write a Perl script or c++ script to set it up to run at 12pm and 3pm and 6pm ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

What anti-virus to use with Ubuntu

Greetings I just installed Ubuntu 9 on my computer and need to know what anti-virus software to use. I have been using Avast anti-virus on my other comps for years and really like it. I have not tried it with Ubuntu yet but it says for Windows based systems. Any ideas are appreciated Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: N5TDA
5 Replies

5. Linux

Linux Anti Virus

Can anyone tell the best free antivirus for Linux? I'm using RED HAT 9.0 & want to install antivirus for it. So if anyone has any suggestions of where to get that antivirus, that would be great! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
2 Replies

6. Linux

Anti-virus Software Question For Linux

Greetings To All! I am new in supporting Linux and recently I was tasked to find out the following information and am not sure how to find the answers, hence this posting... I am running Redhat Enterprise Server 5.4 I realize this is a Redhat specific question, but it pertains to all of our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rob Sandifer
7 Replies
OPENSEARCH-DISCOVER(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    OPENSEARCH-DISCOVER(1)

NAME
opensearch-discover - Find an OpenSearch link from a given URL. SYNOPSIS
opensearch-discover [-q] [-v] [-t TITLE] [-1|-a] [-h] [URL] DESCRIPTION
Loads the given URL, searches it for a link to an OpenSearch description URL, and prints that URL. OPTIONS
-q, --quiet Give no output on errors. In this case, consult the exit code to determine errors (See "DIAGNOSTICS"). -v, --verbose Verbose: display titles with links. Combine with -a to see all available searches -t TITLE, --title=TITLE Only display links matching TITLE, a case-insensitive perl regular expression. For example, -t book would match Book Search, and -t b.*k would match Book Search or Baby Springbok. -1, --first Only display first (matching) link. This is the default. -a, --all Display all (matching) links. -h, --help Display a short help message. DIAGNOSTICS
On success, prints the address of the OpenSearch description file and returns 0. If it cannot load the given URL, it returns 1. If the given URL does not contain a link to an OpenSearch description file, it returns 2. If required perl modules are missing, it returns 3. DEPENDENCIES
Requires modules from libwww-perl and HTML::Parser (Debian package libhtml-parser-perl). BUGS
None known. Please report any found to ianb@erislabs.net SEE ALSO
opensearch(1), opensearch-genquery(1), surfraw(1), WWW::OpenSearch(3pm), <http://www.opensearch.org/> AUTHOR
Ian Beckwith <ianb@erislabs.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2006 Ian Beckwith <ianb@erislabs.net> Licensed under the same terms as surfraw. perl v5.12.4 2011-07-12 OPENSEARCH-DISCOVER(1)