Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators What is meant by the words under usernames? Post 302203072 by reborg on Friday 6th of June 2008 11:55:35 AM
Old 06-06-2008
We have give some of the users who have made significant contribution the the forums the ability to change their user titles.

Also the "supporter" title is assigned to users who have made financial donations to the forums. Read-only signifies a user who has been banned from posting by the moderators or admins but not from reading the forums, and banned means that they have been banned from logging in in any way.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

max charachters for usernames

Can anyone tell me what the charachter maximum on a username is in SunOs 5.6. Thanks Mark (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m.szylkarski
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me with this script meant for checking /etc/passwd if a name exists

I'm trying to create a program that includes variety of duties. One of the duties includes deleting a user if the user name exist in the /etc/passwd file. how do i make that happen. those of you that know about this shell programming, please tell me what i should do after the shell reads... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is meant by <<! ... ! ??

I tried typing it into google but no results. I don't know what it's called or what it does and when it is used so I must ask: What does it mean if you have something like... cmd <!! cm2 cm3 ! What do those <!! and ! symbols do? When/why do you use them? I found it inside a bourne... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Usernames and processes most used

I need a command that returns the usernames that have ran the 10 processes that have taken the most time to execute on a machine. I also need a command that returns only those directories that have read/execute permissions for all the users. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anw68ster
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting usernames with at least 4 characters

Hi, i want to use grep to extract users with at least 4 characters in their username, i've tried who | grep \{4,\} but thats not working!!!!!! Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Usernames across Applications

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if there was a way to make it so that usernames could be used across applications. For instance, I have a server that has a bunch of users. I want these users to have ways of accessing my database as well as a variety of other programs, but I don't want them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzofish
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Usernames in Sudoers have #

We have users that have a # in their username. Sudo is working on some servers and not others. I have narrowed it down to the # in their username. Any suggestions or ideas why it is working on 1 server but not another. Server not working is - Solaris 10 patch level 138888-01 Server working is ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gibby13
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is meant by subprocesses?

I'm going through my UNIX book and came across a section on Customization and Subprocesses. Can someone tell me what a subprocess is -- for example, when the book says "Which shell 'thing' are known to subprocesses" what exactly does it mean? The book just talks about it without defining it... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through usernames 1 by 1 and select

Hello All, A quick description of what I would like to do; 1) Find all the current registered usernames and loop through them. 2) Display each username 1 by 1 and Ask the user if they would like to store the username in another array (y or n) 3) Display the list of chosen usernames... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmab
4 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Display usernames and their UIDs

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a script that displays all usernames and their UIDs in the following fashion: name1 uid=999 name2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baniel
2 Replies
SFTP-SERVER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SFTP-SERVER(8)

NAME
sftp-server -- SFTP server subsystem SYNOPSIS
sftp-server [-ehR] [-d start_directory] [-f log_facility] [-l log_level] [-P blacklisted_requests] [-p whitelisted_requests] [-u umask] sftp-server -Q protocol_feature DESCRIPTION
sftp-server is a program that speaks the server side of SFTP protocol to stdout and expects client requests from stdin. sftp-server is not intended to be called directly, but from sshd(8) using the Subsystem option. Command-line flags to sftp-server should be specified in the Subsystem declaration. See sshd_config(5) for more information. Valid options are: -d start_directory specifies an alternate starting directory for users. The pathname may contain the following tokens that are expanded at runtime: %% is replaced by a literal '%', %h is replaced by the home directory of the user being authenticated, and %u is replaced by the user- name of that user. The default is to use the user's home directory. This option is useful in conjunction with the sshd_config(5) ChrootDirectory option. -e Causes sftp-server to print logging information to stderr instead of syslog for debugging. -f log_facility Specifies the facility code that is used when logging messages from sftp-server. The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0, LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7. The default is AUTH. -h Displays sftp-server usage information. -l log_level Specifies which messages will be logged by sftp-server. The possible values are: QUIET, FATAL, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE, DEBUG, DEBUG1, DEBUG2, and DEBUG3. INFO and VERBOSE log transactions that sftp-server performs on behalf of the client. DEBUG and DEBUG1 are equivalent. DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 each specify higher levels of debugging output. The default is ERROR. -P blacklisted_requests Specify a comma-separated list of SFTP protocol requests that are banned by the server. sftp-server will reply to any blacklisted request with a failure. The -Q flag can be used to determine the supported request types. If both a blacklist and a whitelist are specified, then the blacklist is applied before the whitelist. -p whitelisted_requests Specify a comma-separated list of SFTP protocol requests that are permitted by the server. All request types that are not on the whitelist will be logged and replied to with a failure message. Care must be taken when using this feature to ensure that requests made implicitly by SFTP clients are permitted. -Q protocol_feature Query protocol features supported by sftp-server. At present the only feature that may be queried is ``requests'', which may be used for black or whitelisting (flags -P and -p respectively). -R Places this instance of sftp-server into a read-only mode. Attempts to open files for writing, as well as other operations that change the state of the filesystem, will be denied. -u umask Sets an explicit umask(2) to be applied to newly-created files and directories, instead of the user's default mask. For logging to work, sftp-server must be able to access /dev/log. Use of sftp-server in a chroot configuration therefore requires that syslogd(8) establish a logging socket inside the chroot directory. SEE ALSO
sftp(1), ssh(1), sshd_config(5), sshd(8) T. Ylonen and S. Lehtinen, SSH File Transfer Protocol, draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-02.txt, October 2001, work in progress material. HISTORY
sftp-server first appeared in OpenBSD 2.8. AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> BSD
October 14, 2013 BSD